November 28, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Chopper Eye Shadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

I have this shade as part of the Naked palette (I forget which one, I think 2?) and I have to say that I *love* the colour, that is the only reason Iím giving this any lippies at all. The colour is pigmented and gorgeous so why only one lippie, well Iím sure everyone is aware of the glitter in Chopper and thatís the reason this gets just 1 lippie from me.
I try to be careful with this eyeshadow but no matter what I do I get glitter everywhere, and you canít get it off once itís stuck to your face and that can ruin an entire look. The huge issue for me though is how badly the chunky glitter in this irritates my eyes. Iíve been suffering pain and watering in my eyes for 2 days now, I swear eyeshadow shouldnít even be allowed to have this amount of glitter in it, or at least this chunky. Today my eyes will not stop steaming, thank God my eyeliner is decently waterproof! I would be a lot kinder on my review rating if it wasnít for the issues this has caused but not product should cause this kind of irritation EVER in my opinion. I think UD should massively rethink this kind of eye shadow, there was a ton of grief over whether some of the Electric pigments were ok to use around the eyes last I heard, but theyíre ok with putting massive bits of glitter where they can fall in your eyes and cause pain? Pstch. Not cool.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love the color of Chopper, it looks gorgeous on my blue eyes. It's kind of a bronzy-pink shade. The issue I have with it though is the glitter fallout! Even when I'm careful to apply my eye makeup before foundation and wipe my face with a towelette after applying, I still end up with silver glitter cheeks as the day goes on. I did the glitter thing in middle and high school- not so cute for a 25 year old trying to be professional and pulled together! An awesome dupe-the left eyelid shade of the WnW Comfort Zone palette matches chopper to a T, without (!!) the glitter and at $5 for the entire 8 shadow palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by KEWO

I really do love this shadow, but I hate the fallout. At first, I was intimidated by this color, but when I experimented with my Naked 2 palette, I found that Chopper and Half-Baked were beautiful together. The amount of glitter that ends up on my face is very frustrating, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Gorgeous coppery color that seems to be cool-toned. I normally can't pull off copper because I am cool-toned, but this looks great. I pair this with Smog and Maui Wowie and man, a very antique gold look that I am able to do. I am so jealous of warm girls because the golds and coppers are so pretty.

This does have some glitter but not bad. It does have a little fallout, but from watching other girls on Youtube I learned with these types of shadows to apply them first and then do the face so i can cleanup the glitter fallout if there is any.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I had never tried UD before until a makeup artist at Sephora suggested their eye shadows. I purchased this one with Easy Baked and Virgin. Chopper reminds me of my favorite Trisha McEvoy eye shadow that was discontinued years ago. It looks amazing on my green eyes and pale skin, it quickly became HG status. The formula is powder but it's not a dry powder texture, it feels very smooth going on. It does have glitter fallout but I put concealer on afterwards anyways so it's not a big deal. So glad I tried UD!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Efeemck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this shadow! I have no fallout and I have quite oily lids and the shade is just.. To die for! It's like a coppery, rose gold shade- beaut!!!!! Xx

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The fallout with this eye shadow is absolutely ridiculous! I was so disappointed because the color is actually gorgeous! But i didn't enjoy having glitter all under my eyes. Until I can figure a way to apply this so that there isn't so much fallout, this just isn't cutting it for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this color. I have olive skin and dark brown eyes and hair. I bought it after I realized I was using only a coppery color out of another Stila palette. This is a beautiful, coppery ight browny- pink color. It looks gorgeous for day, or I add Urban Decay's "Smog" on top for a little more dark if I want to play up my eyes. But for a natural look in the spring/summer this is a beautiful color. Would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a pretty color, and the fallout wasn't terrible for me, but while it's versatile, it doesn't have the "wow" factor I want in a copper color like this. It looks boring on the pan, pretty on my hand, and boring on my face. Just not my color, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Like all UD shadows, Chopper has great texture, pigmentation and lasting ability. It goes on smooth, stays put and looks lovely.
Chopper is a warm light brown with a noticeable pinkish undertone and some generously sized chunks of glitter. It's flattering on my warm skin; I like to enhance the rest of my eyeshadow look with a little bit of Chopper in the inner corner of the eye.
It's not a must have UD shadow for me, like Smog or Half-Baked, but it's a good one and definitely not a "filler" shadow they just throw into palettes.