MAC Lipliner in Spice

3.7

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MAC have an amazing variety of lipliners and the shade "Spice" is my absolute favorite. It looks really good with the Shanghai Spice and Honeylove lipsticks too. The shade is a warm reddish brown, and give a rich and smooth coverage if you have moisturized and peeled lips (which you always should before applying lipliners).

The price is decent and I always think the MAC pencils are quite long and easy to use. But like many lipliners you have to use a pencil sharpener and you tend to lose some of the product in the process to get that extremely pointy end.
The liner is not waterproof either so if you are out and about you should keep the liner in your bag to re-apply some (if you drink and/or eat).

I really recommend this liner, it's everything I expect from a lipliner and the color is just the perfect dark natural one. And you can use it to get a really outstanding classic 90's lip.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

pros:
- extremely natural appearance
- lipliners lend themselves to easy/precise applications
- extremely pigmented. I'm indian and have two-toned lips. My top lip is completely brown and this covered it up with ease.
con:
- needs to be reapplied after a few hours
- transfers if eating/drinking
- accentuates dry lips

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this colour great for everyday use, I like to use this all over lips with lipbalm and the colour lasts all day.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I always use this lip pencil with EVERYTHING.... it literally goes with everything. I usually line my lips then fill in with this, then apply lippy on top. it's a nude dark neutral shade, it goes with pinks, reds, mauves, beiges - never looks out of place and lasts ages. Great value as its a very loong pencil :-) and sharpens great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I bought this in my adult makeup-wearing life, but I'm sure I went through forty of these pencils. I wore MAC Spice every day for years with every lipstick color except for true reds. It was my nude of choice and still a favorite. I even used it when I did makeup for actors. The only complaints I remember were from people with strong yellow undertones who felt it was too orange on them. Most people do not have this complaint. I have pretty neutral skin (both pink and yellow, really a mix of warm and cool tones in my skin) and I was able to wear MAC Spice with almost everything. My only beef with it was having to constantly sharpen it.

Then for a few years, because I traveled so much, I got tired of finding wooden shavings in my suitcase and purse, despite the fact that I always bought sharpeners with lids. I retreated into a retractable lip pencil phase and bought the MAC Cremestick liners in various shades before MAC phased them out. I returned to MAC Spice like an old, dear friend from high school I hadn't seen for a while.

Then, I met Charlotte Tilbury's Pillowtalk. I didn't think I could find a liner that I would love more than Spice until I met Pillowtalk. Pillowtalk matches my lips even better, incorporating pink, peach, and nude in a way that no liner had other done before. And one day it whispered to me, "Charlotte Tilbury doesn't test on animals." So now Pillowtalk is 100% my favorite lip liner. Unfortunately I have to sharpen Pillowtalk, too. However, I will always have fond memories of MAC Spice. It was with me through many lipsticks and many kisses. I sigh with nostalgia and affection, and will buy again if MAC stops animal testing. Great nude color.

The good thing about this color is that it suits most skin tones. It no wonder it`s still the world best seller for over 10 years!. Now that says a lot! For me if i had to pick 1 nude color pencil. This would be it.This would accompany me for my travels. It looks mid tone brown on me and goes well with most nude lipsticks/glosses. On its own, it`s a whole new level altogether! Filling in my entire lips, the effect is pure nude matte and the fine lines on my lips seem to disappear. Its seamless. The lead glides effortlessly....The color is stunning!!!! I'm into my 2nd pencil and its not gonna be my last! This goes well with simple, everyday makeup & smokey eye. Highly recommend.

Tip:Fill in the entire lip with spice and outline with Mac`s Whirl lip liner. Its super gorg. Do the Kylie thing!!! You`ll lov' it i tell ya!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the latest addition I've added to my ever expanding MAC lip liner collection. Safe to say this one didn't disappoint!

It's a great nudey-brown that goes perfectly with Velvet Teddy! As always, I love the way the MAC lip pencils apply onto the lips - really defined yet easy to blend. I find I can wear this for work through the day, but it's also easily transformed to be wearable on an evening.

I'm pretty sure I'll be repurchasing when I run out!

I bought this on a whim after messing around in the MAC store. A very rich red-brown with some purple tones. If it was a tad darker it would've been too reminiscent of the 90s. A great update from a pinky-nude MLBB without being too dramatic/in your face. Applies smoothly and doesn't feel too drying on the lips. It can accentuates some flakes so I would recommend exfoliating or just a quick wipe on a towel before applying. Lasts a fairly long time without eating or drinking but fades well when you do. I tried not to fall for the Kylie Jenner lip trend but her makeup artist definitely knows what she/he is doing. Also looks great with some clear gloss or Carmex on top but will lose the purple pigments and show up as a lighter red brown.

I love MAC lip liners! This was my first one, bought it close to 20 years ago and the color never gets old! Lip liner is a MUST for me as my lips are thin and somewhat down turned so I need to correct the shape with a liner and MAC liners have such a wonderful consistency you don't mind drawing beyond your natural lip line with them. I've never experienced a break out from having this in my skin, and they are awesome as lip color in lieu of lipstick as well. Spice is a great neutral color in a medium shade that is quite versatile, working on so many skin tones. I like the minimal look in summer that this gives against my tan and the stronger but still natural look this gives in winter against paler skin. These pencils last forever too. I think I buy others out of sheer boredom rather than because I run out. Plus there are so many great shades to choose from. The thing I like most about MAC liners is the ease of application. They are not dry, do not pull or tug at your lips and yet aren't too creamy that they wear off quickly. It's a great product with a wide selection of colors, basically there is something for everyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was late into the whole Kylie Jenner lips thing but still gave it a go! Haha. We did not have the shade Whirl at our local MAC store so the makeup artist made me try Spice. I liked how pigmented it is, and by using it for lining and filling the lips, it made my lips look fuller without drying it, so I bought a piece.

After the purchase, I realized it was tad bit dark on its own and I can't seem to find a lipstick that matches so it found its way to my storage; up until I bought NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra--- together they made a great work and after-work appropriate lips that's full and attractive without being overtly so.

Popular Lip Liners