July 23, 2014 | 1917 users online

Eyeliner - Bourjois - Liquid Eyeliner - Liner Parfait

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by catbaguette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Everyone has their go-to makeup product so that they feel ready to face the day, some like a touch of bronzer and others like a full face of foundation. I always whip on my liquid eyeliner - subtle during the day and a bit more dramatic in the evening. I have tried so many liquid eyeliners, ranging from brush based applicators to sponge tip applicators - dependent on your skill Liner Parfait may be a little bit tricky to put on if you're new to the world of liquid eyeliners and I would perhaps suggest starting on a sponge tip based liner which gives you more ease and control such as the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner which is good but doesn't have the same staying power (I'll get to this in more detail later) as Liner Parfait and smudges a lot more easily throughout the day. Otherwise if you've grown accustomed to using liquid eyeliner quite often or are just talented at applying it, then this brush based applicator is simple and doesn't absorb too much of the product. I have used other brush based liners in the past and some of them simply absorb too much product - leaving a stinging/burning sensation in your eye if the excess manages to creep in. Liner Parfait on the other hand gives you the right amount and in terms of looking at the application even further - the base of the brush which you hold in your hand as you apply it is long enough so that you don't get annoying little black smudges all over your fingers and hands.

Liner Parfait is also the right consistency - it's neither too thick/smudgy nor too runny - so those burning eye moments which I've experienced a lot in the past are certainly avoided upon application. I know this sounds quite trivial, but if you just want a little bit for the day and a smooth, quick, no-fuss application so that you're ready to go - you don't want to prolong that by holding cotton balls to your eyes as you hiss in pain and desperately try and remove excess product from your sockets!

I also love the staying power of this eyeliner - for me I could wear it for 12 hours and my liner still looks pointy and perfect! I have an oily face and in the past I grew quite accustomed to eye liners, shadows etc smudging - I accepted that as a fact of life and I'd have to touch up during the day. Not with Liner Parfait as it stays intact throughout the whole day even when I've had particularly stressful days. I love this product, it's not expensive at all and it lasts a very long time - my one has kept me going for 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Maroko

the best liquid eyeliner ever it doesnt crease, doesnt smudge and easy to apply-im new to liquid eyeliner and managed to use it easily. the only downisde is the price, which is kind of pricey where im from, but hey! i got a free-and really good mascara with it!-anw, it's totally worth it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's just cause my one is getting old? (About 4 or 5 months). But I don't like it :( It's staying power is crap, I have black and it's not very true black, it flakes off like crazy. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have brown black and grey and I'll keep repurchasing them each time they get over. :-D My HG liquid eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by luvenan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looove this eyeliner! Great staying power. Even with my not so skilled hands I can get the loveliest results. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because sometimes it takes me a few tries to apply (it doesn't dry immediately, so you can take it off with a tissue if you mess up). But honestly, can't live without it (for now anyways... I'm waiting for my order of the bobbi brown gel eyeliner). I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by svprior

Brilliant liquid eyeliner. Better than some of the top brands that I've tried. Also comes in a great range of colours. A lot of people are put off by the fine brush, but believe me this is the only way to get a truly polished and professional line. Especially useful if you want to line your lids close to the eyelash line (for subtle effect). Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by blaahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at a factory sale for AUD$5, if i knew if it was this good i wouldve bought so much. I like liquid eyeliners that have a really thin brush as it can create thin or thick lines. It lasts for so long and does not smudge at all ! Its not very often that you find a drugstore liquid eyeliner like this. I am definitely repurchasing this product again !

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by BunnyIrene

This is like a texta with a thin tip and is very firm. I found this very difficult to use at first and once I got the hang of it, it was okay. It has great staying power and the only way to remove it is with a good make up remover or cleanser. I'd prefer a felt tip that was more flexible. The biggest issue I have with this eyeliner is that it bleeds into my fine lines. It's not a good look and I am still finding a way to use this liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mehndi786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have adored this eyeliner ever since I started using it a few years ago. The brush took some getting used to, but now that i've mastered it I love it! The liquid itself is the perfect colour and consistency, I use it in black and always get a really deep black colour, compared to other liquid eyeliners which can look a bit washed out. I apply this early in the morning and it lasts beautifully all day with minimal touch ups. Have bought many times and will continue using it until I find something even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Goldbaloon

I use Bourjois liquid eye liner in black color for almost 2 decades. Never caused an allergique reaction. Lasts long with no spoilage/smudge. People who are hesitant to use brush eyeliners may need a bit practice but that's it. It provides addictively perfect results. I was 19 years old when I first used it even before I applied an eye pencil (kohl liner). It is easy to apply, glides on smoothly. Black has more fluid consistency while the rest of the colors tend to feel a bit thicker.
*Tip: You can use it on your pre-curled eye lashes for hard to reach corners with its super thin brush. It holds the curl better than many mascaras.