Rusk Sensories Calm 60 second Conditioner

3.7

on 10/15/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I liked this better than the shampoo. It was only $1.29 for 33 oz at CVS so I picked it up. It smoothed and softened my long coarse hair and smells like candy.

on 7/16/2010 6:10:00 PM

This is completely an HG for me.

Let me get my hair description out of the way. I have very straight, fine hair but a medium volume of it. My hair ranges anywhere from an inch or two below my shoulders to half way down my back. I'm not in any way a hair virgin - I've dyed my hair, had highlights, relaxed it, etc.

With all that being said, I LOVE this conditioner! Yes, it's runnier compared most other conditioners, but the viscosity actually works in favor with my hair. Because my hair is fairly thin, a thinner formula doesn't weigh down my hair, but still keeps it nice, soft, and sleek. Rusk advertises this as CFT (compressed formula technology) meaning you can use 30-50% less product for the same effect as a regular conditioner. Also, this is a conditioner contains a lot of different proteins ( a reviewer below me posted the ingredients), so just a heads up.

As long as they keep making this, I will keep buying it. Every time I use this, my hair comes out healthy and detangled. It does everything I want in my hair conditioner. I've tried plenty of other hair conditioners, but I keep coming back to this one.

On another note, there are new smaller, curvier bottles of this stuff being sold, and I think that has a different formula because it's not runny at all but thick as most other conditioners. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that they're not changing the formula.

on 2/6/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried many shampoos and conditioners that do not work, or cause hair fall out because of their harsh ingredients. Also, many products are made to cater hair that has been processed in some way (coloring, perming, relaxing, chemicals, ect). I however, like many I people have not done any of those and therefore have virgin hair. So, thank goodness that I discovered something that does not strip my hair of its natural oils and adds health and vitality to my hair. And the smell is great. Thank you Rusk.

on 2/1/2010 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the smell, and it has lasted for months but I am noticing that halfway through the day my hair has become incredibly greasy when it's normally dry. I have even attempted to forgo the conditioner but it doesn't seem to help. Great smell but I don't think I will be buying this product again.

i love the smell of this. the conditioner does what it says and it rinses out easily plus doesnt leave my hands greasy which is always nice :). but if i use it on the top then it gives me really bad build up...but you arent supposed to use conditioner on the top anyway :). my hair turns out sleek, silky and shiny.

on 7/13/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is very watery and runny. it works well as a leave in conditioner but as a rinse conditioner um all i can say is no!

on 6/13/2009 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this conditioner! I have fine hair (an average amount) that is highlighted. The damage from highlighting makes my hair feel rough/strawlike and can tangle easily at the ends. My hair is usually chin length or a in inch or two longer. I need only a tiny amount of this conditioner and I rinse right away and my hair is tangle free and smooth. I've used this off and on for about 12 years and exclusively for the last 2 or three. A bottle lasts FOREVER. I can't recall when I bought my last one. Works great for me!

tlw

on 1/6/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this pretty cheap at Marshalls. It smells very nice but is not a good conditioner. When conditioner is in my hair, I run my fingers through it, to comb it all through. And I do the same as I am rinsing it out. Well, my fingers got tangled in my hair while rinsing, I had to use a different conditioner to get the tangles out. I will not buy thiss again.

on 10/16/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a nice product, I used it in conjunction with the Rusk Sensories Calm Shampoo. This conditioner may not be for everyone because it is a thinner conditioner and it is not greasy, thick or waxy feeling. It does have a runnier consistency, but I do find it detangles right away and leaves my hair bouncy, full and shiny and not tangled or rough, but smooth. I love how it does not weigh my hair down. I have fine, naturally wavy, color treated blonde hair that ends at the base of my neck in a bob style ATM. The smell is great - the guarana-ginger smell that smells both tropical and zesty. If your hair is extremely damaged, this may not be enough for you, but my hair isn't extremely damaged, so it works just fine. Ingredients: "Deionized water, cetyl alcohol, behenalkonium chloride, propylene glycol ceteth-3 acetate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hair keratin amino acids, hydrolyzed soy protein, ginger (zingiber officinale) extract, guarana (paullinia cupana) extract, cystine, magnesium sulfate, amodimethicone, tallowtrimonium chloride, nonoxynol-10, fragrance, neopentylglycol dicaprylate dicaprate, tricdecyl stearate, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, citric acid, sodium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone."

HG conditioner!!! I've been using this for years!!! It makes my dry, coarse hair feel instanly smooth and detangled!!! I swear by this stuff!!

Top Rated Rusk Products