July 29, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Pleather Pencil Perversion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 3:56:00 AM More reviews by angerturnedsideways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I expected this to be dark, and it was when I blotted it on my lips as a stain - I achieved about the same colour as MAC bizaarish/bazaarish/sexie/whatever-the-new-incarnation-is-called lipglass.

However when I applied it full-on, ie. coloured in my lips with it, it was a bright (but deep) purple, rather than a deep burgundy.

Bright but deep sounds conflicting, so I took a picture:

There. It might look darker on fairer ladies, but I'm brown and that's how it looks on me.

As for the product itself (not the shade), I must admit that I'm biased. I love UD. I love the pleather pencils - they're amazing. This was smooth to apply, shiny, and yes it feathers - but I get around that by applying foundation around my mouth, or whatever. To be fair, I'm in my early twenties and it might start feathering more as I get older.

I got it from ebay for I think about a quid for 3 pencils, and it's discontinued anyway, but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if I wore this colour everyday/often.

However I don't wear bright purple lipstick often, so I won't. But you might. Especially if you were Vampirella.

-END- continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by jmarie0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The color is really very dark. However, I do like to fill in my lips with this pencil and then blot with tissue. The result is a much less startling shade that works as a nice base under gloss and lasts for a long time. The only reason I'm unlikely to buy this again is that I so enjoy trying new products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 11:05:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

OK, so I'm a consummate goth girl, but this colour is FABULOUS!! It was colours like this that made Urban Decay so coveted by those of us who *prefer* unusual and dramatic shades. Unfortunately, they have now discontinued it, so I am forced to hoard it in my refrigerator. That sounds appropriately weird, right? Anyway, the only reason this doesn't get 5 lippies is that it feathers. If applied carefully, you can avoid this though, or you can always use a liner. I miss this wonderful, deep dark plum!
*EDIT* I have indeed given it five lippies despite the feathering, just because careful application can take care of it mostly, and I've been stocking up on it since its discontinuation. I don't know how I could live without this one - although it is dark, it is also bold/bright, an.d that makes it a really unique plum. It's a Happy Goth colour. :) There's a picture of me wearing it in my profile section.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 8:25:00 PM More reviews by shamrocked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I Vant to Suck Your Bvood! Vwahahahaha!

Ahem, sorry, I was channeling Vampirella. Okay so it's not red. But it's DARK. I mean WAY dark. I mean "Here comes Shamrocked's Lips!" dark.

It's fun though. Great creamy pencil, goes on almost like liquid. Almost TOO much liquid. Well too much for this shade anyhow. Get your Q-tips ready. No matter how careful you apply, no matter what "pre-treatment"... foundation, lip enhancer, lip base, powder - it will show ANY little flaw you may have drawing in because well heck, its DARK!

I may try it with a regular lip liner (one that doesn't make a break for it off my lips like this does). But then again, this is dark. Have I said that enough? I just didn't want you to wonder if perhaps I meant "slightly dark" or just "dark on me"... no it's dark. The darkest Berry/Bloody/Purpley combo that I've found.

But, its a good pencil. I guess. When it's not making a break for it off my lips.

I guess that ends up being a verified Neutral for me.

Update 9/6/03: Okay the honeymoon is over. Yeah I got a thrill outta the whole Pleather Pencil kick (which is why this WAS neutral) but I went out and realized there is more fish in the sea (aka other shades.) This shade shade really does just suck, hence I remove a lippie (from 3 to 2). I can't imagine who could wear THIS dark of BLACKENED-FUSCHIA. Even goths would cringe. (I think.) I just can't wear this, and I really doubt many people could. continued >>