October 23, 2014 | 2199 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Great Wear Budgeproof Eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by maleamorris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Would not go onto my eye lid. Maybe I got a bad or old batch. All I got was red and almost tender lashline from trying to apply. I even heated the tip (briefly) with a lighter (I learned to do make-up in the 80's. EVERY girl in my school lit their liner for smooth, thick lines). Beautiful color, Deep Plum. Cap craked easily when i dropped the liner. And the sharpener fell out. If it works good for you great! Me- no go!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MelissaNZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**This is for the colour espresso.

This is really budge proof, it stays on and doesn't move at all.

But its just a hard texture and hassle to kind of put on.

When you apply it, if you move from side to side, the eyeliner..comes of layer by layer and just clumps onto the side of the eyeliner..like rolls of balls.

I don't know if it was just mine, but because of this, i'm not really into it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 7:29:00 AM More reviews by CrystalBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It started off ok, but after a couple of weeks...it kinda dried out and started 'dragging' across my eyes. Rubbish!! It'll come in handy for doing the crosswords in the newspaper though :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommendation of a girl who had beautiful sultry eyes - the kind of dark kohl-rimmed eyes that I covet! I asked her what she used and she said this. Well, it did NOT give me the same effect! I found this pencil hard to use - it seemed dry and tugged at my lids when I tried to apply it. Also, I bought the waterproof version since I wanted to line inside my lash line and not have it run or fade. Somehow, that girl accomplished it, but I could not mimic it. So this was not the liner for me...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

So I bought this 2 years ago and maybe used it for 2 weeks. Why? Well it sucked, but that wasn't the reason - it BROKE. I know there's a ton of product still in there but this is one of the twist-up liners and one day it refused to come out anymore.

I bought this in 02 Cinnabar because they were out of black, and it works as a decent, soft brown crayon (wouldn't call it pencil) liner.

However the "budge proof" and "waterproof" claims that convinced me to buy this in the first place are marketing LIES, this smudges just as much as my other liners, and the worst part? It's waterproof when it WANTS to be, so it's a bitch to remove the smudges during the day (don't have makeup remover on me all the time).

Total rubbish and a waste of $12 AUD, or however much it cost. I have since found my HG eyeliner - Prestige Total Intensity, it lasts 6 hours on the waterline and costs $15.

- - -
PRICE [3] $12 AUD | PACKAGING [1] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by nzf

On my oily eyelids and deep-set eyes, this product didn't stand a chance. I'm constantly using up tons of different eyeliners...each one has a day in my greasy life to prove itself worthy. This one didn't. After a few hours it was all over the place and I looked like a mess. I shouldn't have wasted the money, but its "budge-proof" claims reeled me in. I paid the price for being a sucker.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes21

I really didn't like this eyeliner at all. Target was all out of Revlon's Color Stay eyeliner in black so I thought I'd give this a go and wow it's just awful. It's very hard and not smudgy/soft like other eyeliners. I felt as if I were dragging a color pencil over my eyes - ouch! And not only did it hurt to put it on, but it was tough to smudge afterwards as well. I'm totally unimpressed - this is the worst eyeliner I've ever tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sea157

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was decent enough for a drugstore eyeliner but kept smudging under my eyes. Ok in general but didn't like the automatic pencil thing and lasting power.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by halfxhearts

I bought this eyeliner in the 99 cents store, and was suprised at how well it worked. I took a shower with this eyeliner on, and it barely smeared...I recommend this to all of you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Overall, this is a good eyeliner. It really is budge-proof and doesn't smear or fade on me at all (though I'm not prone to that in the first place). It is a big hard to blend, though. You have to smudge it right away or it'll look too harsh. I have this in Black and it is a true black color, not dark grey, and looks great dotted between my lashes and smudged a bit. I took a lippie off because it's an automatic pencil and I don't like them on principal, but besides that, this is nice, inexpensive liner.

ETA: Oh dear, I think this has been smudging a little (just a little) beneath my eyes and I've been blaming the mascara. I think I'll stick to my Jordana Color Xtend w/p eyeliner in Blackout (highly recommended!)