October 25, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Flavor Savers Lip Balm - Strawberry

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Astera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've loved these since I was young. My mother used to sell Avon products in the late '90s and she would order me these lip balms. On a whim, I was going through a catalog during Xmas and I asked for some of these. I got them and I was pleasantly surprised.
The lip balm is a bit on the greasy side (it has castor oil in it I believe... I don't have the package on hand) but it was smooth. I may be blinded by nostalgia but I love the fake flavoring and smell. If you don't like flavor, you'll hate this balm. Very flavored like the title suggests! Bubble gum is my favorite one.
The packaging is HORRENDOUS. The label peels halfway off when you peel it open instead of just the seal breaking off. I like my labels intact and this bothered me greatly. My sister always peels her labels off (she's odd about labels, she just hates them) so she didn't care!
The label appears to be the same design since the balm debuted- very retro fonts.
It leaves a light natural tint on the lips. I hate lip color - this is just enough for me. If you're looking for true tint, look elsewhere.
Would I buy again? Yes and no. No only because I rarely ever finish lip balm. I get distracted with other balms! Great stocking stuffers, gifts, etc. - especially for little girls!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by purplepianist

I half like and half dislike this product. The main cons are they seem to dry out my lips, you need to reapply them several times a day, and I wish they smelled a bit less faky (though I do like the scent of it). The main pros were the nice little bit of color it gave my lips, the cheap price, and it wasn't sticky. I put I'd buy the product again, however it's more of a maybe than anything since I haven't really ventured too far into the world of lip products to find something that I really like.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by luv4free

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good chap stick, it does remind me a lot of those Lip Smackers. It moisturizes your lips, and leaves a nice tint to your lips. The scent is very nice. But, yes, I do find it has a plasticky cheap taste, but other than that, I like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to have to nix all of the glowing reviews for this particular product, because I was previously buoyed by what I'd read here, together with the equally rapturous reviews on Avon's website, and so I purchased numerous, different lip balms with a recent, online Avon order-this one being a part of those selections. Granted, I picked it up for under a buck, but still ... I'd even seen it compared with, and exalted higher than Smith's Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm, which is a staple of mine. To me, there is nil comparison between the two. On many different levels. The scent is achingly, tell-tale, fake plastic strawberries. Application texture and color is smeary, waxy and disintergrates easily, with a shade equivalency to a random red from out of a Crayola color box. I let my young daughter try it, and she was equally unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by mountaingem

I LOVE THESE! I've been using them since I was a teenager. They are great alone or under lipsticks I find too drying. I also mix them with lip pencil for my own version of long-wear lipcolor. Great flavors, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail tinted lip balm! And the perks are that it gives a nice natural flush color to your lips... just bitten/just kissed kind of color! Your lips but better - so it works with any skin tone because it's sheer! I love that it is a lip balm, but it has a tint so you don't have to apply it with a mirror! It's genius! I get why this is a cult favorite classic! Much better than the expensive tinted lip colors out there! The scent is great too! Very boyfriend friendly;) I think I have a dozen of these floating around. I love love love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by alexlovesmakeupfun

leaves my lips greasy but moisturized.not a strong enough scent and tastes nasty.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty1121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cheap chapstick. Its not sticky and it leaves my lips smooth. I don't think I would buy it again because it isn't the best I've used and I prefer a chapstick that makes my lips tingle. Ha.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

PROS: Fabulous, delicious strawberry scent (reminds me of Lip Smackers!). Leaves a lovely tint on your lips. Very inexpensive.

CONS: Plasticky cheap taste. Not very cute packaging. Not long lasting, "thin" feeling. Not very moisturizing IMO, b/c it initially moisturizes but very quickly fades and leaves lips as dry or drier than before (I have REALLY REALLY dry lips, b/c of Accutane, and very few products really moisturize my lips. This isn't one of them, so I don't consider it to be truly moisturizing. However, on the average gal, this might work just fine).

Overall, I won't repurchase. I really wanted to like this product, esp w/all of the positive MUA reviews! But, Avon has plenty of other lip products that are moisturizing (Juice Gems in Mango Tango works great, actually!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

OMG! This brings me back. I wasn't allowed to wear much makeup as a teen, rightly so. I was allowed this and some mascara though. I used to grease my lips up with this stuff. I was a girl scout back then. I remember I loved he scent and flavor. It gave the slightest tint and was very shiny. Really moisturizing.