October 20, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by JacquelineAnne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product on my face for years, and I love the scent! The scent is now associated with a lot of memories for me, as I've been using this since I was about 19 now. It smells like carrot cake. I love it. I'm extremely pale and it doesn't turn me yellow. It gives me a very, very subtle hint of healthy color... like maybe post-yoga glow.

I have weird skin. I guess you'd call it combination dry skin. What it actually is is EXTREMELY dry, to the point where my face tries to make tons of oil in my T-zone in order to compensate for how darn dry it is. Then what happens is I break out because I have tons of oil and my face is additionally kind of tight, which I think makes it hard for the oil to escape. Voila, clogged pores. In order to not break out, I HAVE to stay away from drying products -- i.e. acne products. However, heavy moisturizers can also break me out. While they make my skin not produce oil and look nice for a while, super heavy moisturizers can clog me up after a while too. So what I essentially need is a really nice, moisturizing, *thin* moisturizer. This fits the bill perfectly.

I've been using this on and off for years and it never breaks me out and it never leaves a film on my skin. It evens out my skin tone (not just because of the yellow tinge to the lotion -- but actually because of the ingredients!) and heals any marks I have on my face. It's heavily moisturizing, but because it's so thin and non-greasy, you won't know it until you realize how nice your skin feels.

Also perfect for the body, but I find that I need something heavier on my hands in the winter. HG face lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by renemy

I really like the consistency of this lotion. As soon as you start rubbing it in, it melts and turns "watery". This makes it easy to rub in. I don't mind the weird yellow color. It's just a color. What I don't like though, I'd the scent. I'm not a fan of carrot cake.
Also, the pump sucks. It keeps clogging and shoots the lotion past my hand and out two feet away.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by cbenjamin313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy a bottle of this every summer. I live in Texas where the sun is glaring and this lotion calms my skin and evens out the tone. I can use it on my face sometimes, sleep, and wake up looking much better. It's my favorite liquid moisturizer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I love the natural quality of BBs, but this lotion makes my legs itch - particularly if I use it after shaving. I'm going to the rest of it up on my chest and arms so it doesn't go to waste at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by bloou

I love this lotion! I actually love all the lotions that burt's bees has. They are all amazing with different reasons. This is more moisturizing than the aloe or the milk body lotion so it's perfect when I want more moisture than usual! I love the carrot cake scent this lotion has, very yummy! And I also love the yellow color, don't know why!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Cecilology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would recommend this lotion to anyone with sensitive dry skin or patches of seasonal eczema like I have. This is the only lotion that hydrated AND helped my skin heal faster. It smells like carrot cake, which I love, and absorbs quickly. The beeswax does leave a light layer, but to me it doesn't feel scummy or greasy and provides a layer of protection from fabric rubbing on healing skin or new patches of eczema. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by radar626

This is a great winter lotion. Not only does it smell delectable (reminds me of carrot cake!), it hydrates my scratchy dry winter skin. It's also recommended for older skin or skin that has seen a bit too much sun to help rehydrate and make it soft and supple again. It absorbs pretty quickly without leaving a greasy feeling. The scent fades as it absorbs, but it does linger a bit so it will clash if you wear perfume. This would make a great gift for a mature woman in your life.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by underether

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has become one of my favorite Burt's Bees products. I have horrible dry skin and red bumps and patches that i couldn't seem to get rid of using other moisturizers. This lotion has worked incredibly well in giving me soft skin again. It's natural, and I actually really like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i had no problem with this product and in face i love it! i wouldn't say i love it as much as the soothingly sensitive buttermilk lotion from burt's bees but its good! i used it on my face last night and had no negative side effects. i like that it's 98.67% natural and that's its got alot of vitamin e and beta-carotene!:) good job burt's bees .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Who...I ask...Who developed this scent? It is horrible. I am sooo glad I only received a sample of it and not the whole bottle. I don't care if it moisturizes well if I can't stand the rancid scent. There are too many other lotions out there to be bothered with this one.