November 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Bronzers - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Bronzer #1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by shi1

I remember the first time I saw this shade. I wondered how in the world that could look good on the skin. It almost looks purple! Many years later, I found myself buying one, and now I want to buy a backup. I use it somewhere between a contour and a bronzer. My skin is currently at its lightest (GA LS #2, Chanel VA #10) and it works perfectly as a soft contour. Like all of GA's powder products, the color is never flat, and although there is soft shimmer in it, it never really shows on the skin. It just looks naturally glowy in real life and in pictures. The color is definitely not a traditional bronzer shade. It has grey and purple tones in it along with the brown. It does not pull red or orange. Also like all of GA's products, its very hard to go overboard with their colors. It is almost impossible to mess up because they blend so easily, and apply so subtly that you can build it up to your liking. You won't look muddy, and you can build a nice contour. If you're trying to achieve that bronze goddess look, this might not be the right color, but this is a great shading color to add depth to the face. Its expensive but worth it, and the packaging is chic as usual. It has a mirror but does not come with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is such a gorgeous bronzer for my NC15, GA Luminous Silk #3 skitnone. I love the versatility of this product beacuse I can use it as a true bronzer (i.e. C shape on the sides of my face, or all the highlight points such as bridge of nose, temples, chin), or for contouring, or as a blush. The colour is just right for me because it's not orange at all nor is it red. It's just a neutral bronzing colour. The texture is gorgeous and blends very easily. It also lasts all day on me. Because the colour looks dauntingly dark in the pan, I use it very lightly (i.e. dab a bit on my brush (smaller kabuki brush or even a blush brush as using the typical bronzing brush will deposit too much colour and will make it look fake). In the pan it looks shimmery but it is not obvious on the skin. I am in love with this bronzer and plead GA to never discontinue this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Eh. Another $52 down the drain. Sometimes listening to the popular opinion will only turn around and bite you in the butt. Such as it was with this GA Sheer Bronzer #1. Even as I looked at (I can still remember from the years ago that I got it...) I wondered "Is THIS the one that's so popular? It doesn't even look like a bronzer!" It's sort of a bronzey taupey shade with a hint of pink? I thought "Oooh, but so many good reviews can't be wrong, can they?" I was a sucker, admittedly. I should have gone with my gut. On my C3/NC30 skin, this just looks like dirt. Nothing bronzey about it - it's too COOL to be bronze... I mean, who bronzes in a "taupey" shade? I guess maybe some people are using this as a contour but contour shadows don't have shimmer so that kind of defeats that purpose. I am verklempt. This would seriously make a better eye shadow than bronzer, at least on my skintone. I dunno... maybe my skin tone is weird. When I tan... *when* I tan... I get a mix of red, gold and brown and then it tones down to more of a golden tan brown. Not taupe. I'm pretty sure if you put this on Gerard Butler, he'd look more like his character from 300 than his character from Chasing Mavericks. Just sayin...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What caught my attention from this bronzer was the iridescent tone it had when I swatched it. It's sheer but that's a good thing because it's forgiving. No orange streaks. You can also build it to a darker shade. It has a slight shimmer to it but it's more of a glow on the skin. Not like shimmery glitter. I love how sculpted yet soft and almost natural this product give my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great bronzer that works with creating cheekbone definition especially if you are pale ...... I was worried at first because my skin is NW10 and this looks like it would be too dark or muddy, however, none of that is true (use a light hand and it will not look too dark or too "dirty" ......I use my MAC brush and create with a light hand a more chisled cheekbone, then add a swipe of blush and it looks natural ..... I have used bronzers previously, however, the Armani works best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy goodness! I have used sooo many bronzers and have always been on a mission to finding the perfect one and I have finally found it! I am light-medium with a lot of pinky-bronze. Orange bronzers look icky on me, especially when they get in my hairline (naturally blonde) and some turn red on me (especially blushes). So I chose this based on the fact that it's sheer and buildable and a pretty shade, and I LOVE IT. It is smaller than I thought it would be though, but I don't mind! The shade is very brown in my opinion, sheer and *not as sparkly* as the swatches online seem. I wear Dior Shimmer Star in Amber bronze in conjunction with this and it's beautiful. I think that it is also a great contour color, as it isn't orange and you can add more if you want.

So if you have been on the mission to find a very brown bronzer all of your life, try this one. I do not think you will be disappointed! I am very excited to try the Armani blushes as well, especially the #5 beige violet shade!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is another one of my 'if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't buy it' purchases.
I'll use it up because it's so expensive. (although it will take me forever to do so)

Pros:
Beautiful silky texture
Soft sheen and no noticeable shimmer

Cons:
The colour is a bit dark and I have to be careful when I apply it to avoid looking muddy. (I'm a NC30/35)
Not very pigmented

Verdict:
There are other bronzers that are better than this and for less money.
I'd say save your money and get the LM Matte Radiance Baked Bronzer (if you're wanting an overall bronzer glow) or Bobbi Brown's matte bronzers for contouring.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. I have NW/NC 20 neutral skin that will throw orange, muddy or pink very easily but this product does none of that. I use a large fluffy brush and a light hand to produce a nice natural 'flush' which lifts and shapes my features and makes me look generally healthier. By far this is the best bronzer I've ever used.

I sometimes also use it an e/s crease definer, my only criticism is that it can tend to highlight any open pores you may have, so use sparingly in these areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ehh this is OKAY. I was expecting to adore it when I saw 4.6, such a high rating.
1. its so small! Its like as big as chanel eyeshadow quad but in a circle. Like half of other bronzers.
2. Its too sheer
3. The color is more plum brown then a dark brown on me (Nc15-20).

Ill use it up its not horrible, would probably work on others but for bronzer doesn't work on me.

I use it as a setting powder when I use cream bronzers like TF Shade & Illuminate

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this bronzer but it didn't work out for me. I wasn't into the color too much, as I found it a bit dark. I know pale girls love this bronzer because it is so sheer, but the color itself is a dark brown already, which I dislike. What makes this product easy is the fact that it is so sheer that it is foolproof, but it takes swipes to build any color, which can be a bit inconvenient. The sheen/shimmer this bronzer gives is rather lovely, if nothing else.