December 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by librarykrystal

I, like so many others here, developed an allergy to this product after about a week of use. It started as a slight tingle and within a few more applications advanced to an itch and redness. I liked the smell and non-sticky texture, and thought at first that I'd found my HG blam, but there is clearly a problematic ingredient in it. Never have I seen so many allergy complaints for a single product on MUA, and I wish I'd come here before buying it. I'll avoid Palmer's products from here on out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think that for a lot of people this would be a decent lip balm. If you want something slightly more moisturizing for chapstick and your lips aren't extremely dry this would probably work very well for you. Now on to my grievances with this product:

-I have bad allergies so while this felt very slick on my lips it didn't do much in terms of moisturization
-The main ingredient in this is NOT cocoa butter. It's Dimethicone, a silicone which is used as an emollient in a lot of products, That's fantastic for some people but horrible for me as it caused itching and cystic acne around my mouth.

I would just be very careful with this product. I've seen other reviewers report itching and burning as well so just check the ingredients label before purchase. I usually am very vigilant about checking the ingredients before purchase since I have such sensitive skin but this time I didn't.

If you have decent to moderately dry lips and you are not sensitive to silicones or oils this would probably work well for you otherwise avoid at all costs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by robertaluvs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product I will use on my lips. It makes my lips feel and look so soft and it doesn't leave my lips greasy looking like most other lip balms. My friends constantly joke with me about why I am always putting on lip balm, but hey I'm the only one who never has chapped lips. Also the fact that this lip balm has SPF makes it even more appealing because our skin especially that on our face is so important and even when you aren't in the sun you need to protect your skin. LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by br11higgs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, I found after applying some everyday after a couple of days I had really soft pinker lips that looked a little bigger I now don't have to worry about lip glosses or sticks anymore

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy grail lip balm. I have tried many many lip balms and this has got to be my favourite. I have dry lips and wear lipsticks all the time. This lip balm is sooo moisturizing and it softens your lips. It also has an spf which is a bonus. The best thing about this lip balm is that it smells bloody amazing. It smells sweet and cocoa-ey:) love.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Dahnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this lip balm years ago and at first it worked fine. After about a week or two, I developed an allergy to it. It made my lips very itchy and I broke out in a very fine rash. Recently, I saw that there was a new line of Palmers lip balm in different scents. I decided (against my better judgement) to try the cherry and dark chocolate tinted balm. The color was nice but it had a grainy texture to it and it made my lips itch almost immediately after using it. I promptly threw it in the bin. I would NEVER buy another Palmers lip balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by sharonsevea

Omg what an absolutely horrible lip balm. Bought this thinking it will be the best since it is cocoa butter and thats suppose to really moisturise but boy was I wrong. It just sat on my lips did little to moisturise and made them flaky...ewwww will never buy again. This has gone into the bin. Go for carmex or burt bees instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by HallieRae123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually really like cocoa butter formula range but the lip balm is one of the worst I have tried. I normally have quite full healthy lips but the cocoa butter formula lip dried out my lips and they became chapped. After applying the lip balm it becomes grainy. It doesn't moisture or hydrate it simple just sits on your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by omgthatgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is quite good. It's cheap, it has spf, it smells delicious. It initially feels nice on the lips, but after a while it starts to feel a bit grainy, which is not pleasant. The packaging is decent, and the balm is quite moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by CupcakeLipsxox

I love this so much. This is perfect for me, as I already have soft lips, this product maintains the moisture very well. But, my mum tried this and she has flaky lips, she found it to sooth the feeling but not restore the moisture. I guess this is great for maintaining but not restoring.