July 25, 2014 | 955 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mixprints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 7th or 8th tub of this. This already tells you where this review is going! It is the most absolute bestest (yes that is a word now) product that exists! It gives the most perfect glow all year around and lasts allll day. I truly think Chanel has a truly cult worthy product right here. I use this with a stippling brush or the small Chanel Kabuki (but that gets more annoying to clean) and buff it in my skin. If my foundation becomes a bit too pale in the summer due to my tan no problem this baby takes care of everything as it acts like a base that I buff on top of it. During winter months my skin glows and looks super healthy due to this product. Basically an all around winner and 5 stars is not enough in my opinion. All of my girlfriends have purchased and repurchased this product after I used it on them. If ever this gets discontinued I sincerely don't even what I will do as it's in my makeup routine each and every single day. Touch ups are so easy as it does not look caked on.

I am NC30/35 and basically cannot rave enough about this product. I think any skin type would work with this, the key is practice at first to see how much you need to apply and how to buff it out well. Simply fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How I wish this came in a darker shade! It's such a wonderful product, but the color does not show at all on my skin when I have a little tan going on. I use it as a luminizer under or over my foundation mostly, and it's great for that. It's in fact a makeup base. Stays put all day and does not make me oily in any perticular way. It's a real luxury product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by dolliedsj1989

This is my favourite make-up product. A must have for all bronzer fantatics. I searched everywhere for the perfect one, then I came across this in a magazine and thought I'd give it a try. If you like a more natural finish as a pose to powered finish then this product is for you. It glides on the face effortlessly and just gives a sun kissed look. It's perfect on it's own or on top of foundation. It defiantly has became my favourite must have make up product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Fist of all, this bronzer is expensive, however it is 1oz... This is like 3 times the amount of a regular powder pronzer! So you get what you pay for!

Pros:
Blendable
Creamy
Decent Price
Get a lot
Long lasting
Not orangy

Cons:
Have not used it long enough to notice any issues!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this bronzer I thought it was the best thing ever but have quickly come to change my mind! After it is on my skin for more than 3 hours it goes an orangy colour and starts to itch. I am pretty sure it is just something in the Chanel cosmetics because I have experienced this bedore with their foundations and blushers. If you have acne prone skin too, please could you let me know if you are experiencing this? Overall it is a beautiful bronzer and smells gorgeous, but had to knock off a star due to its reaction to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by DomaXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is such an amazing bronzer. I am in love with it. It goes super smooth and gives such a nice holiday tan look. It is just amazing. I am using small stippling brush to apply it and it looks very natural. I don't think colour is too orange. It's perfect for me and I am quite pale (MAC NC20, Giorgio Armani lasting silk 4.5). I know it's expensive but it's worth the price. It lasts forever. Some people might not like the packaging as it's quite big - not very travel friendly but this doesn't bother me really.
Overall great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing all the great reviews, I became obsessed with getting my hands on it. I tried it at Nordstrom's and the makeup artist showed me how to apply it, and I am very glad he did. I use the medium sized dome synthetic brush from "It" cosmetics, you can find it on QVC.com.
And yes you definitely need to use a brush, I do love applying creams with my finger tips but with this product a brush is a necessity, I use it as a halo all around the face and under my chin and along the sides of my neck and then go in on the cheeks and forehead, it has great staying power, to the tune of all day 9-12 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sarraaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite product! I cant live without it. I use it every time I do my makeup. I would repurchase this a thousand times. It has an amazing formula, it is not to wet and not to dry. It gives you the nicest glow and you look sunkissed. It does have some shimmer in it if you look really close, but it doesn't show up on your face. It last all day and I can't say enough good things about it! The packaging is so nice and sleek, and really functional. I know it is pretty expensive but you really get what you pay for. Today I actually hit pan on it, and that is a sign of a loved product. Especially for a product that last forever. For everybody who loves bronzer, this is a must have in your makup collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I hesitated to buy this, because it is expensive and I was unsure how to use it. After playing around with it a couple of times I discovered that it creates a beautiful slight tanned-like look on the face, without actually having to go in the sun! I like the healthy glow it imparts, and it wore all day into the night, so it does have longevity. I use a large synthetic powder brush, run it through the product then lightly dust it everywhere the sun would hit. There are no demarcation lines like most bronzers have (expecially when one has a heavy hand as I tent to do). For evening I have used a bit of Mac Sun dipped bronzer on high planes of face to sort of "top it off". Lovely product... recommended it highly for anyone with an light olive complexion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Definitely long-wearing. The texture is creamy, but not so creamy that it melts off. The more you blend the better it looks, otherwise it can be a little streaky. It is expensive, but that amount is enough for years...
So overall I think this is quite good, but not for me, it looks orange.
Not fan of the parabens either.