July 22, 2014 | 2353 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Sapphire Sparkle

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by purpleredswirls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not a dark blue at all and is not pigmented. I'm having trouble figuring out how to wear a medium blue like this because it isn't dark enough for the crease or as a defining liner. Plus I couldn't imagine wearing such a light-medium blue all over my lid.

I got this for free with some coupons but I would not repurchase. It is not something I am going to wear often until I found a way to wear it. Which is probably why I only have 3 blues in my collection total and only this was a single.

BUT if you like the colour...
You get a lot of product for a cheap price. You could get it to last all day with an eye lid primer. It is a satin/shimmery finish. Minus the ever tacky Cover Girl Packaging [I know they have updated it with some of their newer eye shadow quads but a lot are still the old packaging], it is an okay product. Go for it if the colour is your thing and you don't mind working just a little to get the product to really show and last.

My ratings are based on my personal views on the product working for me so that is why I am giving it a 3/5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure about this one. It's a lovely color with plenty of pigment, easy enough to apply. I think perhaps it just doesn't work that well with my personal tastes. I balk a bit at the sight of myself with blue eye shadow, I just thought I'd give it a try. Oh well. I'm sure it looks perfectly good on many others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by beachydolphin

Nice color, can give a night look an edge, without looking dated. Would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This is a stunner on as well as the Aqua Paradise and Indigo Impact. The color lasts all day and then some, I have gotten so many compliments when I wear any one of these beautiful colors. I use the shadows as eyeliner and they are so inexpensive and of such good quality which is better than some high end dept. store brands I have used. Awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This color caught my eye on the display rack.

It looks like a unique silvery dark cobalt in the pan so I was sold, but once I swatched it on my hand it was a sheer wash of sprakly grey blue.

In order to get a good coloring like in the pan I had to really dig into the pan and layer about 3 swipes on my skin. I think this would work with a silver or black shadow stick like NYX eyeshadow pencils or a darker creamy base. I would really like to make this shadow work somewhow because it is a very nice unique drak blue.

Packaging is practical but not cute. The sponge applicator does not help much with application since it seems to hold a lot of color but not much for depositing.

I will not buy this again unless the formulation changes one day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by estle

This is a beautiful color. It goes on more sheerer than I would like, but I still love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this eyeshadow. it's a dark, sparkly cobalt blue that is pretty sheer, but quite dramatic when layered over other colors, and what it lacks in pigment, it makes up for in shimmer. because it lacks pigment, it doesn't have much staying power, but that doesn't bother me. i use it as a liner and i let it wear over time to become a hazy soft blue shimmer. if you want an opaque, strong blue, then this color isn't for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to wear this eyeshadow everday for two years straight when I was younger... I don't do this anymore, but I love having this because it's probably the best colour on me, and I like to relive my childhood every once in a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by themisanthrope

This was an inpulse buy, but I did like it better than shimmering onyx, It is a nice shade of blue, but it doesn't last, and blue isn't really my thing. It goes on sloppy, and takes work to blend. It kind of looks more like a stain, then eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bablondie32

I love CG eyeshadows, they're the best for d/s prices. This is awesome, I like to pair it up with a whitish/silvery color and then add a sparkle liner and It's a very dramatic look. It's highly pigmented...so blend, blend blend! Love it. I probably wouldn't have bought it but I love sparkles.