September 18, 2014 | 1690 users online

Foundations - Kanebo - cream finish foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by emymark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like it overall lets start with pros: full coverage, amazing for dry skin does not cling to dry spots,blends easily and lasts ok cons: settles into lines which is the only thing i dont like if u dont have lines its otherwise perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite of all times! My absolute top-score-foundation, and believe me, Ive tried a whole bunch!! I love the natural look you get from this one, and I think it`s kind of dewy, fresh-looking on the skin.Its smooth, easy to blend, either with a sponge, fingers or brush. Not at all powdery (which I hate!) or drying. Its really a moisturing foundation, with good coverage. Id say medium, but like others here say - you can build with another thin layer (not one thick) and voila, the coverage is full! :)
It does not flake, it does not dry out the skin or purposes breakout, and you do not look very "made up" when wearing this.
I love, love, love it! Hate the price though, here in Norway its like $100, which is too, too much!

Ive worked with makeup and this is one of my favorite-brands, allthough no other Kanebo-foundation can match this one.
I also like that this one doesnt make your lines show. The colors are also really good. I use 202 and 203, kind of natural beige colours with a yellow undertone.

Yes, I will buy this again and again, Ive actually had this 3 times allready, and every time I try something else(due to the price), Im dissapointed. So if you can afford this and need a really good foundation, this is the one!

Best,best, best there is!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this foundation....I have loads of foundation ranging from a lot of brands and tried a lot of brands as well...I have tried kanebo sensai fluid finish foundation which I love but I find it a bit sheer
and I was thinking of buying a creme foundation which gives more coverage
I checked la mer and found it too expensive and I cannot find a shade which is suitable for me..and when I was looking though makeupalley review I came across this and decided to try it
why do I like this foundation the most out of all foundations I have?
-coverage - it gives really nice coverage I will not say full but more of a medium coverage..so if you have decent skin but haves uneven skin tone or some minor marks to cover this is great
-finish - it gives me really nice dewy/satin finish..even though it is medium coverage it doesn't look like you have put on tons of foundation and looks very natural. I have dry-combination skin and this foundation doesn't make my face looks oil slick ( when I wear sana primer I do not use blot powder if not I use kryolan anti shine powder in my t-zone) but I will have to see the performance in summer since now it is winter
-shade - I have the shade in amber beige I will not say it is exactly my shade very near to my tone ( I have not come across any foundation which matches my skin tone since I have really strong yellow olive skin tone )
-application - very easy to apply and smooth out since it is not really thick but creamy I just use normal foundation brush and I don't need to spend a lot of time trying to smooth out the foundation so it is really a plus and you do not need a lot of product to get a nice coverage since it is pigmented..
-scent? - I cannot really smell any strong scent but I am usually ok with scent unless it is too chemical
-price - I bought it on ebay for US$23 including shipping so it is really cheap for me considering its performance ( and the seller refunded me US$8 since some foundation spilled..just a little bit since at least 95% left)

one thing I do not like about the foundation is packaging..it doesn't come with pump so you have to use specula to scoop out ( digging with your finger is not really hygienic) so I would like it more if there is a pump.. but for all the great things it offer I can over look it..I will definitely purchase again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by danapop

The best foundation!! And I have tried lots of high-end foundations! Full coverage, natural looking, it doesn't cause breakouts. Very expensive though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Great, treat great foundation! ! I got a jar in a swap - I love Kanebo but I find it really expensive at least here in Italy so swapping is a great way to try foundation.
I am a foundtion freak, always in the quest of the best foundation on the market. I was mesmerized by Kanebo!

1) I got this in warm beige / CF 103.
At first I was a bit afraid it would have been too dark on my skin ( I am NC15 but perhaps half a tone darker); it seems really dark in the jar BUT - as a magic - after application, it adapts to your skintone perfectly.
2) So creamy and soft, it is a pleasure to apply (I use a brush)
3) it is super hydrating, but does not get shiny on your t-zone (I have combo skin that can get dry in winter). Weel I will need to update this in summer, for winter it is perfect, I must say! Very moisturizing, keeps oilies at bay and gives you an outstanding glow, in every lighting. My skin looks amazing in it!!
4) the best coverage+glow I have found so far! well I always thought EL Double Wear was the best - it is really your solution for summer& humid weather as it stays put forever- but DB is a "mask": very obvious that you are wearing foundation and tends to be heavy.
Kanebo is not!
It covers up everything, has a flawless finish: really, my skin looks like porcelain with this on. I mean porcelain, smooth but glowing, not matte, somehow imitates the transparency of skin. I am really, really pleased!!!
This is one of my HG foundations (same status as Future Skin by Chantecaille, GA LSF, Cl de Peau cream foundation & Diorskin Sculpt)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by iceyer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HEART it! I got this cream from a lovely MUAer together with Kanebo Impress Cream Foundation (Their highest line I believe) and guess what?! I love this one more than the Impress one!!! It blends very easily yet covers very nicely.

I use either the Lancome foundation blush or MAC 188 to smooth it out with a thin layer(sometimes two), and it gives me perfect coverage and a very natural glow!! it's definitly not matte on me at least. I'm surprised by how well this foundation can last. I wear it from 9:00am to 11:00pm and it still looks sparkling nature, glow and pore-free.

the only problem is that CF 203 Natural Beige is a little too dark for me (I wear GA #4). Although I do realize the more you sheer it out, the lighter it gets. However, I'm thinking to buy another full bottle with a lighter shade, maybe a 202 soft beige - that said, I will definitly buy it again! !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ahhvisst

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good foundation. Usually I use this foundation in the winter when my skin tend to get a bit dry. The foundation blends very easily into the skin and give a medium to full cover I would say, depends on how much you use. When I wear this foundation I don't have to wear concealer, which is great. The result is peach-skin, almost perfect skin.

The packaging is alright, could be better but because the foundation is pretty thick this packaging is probobly the best solution for this kind of foundation. It gives you exactly the right amount that you want and need but it's probobly not that hygenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Petra22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is really good foundation. It covers vey well and don't dry out the skin. It's really very creamy and soft and looks very natural. I have col.302 (caramel) it's very light golden beige (i have fair skin with yellow undertone). This product is perfect for fair to very fair skin as colours are really, really light(fair)....it' s very GEISHA style... I don't like the package as it's not made with pump (i find it non hygienic). It has 10 SPF (for me it's too low).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Put on with a very light hand, and only where needed, this foundation gives a nice result, otherwise, it might be too heavy and mask-like. It is marketed for drier skintypes, has a very nice texture, and leaves a semi-matte finish. My only complain is that I would have liked a bit more glow, because it has a tendency to get a bit "flat" on dry skin. Finding the right colour took some time. I first bought 103 warm beige, which is not warm, but rather cool, and too light, and I ended up giving that one away. Then I bought 203 natural beige, which is a perfect match for my untanned winter complexion (NC25?), but I am thinking about trying the next shade up, because 203 makes me seem almost ghostlike. The lasting power of this foundation is very good. On my dry skin, I have found that oilfree foundations like e.g. Chanel Teint Innocence make my skin shiny by the end of the day, but this one doesn't, maybe because it is a moisturizing formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Katinka007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first HE foundation-I bought it mainly because of all the raves here :)

The finish is very natural, I don't find it to be either dewey or matte. The coverage is medium but can be made full with two thin layers (looks more natural than one thick layer in my experience). I usually apply it with my fingers-it spreads easily on the skin and doesn't look masky at all (at least on me). The price over here is very reasonable too-a smidge over 40$. I think it's more expensive in the US though. CF is officially targeted at dry and very dry skin; my skin is more like normal/combo and this doesn't seem to be too heavy for it (this could change in summer though, but for now I have no complains).

Now the colors. This foundation comes in 3 color ranges, one is supposed to be pinkier(shades start with number 1), one neutral(start with number 2) and one yellow (start with number 3). I personally find the "neutral" shades to be yellow too and pinkier shades don't look that pinky to me either). Foundation looks quite a bit darker in the pot than on the skin-the more you sheer it out, the lighter it gets in my experience-which is one of the reasons I prefer to apply it in thinner layers. I have it in number 102-I haven't quite made up my mind wheter it's a good shade for me or not (I think it emphasizes the natural contrast between my neck and face colors, the first being paler and yellower olive and second being slightly darker and more neutral).

All in all, I give it 4 lippies-mainly because even though I like it, I can't compare it to many other foundations so I have no idea wheter it's really one of the best foundations or not.

Update after almost exactly a year: I love it, it's my HG foundation, so I'm upping the number of lippies to the max :) It's perfect in every respect for me; even the color match is great (I don't know why I couldn't see that from the beginning... probably because I'm really paranoid about wearing wrong shade of foundation, which is the biggest m/u crime as far as I'm concerned!)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No