September 19, 2014 | 1830 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I contour and highlight my face every time I go out. After learning on how to make your face two and three dimensional, the thought of not doing this and having my makeup look flat is just to much for me to handle. With the summer coming upon us, I decided when it came to my products I wanted to have two sets; a powder set and a cream set. For my contouring I have a cream foundation I use to draw the lines and contour my face with. When it came time to bronzer I was using Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer which I love. However I didn't have anything in cream form and realized I need to get one.

I watch youtube like a lot...like full on addicted to it! I normally have a day during the week where I binge watch on all the people I am subscribed to for makeup tutorials. One of the things that I noticed is that a lot of them had Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzer for applying on top of their contouring. So off I went to The Bay in order to find this Chanel counter and buy this product.

When the sales lady showed me the product, I asked her if they had a lighter color as it seemed really dark for my skin tone. She informed me that this color was universal and every skin tone can use and benefit from it. I was a bit leery about trying something so dark on my ghostly fair pale skin (don't let my profile pic fool you, that was taken in a dark ballroom at night) that I almost walked away on the spot. However I decided to stop my stupidity and fear of the unknown and give it a shot. She allowed me to use it to contour the lines on my face and gave me a brush to blend it in with! As I applied it on my face, I realized that it went on smooth and light and not like a dark rash. It blended in well and no harsh lines were visible. This product truly gave me that lovely glowing suntan look just without all the UV ray damage. It didn't look dirty or to brown and a little goes a long way. I applied it with a foundation wand brush and then blended it in with their Chanel contouring brush that they recommended getting. However I have my own contouring brush at home which works just as well and did the job just as great.

You see the problem with bronzers is that if it is not formulated properly, then the color comes across as mutty and dirty. Or in some cases worse...you like a girl who fell asleep under the sun tanning bed way to long and now your fake tan looks more like "shake and burnt"!

So, if you are looking for a new cream bronzer, then I highly recommend this product due to its soft, smooth, velveting texture and blend-ability.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mixprints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my 7th or 8th tub of this. This already tells you where this review is going! It is the most absolute bestest (yes that is a word now) product that exists! It gives the most perfect glow all year around and lasts allll day. I truly think Chanel has a truly cult worthy product right here. I use this with a stippling brush or the small Chanel Kabuki (but that gets more annoying to clean) and buff it in my skin. If my foundation becomes a bit too pale in the summer due to my tan no problem this baby takes care of everything as it acts like a base that I buff on top of it. During winter months my skin glows and looks super healthy due to this product. Basically an all around winner and 5 stars is not enough in my opinion. All of my girlfriends have purchased and repurchased this product after I used it on them. If ever this gets discontinued I sincerely don't even what I will do as it's in my makeup routine each and every single day. Touch ups are so easy as it does not look caked on.

I am NC30/35 and basically cannot rave enough about this product. I think any skin type would work with this, the key is practice at first to see how much you need to apply and how to buff it out well. Simply fantastic!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How I wish this came in a darker shade! It's such a wonderful product, but the color does not show at all on my skin when I have a little tan going on. I use it as a luminizer under or over my foundation mostly, and it's great for that. It's in fact a makeup base. Stays put all day and does not make me oily in any perticular way. It's a real luxury product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by dolliedsj1989

This is my favourite make-up product. A must have for all bronzer fantatics. I searched everywhere for the perfect one, then I came across this in a magazine and thought I'd give it a try. If you like a more natural finish as a pose to powered finish then this product is for you. It glides on the face effortlessly and just gives a sun kissed look. It's perfect on it's own or on top of foundation. It defiantly has became my favourite must have make up product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Fist of all, this bronzer is expensive, however it is 1oz... This is like 3 times the amount of a regular powder pronzer! So you get what you pay for!

Pros:
Blendable
Creamy
Decent Price
Get a lot
Long lasting
Not orangy

Cons:
Have not used it long enough to notice any issues!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this bronzer I thought it was the best thing ever but have quickly come to change my mind! After it is on my skin for more than 3 hours it goes an orangy colour and starts to itch. I am pretty sure it is just something in the Chanel cosmetics because I have experienced this bedore with their foundations and blushers. If you have acne prone skin too, please could you let me know if you are experiencing this? Overall it is a beautiful bronzer and smells gorgeous, but had to knock off a star due to its reaction to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by DomaXo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is such an amazing bronzer. I am in love with it. It goes super smooth and gives such a nice holiday tan look. It is just amazing. I am using small stippling brush to apply it and it looks very natural. I don't think colour is too orange. It's perfect for me and I am quite pale (MAC NC20, Giorgio Armani lasting silk 4.5). I know it's expensive but it's worth the price. It lasts forever. Some people might not like the packaging as it's quite big - not very travel friendly but this doesn't bother me really.
Overall great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing all the great reviews, I became obsessed with getting my hands on it. I tried it at Nordstrom's and the makeup artist showed me how to apply it, and I am very glad he did. I use the medium sized dome synthetic brush from "It" cosmetics, you can find it on QVC.com.
And yes you definitely need to use a brush, I do love applying creams with my finger tips but with this product a brush is a necessity, I use it as a halo all around the face and under my chin and along the sides of my neck and then go in on the cheeks and forehead, it has great staying power, to the tune of all day 9-12 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sarraaaah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my absolute favorite product! I cant live without it. I use it every time I do my makeup. I would repurchase this a thousand times. It has an amazing formula, it is not to wet and not to dry. It gives you the nicest glow and you look sunkissed. It does have some shimmer in it if you look really close, but it doesn't show up on your face. It last all day and I can't say enough good things about it! The packaging is so nice and sleek, and really functional. I know it is pretty expensive but you really get what you pay for. Today I actually hit pan on it, and that is a sign of a loved product. Especially for a product that last forever. For everybody who loves bronzer, this is a must have in your makup collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I hesitated to buy this, because it is expensive and I was unsure how to use it. After playing around with it a couple of times I discovered that it creates a beautiful slight tanned-like look on the face, without actually having to go in the sun! I like the healthy glow it imparts, and it wore all day into the night, so it does have longevity. I use a large synthetic powder brush, run it through the product then lightly dust it everywhere the sun would hit. There are no demarcation lines like most bronzers have (expecially when one has a heavy hand as I tent to do). For evening I have used a bit of Mac Sun dipped bronzer on high planes of face to sort of "top it off". Lovely product... recommended it highly for anyone with an light olive complexion.