July 29, 2014 | 1526 users online

Lip Gloss - Apt.5 Cosmetics - Lip Shine Glosses

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Miamommy

Love this gloss! Great colors. Not sticky, awesome price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by carhornsinapril

i bought this on a whim in LG-8, which appears to be a pretty heinous shade of melon orange in the tube, but something drew me to it. shockingly, the color is heaven on my fair but warm-toned skin. the consistency is a bit sticky, though it does have staying power, which i like.

sounds perfect, right? well, it unfortunately makes me break out in disgusting white pustules around my lip line every time i use it. sigh. i'd call that a deal breaker.

UPDATE 11/17/2007: my hormones must have just been freaking out, because i picked it back up after this review, and have had no more lipline pimple problems with it! unfortunately, the wand broke (where it screws into the tube), so i had to throw it away because it was leaking!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

These glosses are just amazing. I received one in a swap as an extra. Can't remember what the number on it was but it was a beautiful mauvey shade. The texture is fantastic. Not sticky and not watery and it had amazing staying power for a gloss. Will definitely look into getting more of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this today in LG - 6, which looks bright pink in the tube. Definitely looks like a Barbie pink, but on the lips, looks like a subtle baby pink. I'm very warm toned, and this gloss is a great neutral. Love the texture (sticky but not as thick as Revlon Superlustrous glosses), faint vanilla smell, and huge bottle. It's a great design and the price isn't bad either. I would definitely repurchase.

For reference, I'm warm toned medium with black hair brown eyes and semi-pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2005 4:08:00 PM More reviews by renita928

I have this in a shimmery purple shade. It goes on sheer and I tend to go for purple lip glosses, since they work with my asian skin. (like coy in the nuetrogena moistureshine glosses.) This lip gloss was good and the color was bright but not over the top. The only copmlaint I have is with the packaging, which other people have complained about as well, is that the plastic part on the inside comes out with the cap soemtimes. it scares the hell outta me when that happens, but it can be fixed if you screw the cap on really tight and then open it gently again. but who wants to do that?
anyway, i would repurchase and the lip gloss itself is really good (except for the odd taste.. it smells good though, like the sugar kisses lip gloss) so I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by JGjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have to admit i tried this because of the cute packaging. i think apt. 5 has the best packaging with the acrylics and everything. anyway, i bought this in clear. i'm not really into their shades and i was looking for a clear one for my lazy days. i took off a lippie because it doesn't shine a lot, but it's good enough. it's also moiturizing and stays on pretty long. i'd definitely buy it again. the price doesn't hurt, either ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2004 9:41:00 AM More reviews by weedita

Just received my order today. And I am really impressed with the glosses. I ordered one of every color based on the reviews from this board. My favorite one is LG-13. It truly is "my lips but only better "look since I am CCC. They have a nice texture and are a little thick so that they last awhile. I own 4 MAC lipglasses and in my opinion I like the Apt.5 glosses a bit better. Maybe because they give you more product and cost less. I will definitely be repurchasing. The only negative thing that I can say about them is that the packaging is not the best. The rings that strips the wand of excess product seems to come loose a lot. So you want to be extra careful while opening just in case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lola610

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought #6, 7, and 8 today after falling in love with the colors the other day and reading the great reviews on these glosses. The colors I purchased were all cream shades which I prefer. #6 and #7 are both beautiful pinks. #7, if my memory serves me right, is very similar to Bobbi Brown's gloss in Petal. #6 is the paler and more subdued version of #7. #8 is the orange shade I've been searching forever for. The closest I've come so far was Bourjois' #88 Orange Energic. Apt. 5's version, however, is much more pigmented. As someone else had reviewed earlier, this shade doesn't just warm up your lips. It's not orange paint for the lips but it did give my pigmented lips a subtle orange/peach tint. I enjoyed all three of the colors and the texture is very velvety and cushiony (comparable to Chanel Glossimers). These glosses are not tacky but just sticky enough to have some reasonable staying power. Overall, the quality and price of these glosses are quiet unbeatable. Frankly, I don't think I've seen prettier colors in much costlier lines. Good cream colors are quiet rare and I thank the cosmetics god (and MUA) for introducing me to this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2004 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kpgnorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again, you have convinced me to try something...I just received my Apt.5 in the mail. I, too, had trouble with ordering: I didn't receive a confirmation for about 10 days. Well, by then I had figured I wasn't getting anything, and had ordered similar products from meetmark.com. So now I have lots of cheaper cosmetics to try! About the gloss--flavor isn't bad, staying power is the same as for most glosses, which is to say awful, but that's ok, and the color looks shocking in the tube but calms down on the lips. If I could walk into Eckerd and buy more, I would. But the color representation online was dreadful, so I won't do that again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by dieselandsasha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A SUPER sweet swapper sent me a couple of these as a sort of thank-you, but unfortunately, they're not for me. They are way too bulky for my train case, and it takes a LOT of times in-and-out to get enough product out of the container. These also have a weird taste and leave a funky residue on my lips.. I gave them to my sister and haven't gotten any complaints so maybe its just me??! They're about $6-7, and come in a variety of colors.