MAC Lipliner in Spice

3.7

on 3/30/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

With the current rage that is the Kylie Jenner overdrawn lip, I will confess that I too have been enticed to see what all the fuss is about. After watching numerous youtube tutorials and reading about what it is that Kylie actually uses, it became clear that MAC Whirl and Soar lip pencils were at the top of the list. But, after my mini expedition of searching all major makeup retailers both online and instore they were out of stock everywhere, So, naturally I wanted to find the next best alternative and bought Spice. This is more pinkier that the other two but nonetheless still a nude. If used on its own all over the lip it looks beautiful. My NC44 skin tone does mean I am restricted with certain lip colours however, if pair it with velvet teddy or taupe its the ultimate kylie lip. The only downside is the hefty pricetag of 12.50. As far a dupe is concerned, the rimmel exaggerate lip liner in 045 Epic is a twin! Perfect dupe and only a fraction on the price at 2.99!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

On me Spice is a light pinky, beige shade that has no brown in it. It's a very nude shade that evens out my mauvey lip tone. I was looking for a brown slightly lighter than cork; however, this one did not give me any brown hues. Pretty lip liner shade, but it's not what I expected. Not a repurchase for me.

on 12/31/2014 5:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip liner! I love MAC lip liners in general but this color is perfect for me. I have another one in the color Mahogany which compliments Spice nicely, too. I use Spice on a daily basis, alone, without lip gloss or lip stick. Its staying power is impressive considering I only need to reapply every 10 hours or so. Even after lunch or dinner the lip liner stays on! This is partly because a lip liner's longevity surpasses that of most lip sticks and lip glosses, but nonetheless I am still impressed. Spice definitely lives up to its name in my opinion because the first thing that comes to mind is cinnamon. I think this color is perfect to wear casually or to "spice" up your look for a night out! I highly recommend it!!!

on 12/24/2014 7:31:00 AM

Firstly, E.L.F has an almost exact dupe for this with the lip shape and define pencil in nude. The elf one is just a touch lighter and perhaps a fraction pinker (which I actually prefer). Spice is just slightly darker than my own lips so I use it very lightly to add a little definition to them. The texture is just right for getting a defined line, whereas the elf one takes a little more work since it has a thick tip. I like this and I'm glad I have it, but I'll probably repurchase the elf one first.

on 11/9/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This colour is so beautiful, it suits every skin tone. I have been looking for the perfect neutral shade and this is it.

on 10/11/2014 7:57:00 PM

I love this lip liner. It is the perfect neutral shade on me, not too brown (which can look grey), not too pink and not too orange. It's a classic.

on 7/30/2014 9:30:00 PM

This is the first Mac lip liner I have purchased and I am very impressed with how pigmented and strong the colour is! I'm not much of a lip liner girl but after watching some online makeup tutorials I decided to try 'Spice' as it is very similar to my everyday Mac lipsticks; Viva Glam II, Velvet Teddy and Taupe for evening wear. Although, because the colour is so vivid it takes a very soft application to achieve a smooth finish that blends with lipstick. It is almost a muddy brown, very neutral pink; I am biased as I love brown undertoned nudes and this is perfect to complete my collection now! As a pale girl with a cool complexion and dark hair I feel this colour compliments well but would recommend this for any lovely skin type and colour! I have not yet sharpened the pencil so I could not comment on this but unassumingly should be simple enough! Just an extra note- I ordered from their website and although it was only standard delivery, I placed the order Sunday and received items by Tuesday so was very impressed with the prompt delivery! 4* simply for the price; worth the money for quality but still slightly over priced!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My first ever purchased MAC lipliner! I used it up, moved onto other products, & now I find myself using WnW #666 or EL Spice (I like the EL coz it's an automatic pencil). Jordana makes good dupes, 666 gets the job done too on a budget, but to paraphrase/quote another MUA'er on this product review, there is some thing a bit more "special" quote unquote about MAC Spice. It's an added luxurious feel that the WnW doesn't possess, an almost magical quality plus I am a sentimental sap about this l/l coz it was my first MAC liner. MAC Subculture & Strip Down are good shades too in same family that are slightly lighter than Spice.

on 1/20/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG lip pencil, the one I use basically every day.

On me (NC25/C4/C5), it is the ultimately MLBB pinky brown. On its own, with gloss (filling in your lips), it's beautiful, and since it's so neutral, I feel like you can actually use it as a basic lip liner with many bolder colours, too.

I remember going to pick this up over a decade ago, after reading about it in so many magazines, only to find it was sold out at my local MAC counter. They sold me Whirl as another popular nude colour, but I was only ever so-so on Whirl, which I found too pink. When I eventually did purchase Spice, I was really sad that I had ever settled for the other one!

It glides on easily and it is easy to sharpen. I have tried Revlon's lipliner in Nude as a dupe, but while it is perfectly functional as a basic lipliner, it doesn't have that extra loveliness that somehow seems to come along with Spice.

on 12/30/2013 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Mac just knows how it's done. I love this lipliner ! So smooth and feels great. Lasts all day! I use this for my everyday lip. I use Spice lipliner, then sandy b lipstick & some floradescent gloss in the middle of my lips :) perfect nude lip for everyday

Popular Lip Liners