November 28, 2014 | 913 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

This review is for the Garnier Fortifying Shampoo for Dry/Damaged hair. Very easy to use, Lathers, cleans, rinses easily. Great strong feeling to the hair afterward - Yes! Didn't have the stronger apple scent I've disliked about Garnier in the past - scent was very subtle and tolerable. Excellent value. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have an irrational need for two things in hair care 1) I need to have shampoo, conditioner and and leave in, heat seal, etc. all match brand wise. 2) I keep 3-4 different brands in my shower at all times. It's silly I know.

That said, I could not resist advertising for products that promise ultra shiny hair. The scent of this is intense citrus and extremely "slick" with silicones. I'm not anti silicone and my hair happens to like them, however I can "feel" these in the shampoo and on my hair once it's rinsed out. That's ALL I feel - it's not necessarily moisturizing but coated with 'cones.

It's also got some sort of oil-encapsulated drops of a blue substance floating around in it that is supposed to be "oil". I'm not too sure about this. It just sounds and looks funny to me. It did add "some" moisture to my hair but not enough. Again, the emphasis is put on shine and not moisture.

WIll I purchase again? No. i can tell that after 4-5 uses I'm going to need something clarifying to get all the product out of my hair. Imo this is not for thin oily hair at all. It's for super thick, unruly hair that needs to be able to get a comp through it and needs to have hair coated in order to style it easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by PolskaBlondynka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo and when used with the conditioner, wow! I don't exactly have damaged hair but I do blow dry my hair almost every day. It leaves it super silky, shiny, and healthy. I swear by this shampoo plus the conditioner. I just recently bought the Moroccan oil from Garnier and I must say that Garnier Fructis is amazing at hair products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the Triple Nutrition for extra dry hair, the cream version of this shampoo not the gel-like. I washed my hair and it turned it into a tangled mess, I usually use Clear Scalp shampoo in shea butter and my hair doesn't even need conditioner after even though is dry and colored to the max. I couldn't believe that a shampoo that is made for dry hair could make it drier, I felt like I used Prell instead. I called the 1-800 and they had me on the phone with a supervisor for 18 minutes questioning me and blaming it on my hair. Will go back to Clear Scalp.
EDIT: gave it another try and this makes my hair very greasy and dull, must be the dimethicone.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Flowerlover24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it. I have only gotten it a few times, but It makes my hair very soft. I have tried others like Pantene, and they caused build up on my scalp. I think it's good, and I would recomend it for dry & damaged hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by dotty101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great quality for a great price, it leaves my hair supersoft and smelling yummie!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is quite satisfying, it cleans my hair without it ending up very greasy or without any product build-up which i loathe. i just leaves my hair silky, shiny and moisturised.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been holding out on re-buying Fekkai Glossing because I got spoiled by the per-ounce pricing of the 32 oz bottles when they were available. Alas it's been a fruitless wait so I picked this up at the CVS and I have to say it's not too far afield from the Glossing in cleansing and moisturizing, at about 1/0 the price. Am totally perplexed by the bad reviews here and will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the shampoo I can rely on. I've tried more than I count and intermittently alternate as after a while my hair stops responding to just one but this is my regular. I have fine highlighted hair which can easily become damaged but this shampoo works for me. It cleanses really well without being harsh and seems to work with whatever conditioner I choose to use at the time. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo; it smells great and it really keeps my hair looking good because I dye my hair a lot and this is my go to shampoo when I dye my hair.