July 24, 2014 | 2133 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy grail lip balm. I have tried many many lip balms and this has got to be my favourite. I have dry lips and wear lipsticks all the time. This lip balm is sooo moisturizing and it softens your lips. It also has an spf which is a bonus. The best thing about this lip balm is that it smells bloody amazing. It smells sweet and cocoa-ey:) love.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Dahnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this lip balm years ago and at first it worked fine. After about a week or two, I developed an allergy to it. It made my lips very itchy and I broke out in a very fine rash. Recently, I saw that there was a new line of Palmers lip balm in different scents. I decided (against my better judgement) to try the cherry and dark chocolate tinted balm. The color was nice but it had a grainy texture to it and it made my lips itch almost immediately after using it. I promptly threw it in the bin. I would NEVER buy another Palmers lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sharonsevea

Omg what an absolutely horrible lip balm. Bought this thinking it will be the best since it is cocoa butter and thats suppose to really moisturise but boy was I wrong. It just sat on my lips did little to moisturise and made them flaky...ewwww will never buy again. This has gone into the bin. Go for carmex or burt bees instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by HallieRae123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually really like cocoa butter formula range but the lip balm is one of the worst I have tried. I normally have quite full healthy lips but the cocoa butter formula lip dried out my lips and they became chapped. After applying the lip balm it becomes grainy. It doesn't moisture or hydrate it simple just sits on your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by omgthatgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is quite good. It's cheap, it has spf, it smells delicious. It initially feels nice on the lips, but after a while it starts to feel a bit grainy, which is not pleasant. The packaging is decent, and the balm is quite moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by CupcakeLipsxox

I love this so much. This is perfect for me, as I already have soft lips, this product maintains the moisture very well. But, my mum tried this and she has flaky lips, she found it to sooth the feeling but not restore the moisture. I guess this is great for maintaining but not restoring.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Hdrgvedztx

I thought that Palmer's products were amazing, because they base their products on cocoa butter and that jazz. This was my first Palmer's product, sadly, one of the worst lip balms I've ever placed on my lips. My lips are fairly plump and healthy ( coming from a guy ) I don't think that this lip balm even performs one of the most basic necessities that a lip balm should do. That is moisturise and prevent moisture loss. My healthy smooth lips quickly degraded into a flaky and dry mess. Oh the regret...

I didn't experience any particular tingling or whatnot. There was only a strong cocoa smell; that's how i'd describe it. I don't dig the scent, however sometimes you can't have everything you want. The smell isn't that unpleasant but like I said I personally don't like the chocolate or cocoa butter scent. I used it overnight and in the morning it was all G but then after several applications the terror of flaky lips reigned u pon. So i went back to my trusty Chap Stick.

Sorry, this time the Cons outnumber the Pros !

Pros :
- Cocoa buttery, chocolate scent, vanilla ?
- Matte finish ( Doesn't contain the generic petrolatum ingredient which is what attributes towards the product's glossy and lubricative application/ appearance )
- Travel Friendly : )
- SPF15+ ( Doesn't leave a white cast or any similar residue )
- A different type of lip balm that has a more of a solid consistency and requires you to warm up the product pre-application. It glides on very smoothly like a normal lip balm however the pre-warming thing just annoys me.

Cons :
- Inefficient moisturising ability ( flakiness remains! )
- Strong odour ( dependant entirely on your preferences )
- Waxy and thick consistency
- Difficult to apply to lips as it's pretty solid ( in the sense that it requires you to warm the product with your lips before applying or allow it to absorb moisture from the atmosphere )
- Does not prevent moisture loss or future flakiness
- Requires frequent reapplication ( For whatever reason, if you're one of those individuals that love to continuously apply and reapply balms or whatever, to your lips, then this is the product for you ! Note that this product will not moisturise if at all, it might even make your situation worse from personal experience. However as you know everyone is quite different from each other in various aspects and as some products may not work for me, they may work for you ! GL )

I really think that this was a disappointing purchase, perhaps because I had set my expectations towards Palmer's product so high up there. All in all, this was a regret and I will not re purchase as it could not perform those basic functions of a lip balm.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Ralooq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Felt itchy on me too ! Disappointed because I've heard great things about this brand. I'll try to use it for my cuticles.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to buy one of the these lip balms as I am a major cocoa butter junkie and Palmers has its own little collection on my shelf. For under £2, I thought I was getting a bargain. But unfortunately not...

Packaging was fine, the balm moves upwards by a swivel stick which was fine. The formula wasn't moisturising at all though, it felt dry on my lips and a few minutes after applying it my lips were really tingly and almost itchy, it irritated me; I thought maybe I had a minor allergic reaction to it.

It was such a shame as I was really hoping to love this lip balm, I didn't want to feel Palmers had let me down! But, I had to accept facts and this lip balm hasn't seen the light of day in over six months. I did pick up a Dark Chocolate and Peppermint balm also by Palmers a few weeks later however, and loved it :D you win some, you lose some!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

Probably onto my third tube already. One of the few lip balms which I like to have around. It's one of those rare ones that are leaning more towards the 'dry' type of lip balm formulas that actually moisturises my lips when I dont wanna have a glossy sheen on them. The stick packaging makes application so easy and easy to bring [this is always in my makeup pouch] It's not overly greasy, not oily and just overall a nice lip balm to keep around. Will definitely keep using this and recommend them to those who may like a more 'dry' yet moisturising lip balm!