November 22, 2014 | 1735 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Lash Architect Mascara Waterproof Formula

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Frankly, the packaging was the big appeal of this mascara for me... I had not heard anything about it or bothered to read many reviews, saw it on sale and was attracted by the interesting shape and size of the wand so I bought it. L'oreal marketing, you win. The product itself isn't too bad, the mascara is a lengthening and separating formula however it does tend to weigh my sparse, straight lashes down, which is not a great thing. I was able to maximise it by pairing it with the use of a different mascara first, then I use this one to separate any clumps. I wouldn't repurchase because it's not spectacular, but it is pretty and does wear well (long lasting, especially the waterproof version) and if you already have good lashes, you might find this performs well. Difficult to take off but that's to be expected in a waterproof formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This L'oreal Lash Architect 4D Mascara Waterproof Formula (in green packaging) was came in a X'mas gift set along with 2 Infallible shadows for HKD145. I have been wanting to try out these eyeshadows and I was running out of mascara, so I decided to get this set.

I've not had much experience with L'oreal mascara but I remember trying out their double ended mascaras long time ago. Anyway, I didn't have high expectation with this L'oreal 4D Architect Mascara.

I've been using this mascara for months now. I honestly do not like it. It does help darkening the colour of my lashes which makes my lashes look a little bit fuller. However, it doesn't give you that wow effect on volumizing or lengthening. I would only use it after a few coats of lengthening mascara.

Even I've already got the waterproof formula because of my oily eyelids, it still smudges during the day. I would have to clean up my eyelids every few hours so as not to look like a mess.

I would not recommend this to anyone with oily eyelid. If you have naturally long lashes, it might be a good choice for you to make your lashes look a bit thicker and the gift set is no doubt a really good deal. Due to my short and thin layer of eyelashes, I wouldn't buy this mascara again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

OMG I bought this just to try out as I didn't fancy spending 20 pound on "designer" mascara and I was affraid it would be rubbish as the last mascara I bought from L'Oreal a good 10 years ago was, but its AMAZING.

I always go for a lengthening and defining waterproof formula, as I'm not bothered about the volume. I need it to be waterproof because my eyelashes are very thick and long-ish but completely poker straight, so I have to curl them and then apply waterproof mascara, otherwise they go flat again.

I'm SO impressed with this. Bought it as a part of a 2 for 14 pound offer in Boots, UK. It promised to lengthen without emphasising the volume, plus it was waterproof, so I thought I'd give it a go to replace my long gone Lancome Hypnose (waterproof!) and hope for the best.

This mascara holds the curl as well as Hypnose, for half the price! I'm so chuffed. Even after hours of wearing it, if I look up, I can feel my lashes touching my eyelids, that's a VERY good sign for us ladies with straight, flat lashes. It lengthens, thickens and defines without flaking or feeling sticky or gluey.

Love it. I'm gutted there was only one left after I bought mine today. Might have to try eBay to stock up on this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

My friend recommended this product because I was looking for a mascara that would add volume to my lashes.
It does a good job and I do like the mascara but i need to be careful and make sure that i don't get too much product into my lashes because it will look clumpy. So what I do is I use a tissue paper and wipe off any excess before applying it on my lashes and it looks great.

Since I am Asian and I have short and straight lashes I need to use a waterproof formula with any mascara that I use otherwise my curls won't hold.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by mclairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the regular, non-waterproof version of this mascara. I really liked the dramatic look it gave me, but I found that it flaked absolutely atrociously! I have never had such a bad problem with flaking EVER as I had with that.

So, I thought that I would give the mascara another try in the waterproof formula, as I guessed it would be less flake-prone. Thankfully, I was right! I've just bought my second tube of this mascara today, which says something as I virtually never repurchase mascaras!

This mascara gives me full, dark, defined lashes, and I can build it up to be as subtle or dramatic as I want. I've not experienced any issues with clumping, although I do usually have to remove some excess from the brush before applying.

My lashes are long and fairly curled, and also not too sparse. The problem is that they're fine and very pale from about halfway up. This mascara thickened without sticking the lashes together and has a nice, rich, black colour.

As far as waterproofing is concerned, it works very well for me. To be honest, sometimes it works a bit too well as it can be a total pain to remove in the evening.

One lippie removed because of the annoyance of taking it off, and the fact that the packaging is a bit ugly. Otherwise, it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Currently I'm going through my second tube of this mascara, and i have to say its amaaazing!
although the formula can get a bit dry and there might be some extremely minor clumping, the result is unbelievable. My eyelashes look gigantic!I have been extremely pleased!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by raquelpoa

I bought this for daily use and was sorely disappointed that I decided to get it instead of my usual lancome mascara. This does not look that great on my lashes and it smudges during the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by SinominGirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this, because my girlfriend said it was similar to my beloved Maybelline Volum Express.

It is very similar, although I was less impressed by it. Maybe because I'm biased... It's not at all bad though. I can't really remember, it was such a long time ago I bought it (approx. 5 years ago).

It is a very good starter for those who are seeking a waterproof volumising mascara. Depending on your lashes and expectations, it may even become your favourite. Does it's job pretty damn well for a drugstore mascara, I say.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by plasticsun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this on sale and I'm glad I didn't pay too much for it. I've found the formula gluggy on my lashes and it has that cheap-and-obvious look. Going to look for a better waterproof mascara than this next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by jenny017

Once again I should have read the reviews before purchasing it. It was great to apply and it did lengthen my lashes, however it did flake and by the end of the day I had raccoon eyes. Wouldn't purchase again. Thank goodness I purchased it on sale.