Scarlett Cosmetics - Chroma

on 4/25/2009 12:45:00 AM

I've been using Chroma for years. It's a fantastic pressed highlighting powder that really enhances and amplifies bone structure and gives a buildable glow. I've been disappointed with other highlighting powders and creams that are too intense, especially for daytime wear, which is why I always return to Chroma.

I sweep it over my cheekbones and up to my temples with my Scarlett contour brush, and use a medium eyeshadow brush to bring out my eyelids and brow bones.

As you work your way through a pot, you'll find that the texture becomes grainy, but I've found this to have no effect on the ease of application, nor on the results. As far as packaging, my pans have come attractively wrapped in paper with a wax seal, but the pan itself is pretty plain, with a plastic lid. A more sturdy container would be nice, but it isn't really an issue for me.

Overall, this is a great highlighting powder. It's not quite HG material, but it's close.

on 12/6/2003 12:01:00 PM

This is a great pick-me up powder. It's great to brush on your cheeks, nose and chin to get a little shimmer. Really gives your skin a glow. Scarlett reccommends brushing it above your cleavage, which I'll do if I'm wearing a low-cut blouse. It's practically my staple now for going out. And the current packaging is so cute--shaped like a $20 casino coin. Love it!

on 10/25/2003 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My mom bought this from QVC with the dice lipstick, and I used some the other day, and I absolutely love it! Its got this pink shimmery look to it that really brightens up the skin. Perfect as a highlighter! Im definitely going to buy this product! I looked online, and seen that it was 21 bucks, if its 14...thats even better!

on 3/5/2003 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Chroma is a pinky-peachy-bronzy shimmer powder that you can use on your face and body. I bought it in the dead of winter to give my dull, lifeless looking skin a boost until the Spring comes.

It's a pressed powder and I applied it on the apples of my cheeks, the tip of my nose and my forehead. It gave me a nice glow without making me look glittery.

I don't wear this that often because I feel kind of funny going to work looking all shimmery, but it's definitely good for after work or going on vacation. It costs $14 and you can get it on the Scarlett Cosmetics website: continued >>