September 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Lipliner in Spice

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Catbakerxo

This is the first Mac lip liner I have purchased and I am very impressed with how pigmented and strong the colour is! I'm not much of a lip liner girl but after watching some online makeup tutorials I decided to try 'Spice' as it is very similar to my everyday Mac lipsticks; Viva Glam II, Velvet Teddy and Taupe for evening wear. Although, because the colour is so vivid it takes a very soft application to achieve a smooth finish that blends with lipstick. It is almost a muddy brown, very neutral pink; I am biased as I love brown undertoned nudes and this is perfect to complete my collection now! As a pale girl with a cool complexion and dark hair I feel this colour compliments well but would recommend this for any lovely skin type and colour! I have not yet sharpened the pencil so I could not comment on this but unassumingly should be simple enough! Just an extra note- I ordered from their website and although it was only standard delivery, I placed the order Sunday and received items by Tuesday so was very impressed with the prompt delivery! 4* simply for the price; worth the money for quality but still slightly over priced!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

My first ever purchased MAC lipliner! I used it up, moved onto other products, & now I find myself using WnW #666 or EL Spice (I like the EL coz it's an automatic pencil). Jordana makes good dupes, 666 gets the job done too on a budget, but to paraphrase/quote another MUA'er on this product review, there is some thing a bit more "special" quote unquote about MAC Spice. It's an added luxurious feel that the WnW doesn't possess, an almost magical quality plus I am a sentimental sap about this l/l coz it was my first MAC liner. MAC Subculture & Strip Down are good shades too in same family that are slightly lighter than Spice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by willowbeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip pencil, the one I use basically every day.

On me (NC25/C4/C5), it is the ultimately MLBB pinky brown. On its own, with gloss (filling in your lips), it's beautiful, and since it's so neutral, I feel like you can actually use it as a basic lip liner with many bolder colours, too.

I remember going to pick this up over a decade ago, after reading about it in so many magazines, only to find it was sold out at my local MAC counter. They sold me Whirl as another popular nude colour, but I was only ever so-so on Whirl, which I found too pink. When I eventually did purchase Spice, I was really sad that I had ever settled for the other one!

It glides on easily and it is easy to sharpen. I have tried Revlon's lipliner in Nude as a dupe, but while it is perfectly functional as a basic lipliner, it doesn't have that extra loveliness that somehow seems to come along with Spice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

Mac just knows how it's done. I love this lipliner ! So smooth and feels great. Lasts all day! I use this for my everyday lip. I use Spice lipliner, then sandy b lipstick & some floradescent gloss in the middle of my lips :) perfect nude lip for everyday

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my first lipliners - and my first one from MAC. I have never used lipliners before, I just never really thought they were necessary and I found they never made any difference with the longevity of my lipstick. I was in MAC looking for brown/natural/nude lipsticks and I was interested in the Viva Glam VI. It's a gorgeous shade - perfect for natural looks and it is very close to my natural lip color but better. The only problem is the formula is very sheer and kind of shiny so it doesn't last long at all. I wear lipgloss over my lipstick so reapplying it constantly was out of the question since it wouldn't work very well. That's when the SA recommended "spice" and he also recommended something else , I think "spice of life". I applied it and even without the lipstick on top, I loved it. It glided right on and it was very pigmented and easy to apply. I loved the color, too. It's a brownish color and it's similar to the color of my lips but a little more brown. You can apply this with a light hand or you can really layer it on for a darker color. I find that it's versatile in that sense because you can use it to warm up your nudes without overpowering them and you can use a heavier hand for more sheer lipsticks like the Viva Glam. I applied the Viva Glam VI over it and I fell in love! It's the perfect "natural" lip but it still has color and doesn't mute your lips out. I am an NC35 and it really compliments my skin tone. I finished the look with a MAC lipgloss and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to try this with my other lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by missvengeance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My go to lipliner for mlbb look. I usually wear this under bare Venus lipstick.
Has the right amount of softness and applies smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipliner is closest to my natural lip color. I pair it with peach shades of lipstick, my favorites being Ravishing and Ramblin Rose. It also pairs well with Viva Glam V and Hue.

However, there are many dupes that would do the job just as well. There's nothing super spectacular about the quality of this particular lipliner. The WnW Brandywine lipliner is close enough to do the same job on a much cheaper budget!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by lmm419

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I bought spice with the recommendation from a SA when I bought Mac Angel (which I ended up returning), as well as for my Creme d' Nude. I also wanted it for when I just want to wear a nude/pink gloss on days I want a more natural look. On my pigmented lips, this color came own pretty browny and not that pinkish/nude... I can't imagine it matching Angel with any skin tone but maybe I'm wrong. I didn't think twice about it at the store since I figured she'd know better than me but the next day when I lined my lips, I am NC20, yellow undertones, very pigmented rosy lips, this just came out brown on me. I ended up returning it for Dervish which was recommended to me by another SA who said it would be better suited for my deep pink pigmented lips and she was right. It pretty much matches my lips exactly.

Spice is a beautiful color, don't get me wrong, just wasn't for my lips or the look I was going for. I might buy it again for a fall/winter look if I buy a lipstick that would require that color liner on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ithinklikeme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok, so, I get why this is a popular, versatile color on a lot of ppl. What I don't get are all the ppl claiming it's too "orangey," b/c for me, this has too much blue in it. It is a cool leaning neutral. I have very fair, warm toned skin, w/red hair, & this color makes my very pigmented lips look like someone coated them with dirt or ashes. Not necessarily a bad color, but definitely not for me. Subculture is almost my exact natural lip color, maybe a tad lighter, & it's my version of nude.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to lipliner.
I absolutely love this. I saw this on youtube (pixiwoo), they used this to get a 90's vanessa paradis lip. I love these kind of lips, so I bought it. I pair it with velvet teddy, siss or taupe. Very very nice!