April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this bronzer I thought it was the best thing ever but have quickly come to change my mind! After it is on my skin for more than 3 hours it goes an orangy colour and starts to itch. I am pretty sure it is just something in the Chanel cosmetics because I have experienced this bedore with their foundations and blushers. If you have acne prone skin too, please could you let me know if you are experiencing this? Overall it is a beautiful bronzer and smells gorgeous, but had to knock off a star due to its reaction to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by DomaXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is such an amazing bronzer. I am in love with it. It goes super smooth and gives such a nice holiday tan look. It is just amazing. I am using small stippling brush to apply it and it looks very natural. I don't think colour is too orange. It's perfect for me and I am quite pale (MAC NC20, Giorgio Armani lasting silk 4.5). I know it's expensive but it's worth the price. It lasts forever. Some people might not like the packaging as it's quite big - not very travel friendly but this doesn't bother me really.
Overall great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After seeing all the great reviews, I became obsessed with getting my hands on it. I tried it at Nordstrom's and the makeup artist showed me how to apply it, and I am very glad he did. I use the medium sized dome synthetic brush from "It" cosmetics, you can find it on QVC.com.
And yes you definitely need to use a brush, I do love applying creams with my finger tips but with this product a brush is a necessity, I use it as a halo all around the face and under my chin and along the sides of my neck and then go in on the cheeks and forehead, it has great staying power, to the tune of all day 9-12 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sarraaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite product! I cant live without it. I use it every time I do my makeup. I would repurchase this a thousand times. It has an amazing formula, it is not to wet and not to dry. It gives you the nicest glow and you look sunkissed. It does have some shimmer in it if you look really close, but it doesn't show up on your face. It last all day and I can't say enough good things about it! The packaging is so nice and sleek, and really functional. I know it is pretty expensive but you really get what you pay for. Today I actually hit pan on it, and that is a sign of a loved product. Especially for a product that last forever. For everybody who loves bronzer, this is a must have in your makup collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I hesitated to buy this, because it is expensive and I was unsure how to use it. After playing around with it a couple of times I discovered that it creates a beautiful slight tanned-like look on the face, without actually having to go in the sun! I like the healthy glow it imparts, and it wore all day into the night, so it does have longevity. I use a large synthetic powder brush, run it through the product then lightly dust it everywhere the sun would hit. There are no demarcation lines like most bronzers have (expecially when one has a heavy hand as I tent to do). For evening I have used a bit of Mac Sun dipped bronzer on high planes of face to sort of "top it off". Lovely product... recommended it highly for anyone with an light olive complexion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Definitely long-wearing. The texture is creamy, but not so creamy that it melts off. The more you blend the better it looks, otherwise it can be a little streaky. It is expensive, but that amount is enough for years...
So overall I think this is quite good, but not for me, it looks orange.
Not fan of the parabens either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Use it all the time my all time holy grail product !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this bronzer. I bought this when I first purchased Chanel Pro Lumiere (now discontinued) they were a dream together.

Im a NC40-44 depending on the time of year and how tanned I am from holidays. But it seems to adapt no matter what shade I am. This was first recommended to me by a friend with a very dark complexion as it only comes in one colour I couldn't understand how it works for us both but somehow it does.

I use the ELF powder brush to apply and it gives me a flawless, radient glow finish.

Best cream bronzer I've ever come across and the product lasts forever as a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I LOVE this product! It's a cream, but nearly solid cream that is easily blended with the right brush. I have been using this off and on over the past few months. A jar will last forever - a little goes a long way and it's completely buildable. My skintone is NC30 and it blends/looks incredibly natural on me and with it's ability to build it looks great with a faux tan as well. Smells amazing, another great product from Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mimisang

I've been wanted to try on this product ever since i first saw it on pixiwoo's channel. Finally got my hands on it last month and even though it's pricey but i think it should last me for quite some time with the big amount of product.

I love the consistency of the product, it's like a cream-gel like that blends into mt skin very well. i have dry combination skin and this product works well on my dry cheeks. I used a kabuki brush to apply and a little product goes a long way. Too much of the product might make u look orange so bear in mind to start with very little first.

Overall a GOOD BUY :)