Chanel Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopheral, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 3/15/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I read some many reviews about this product and everyone said that it looked good on EVERY skin color and skin type, it didn't bother the acne of acne sufferers, etc. I bought it about 4 months ago, and I wear it just about every day. The first time I wore it, a few people asked me if I had been on vacation recently because they said my skin just looked refreshed and had a touch of color, without it being so obvious that I was wearing bronzer. I love the texture, it's creamy, but goes on 'pillowy' light. I was surprised it wasn't over $50! Would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

amazing product. it really gives a nice glow and you can blend it or not to match your skin. love chanel products!

on 8/12/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I contour and highlight my face every time I go out. After learning on how to make your face two and three dimensional, the thought of not doing this and having my makeup look flat is just to much for me to handle.

I watch youtube like a lot...like full on addicted to it! I normally have a day during the week where I binge watch on all the people I am subscribed to for makeup tutorials. One of the things that I noticed is that a lot of them had Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzer for applying on top of their contouring. So off I went to The Bay in order to find this Chanel counter and buy this product.

When the sales lady showed me the product, I asked her if they had a lighter color as it seemed really dark for my skin tone. She informed me that this color was universal and every skin tone can use and benefit from it. I was a bit leery about trying something so dark on my ghostly fair pale skin that I almost walked away on the spot. However I decided to stop my stupidity and give it a shot. She allowed me to use it to contour the lines on my face and gave me a brush to blend it in with! As I applied it on my face, I realized that it went on smooth and light and not like a dark rash. It blended in prefectly and no harsh lines were visible. The base undertone is mostly grey and not orange or red which looks fake for contouring but not for bonzing. You always want to make sure to get a grey undertone bronzer for contouring.

This product truly gave me that lovely glowing suntan look just without all the UV ray damage. It didn't look dirty or to brown and a little goes a long way. I applied it with a foundation wand brush and then blended it in with their Chanel contouring brush that they recommended getting. However I have my own contouring brush at home which works just as well and did the job just as great.

You see the problem with bronzers is that if it is not formulated properly, then the color comes across as mutty and dirty. Or in some cases worse...you like a girl who fell asleep under the sun tanning bed way to long and now your fake tan looks more like "shake and burnt"!

So, if you are looking for a new cream bronzer, then I highly recommend this product due to its soft, smooth, velveting texture and blend-ability.

on 7/15/2014 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am on my 7th or 8th tub of this. This already tells you where this review is going! It is the most absolute bestest (yes that is a word now) product that exists! It gives the most perfect glow all year around and lasts allll day. I truly think Chanel has a truly cult worthy product right here. I use this with a stippling brush or the small Chanel Kabuki (but that gets more annoying to clean) and buff it in my skin. If my foundation becomes a bit too pale in the summer due to my tan no problem this baby takes care of everything as it acts like a base that I buff on top of it. During winter months my skin glows and looks super healthy due to this product. Basically an all around winner and 5 stars is not enough in my opinion. All of my girlfriends have purchased and repurchased this product after I used it on them. If ever this gets discontinued I sincerely don't even what I will do as it's in my makeup routine each and every single day. Touch ups are so easy as it does not look caked on.

I am NC30/35 and basically cannot rave enough about this product. I think any skin type would work with this, the key is practice at first to see how much you need to apply and how to buff it out well. Simply fantastic!

on 5/27/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

How I wish this came in a darker shade! It's such a wonderful product, but the color does not show at all on my skin when I have a little tan going on. I use it as a luminizer under or over my foundation mostly, and it's great for that. It's in fact a makeup base. Stays put all day and does not make me oily in any perticular way. It's a real luxury product.

This is my favourite make-up product. A must have for all bronzer fantatics. I searched everywhere for the perfect one, then I came across this in a magazine and thought I'd give it a try. If you like a more natural finish as a pose to powered finish then this product is for you. It glides on the face effortlessly and just gives a sun kissed look. It's perfect on it's own or on top of foundation. It defiantly has became my favourite must have make up product :)

on 5/18/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fist of all, this bronzer is expensive, however it is 1oz... This is like 3 times the amount of a regular powder pronzer! So you get what you pay for!

Pros:
Blendable
Creamy
Decent Price
Get a lot
Long lasting
Not orangy

Cons:
Have not used it long enough to notice any issues!

on 2/14/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

When I first bought this bronzer I thought it was the best thing ever but have quickly come to change my mind! After it is on my skin for more than 3 hours it goes an orangy colour and starts to itch. I am pretty sure it is just something in the Chanel cosmetics because I have experienced this bedore with their foundations and blushers. If you have acne prone skin too, please could you let me know if you are experiencing this? Overall it is a beautiful bronzer and smells gorgeous, but had to knock off a star due to its reaction to my skin.

on 1/14/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is such an amazing bronzer. I am in love with it. It goes super smooth and gives such a nice holiday tan look. It is just amazing. I am using small stippling brush to apply it and it looks very natural. I don't think colour is too orange. It's perfect for me and I am quite pale (MAC NC20, Giorgio Armani lasting silk 4.5). I know it's expensive but it's worth the price. It lasts forever. Some people might not like the packaging as it's quite big - not very travel friendly but this doesn't bother me really.
Overall great product!

on 10/14/2013 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After seeing all the great reviews, I became obsessed with getting my hands on it. I tried it at Nordstrom's and the makeup artist showed me how to apply it, and I am very glad he did. I use the medium sized dome synthetic brush from "It" cosmetics, you can find it on QVC.com.
And yes you definitely need to use a brush, I do love applying creams with my finger tips but with this product a brush is a necessity, I use it as a halo all around the face and under my chin and along the sides of my neck and then go in on the cheeks and forehead, it has great staying power, to the tune of all day 9-12 hours.

Popular Bronzers