MAC Lipliner in Spice

3.7

on 8/26/2015 7:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the latest addition I've added to my ever expanding MAC lip liner collection. Safe to say this one didn't disappoint!

It's a great nudey-brown that goes perfectly with Velvet Teddy! As always, I love the way the MAC lip pencils apply onto the lips - really defined yet easy to blend. I find I can wear this for work through the day, but it's also easily transformed to be wearable on an evening.

I'm pretty sure I'll be repurchasing when I run out!

on 8/9/2015 8:37:00 PM

I bought this on a whim after messing around in the MAC store. A very rich red-brown with some purple tones. If it was a tad darker it would've been too reminiscent of the 90s. A great update from a pinky-nude MLBB without being too dramatic/in your face. Applies smoothly and doesn't feel too drying on the lips. It can accentuates some flakes so I would recommend exfoliating or just a quick wipe on a towel before applying. Lasts a fairly long time without eating or drinking but fades well when you do. I tried not to fall for the Kylie Jenner lip trend but her makeup artist definitely knows what she/he is doing. Also looks great with some clear gloss or Carmex on top but will lose the purple pigments and show up as a lighter red brown.

on 8/5/2015 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love MAC lip liners! This was my first one, bought it close to 20 years ago and the color never gets old! Lip liner is a MUST for me as my lips are thin and somewhat down turned so I need to correct the shape with a liner and MAC liners have such a wonderful consistency you don't mind drawing beyond your natural lip line with them. I've never experienced a break out from having this in my skin, and they are awesome as lip color in lieu of lipstick as well. Spice is a great neutral color in a medium shade that is quite versatile, working on so many skin tones. I like the minimal look in summer that this gives against my tan and the stronger but still natural look this gives in winter against paler skin. These pencils last forever too. I think I buy others out of sheer boredom rather than because I run out. Plus there are so many great shades to choose from. The thing I like most about MAC liners is the ease of application. They are not dry, do not pull or tug at your lips and yet aren't too creamy that they wear off quickly. It's a great product with a wide selection of colors, basically there is something for everyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was late into the whole Kylie Jenner lips thing but still gave it a go! Haha. We did not have the shade Whirl at our local MAC store so the makeup artist made me try Spice. I liked how pigmented it is, and by using it for lining and filling the lips, it made my lips look fuller without drying it, so I bought a piece.

After the purchase, I realized it was tad bit dark on its own and I can't seem to find a lipstick that matches so it found its way to my storage; up until I bought NYX Matte Lipstick in Sierra--- together they made a great work and after-work appropriate lips that's full and attractive without being overtly so.

on 7/23/2015 7:35:00 PM

This lipliner is the bomb!! Initially i bought it because everyone was raving about it and every since the first time i used it i fell in love with it! Its not too nude but it doesnt look too dramatic either just perfect, goes great with any eye look. I almost sharpened it all out so when i use it up i will def be buying it again. For some reason people in my city aren't too much into makeup so MAC stores here are pretty much always stocked up on all the popular makeup items they had over 20 spice lipliners the last time i was there !!

on 7/10/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Been contemplating LIP INJECTIONS, I CHANGED MY MIND, THANKS MAC SPICE!!!

Seriously this lip liner makes my lip look so full, its unbelievable, wish I could post before and after pics! I have a rather small mouth and not so charming lips and always wanted to get lip injections like Kylie Jenner. However, I thought: Lip injections are FAKE, it's fillers in your lips, and it's just trashy!) So I decided to stick with my small lips. Until I discovered spice, I decided to use it and holy cow it's TRANSFORMED my look. My lips look twice the size just only slightly overlining my lips. Oh, and it takes seconds too. Even better it's idiot proof as well.

My best friend met me and she noticed my lips right away! She thought I did something to them. I told her it was this lipliner and said she wanted to buy it too.

Will buy forever! I'm truly glad I didn't get my lips injected.

on 5/26/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My #1 fav lipliner. I use this everyday. Not too brown, not orange, no pink, no red. Perfect 'cinnamon' like color. Def try this out for a nude lip!

on 5/18/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

By FAR my favourite lip liner EVER!
It compliments my yellow undertone skin! Im veryyy lightly tanned and it suits me on an everyday basis or when am tanned.
I top it off with MAC Taupe.

They go amazingly together, highly highly recommend this lip liner for warm tones!!

A**

on 4/22/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Favourite lip liner ever. Nice colour pay off, doesn't drag or pull the skin. Long lasting. This is a warmer tone that say Whirl, thats more cool toned and pink/purple. Recommend this!

on 3/30/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

With the current rage that is the Kylie Jenner overdrawn lip, I will confess that I too have been enticed to see what all the fuss is about. After watching numerous youtube tutorials and reading about what it is that Kylie actually uses, it became clear that MAC Whirl and Soar lip pencils were at the top of the list. But, after my mini expedition of searching all major makeup retailers both online and instore they were out of stock everywhere, So, naturally I wanted to find the next best alternative and bought Spice. This is more pinkier that the other two but nonetheless still a nude. If used on its own all over the lip it looks beautiful. My NC44 skin tone does mean I am restricted with certain lip colours however, if pair it with velvet teddy or taupe its the ultimate kylie lip. The only downside is the hefty pricetag of 12.50. As far a dupe is concerned, the rimmel exaggerate lip liner in 045 Epic is a twin! Perfect dupe and only a fraction on the price at 2.99!!

Popular Lip Liners