Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

3.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7,5%, Oxibenzone 4,5%, Dimeticone 1,5% OTHER INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Coppernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Beta Carotene (Cl 40800), Isopropyl Myristate.

on 3/14/2015 8:52:00 AM

I've heard a lot about Palmer's Cocoa Lip Balm from everywhere and decided to give it a try. Guess what? Just 10 minutes after the first application, my mouth started to burn and the sensation of the itchiness around my lips turned into a rash, and you could feel the bump too.

The product wasn't even moisturizing. 5 minutes after the application and it already felt like there was nothing on my lips at all! Even right now, my lips hurt and itches. I would definitely not buy this product again even if I ran out of lip balm. This is just too disappointing.

on 3/1/2015 3:40:00 PM

I liked the thinner, easier to absorb texture of this, but omg the BURN! If you have chapped lips, this balm only irritates them further. When my lips are not cracked, it makes a decent base for lipstick, but I'm hesitant to use something that burns this badly. Also while the oval shape of the tube is cool, the balm didn't really roll down well and the wrapper got messy easily. Glad I used this up, but will never purchase again.

on 2/12/2015 7:18:00 AM

A good solid lip balm but not ~incredible~. However, I love it using under lipstick! My lips tend to dry out quickly when I'm wearing lipstick but this is the perfect consistency (almost waxy, not thick and sticky) for keeping them moisturised and helping my lip product go on evenly.

I find I go through it quite quickly, but for 1.79 and SPF15 you can't really complain

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Due to me living in a very cold climate, I have used many, MANY lip balms, and I've got to say that this is in my top... 3-5
Interesting oval shape, good and moisturizing. Good for very cold and dry weather.

However, when left in a heated place, it melts quickly and when left unused for a couple of days it gets a slight bit gritty and hard.

Would I buy it again?

I, like so many others here, developed an allergy to this product after about a week of use. It started as a slight tingle and within a few more applications advanced to an itch and redness. I liked the smell and non-sticky texture, and thought at first that I'd found my HG blam, but there is clearly a problematic ingredient in it. Never have I seen so many allergy complaints for a single product on MUA, and I wish I'd come here before buying it. I'll avoid Palmer's products from here on out.

on 8/7/2014 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I think that for a lot of people this would be a decent lip balm. If you want something slightly more moisturizing for chapstick and your lips aren't extremely dry this would probably work very well for you. Now on to my grievances with this product:

-I have bad allergies so while this felt very slick on my lips it didn't do much in terms of moisturization
-The main ingredient in this is NOT cocoa butter. It's Dimethicone, a silicone which is used as an emollient in a lot of products, That's fantastic for some people but horrible for me as it caused itching and cystic acne around my mouth.

I would just be very careful with this product. I've seen other reviewers report itching and burning as well so just check the ingredients label before purchase. I usually am very vigilant about checking the ingredients before purchase since I have such sensitive skin but this time I didn't.

If you have decent to moderately dry lips and you are not sensitive to silicones or oils this would probably work well for you otherwise avoid at all costs.

on 7/29/2014 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only product I will use on my lips. It makes my lips feel and look so soft and it doesn't leave my lips greasy looking like most other lip balms. My friends constantly joke with me about why I am always putting on lip balm, but hey I'm the only one who never has chapped lips. Also the fact that this lip balm has SPF makes it even more appealing because our skin especially that on our face is so important and even when you aren't in the sun you need to protect your skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!!!

on 7/27/2014 12:15:00 AM

I love this product, I found after applying some everyday after a couple of days I had really soft pinker lips that looked a little bigger I now don't have to worry about lip glosses or sticks anymore

on 6/17/2014 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail lip balm. I have tried many many lip balms and this has got to be my favourite. I have dry lips and wear lipsticks all the time. This lip balm is sooo moisturizing and it softens your lips. It also has an spf which is a bonus. The best thing about this lip balm is that it smells bloody amazing. It smells sweet and cocoa-ey:) love.

on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this lip balm years ago and at first it worked fine. After about a week or two, I developed an allergy to it. It made my lips very itchy and I broke out in a very fine rash. Recently, I saw that there was a new line of Palmers lip balm in different scents. I decided (against my better judgement) to try the cherry and dark chocolate tinted balm. The color was nice but it had a grainy texture to it and it made my lips itch almost immediately after using it. I promptly threw it in the bin. I would NEVER buy another Palmers lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments