Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat

3.4

I tried using this top coat alone and it chips my polish the next day. There is once when I applied my Essence gel no light volume top coat, I went to bed before it dries up completely and when I wake up the top coat doesn't look shiny anymore so I use a coat of mega shine and it look shiny and new, it doesn't chip my polish till the next set. So I Guess I will use mega shine on top of another normal top coat but if you uses good top coat like SV than there is no need to add mega shine on top of that. Btw, there is once I used mega shine with essie polish and it change the Color of my essie polish into streak of darker tone which ruin all my painting effort.

I think this stuff is great primarily because it makes my polish dry so fast! I can't even believe that my polish is dry and I can go on with my day in minutes. It's great! I'm a busy mom so I don't have hours to wait for my polish to dry.

When I use this as my top coat my manicure lasts about one week, which is not the greatest.

It's not HG but it is pretty amazing. I'll keep purchasing til I find something that dries fast AND makes my manicure last 10 days.

This used too be my beloved top coat til
I tried Seche Vite! I had to buy this again because I was trying to save money and guess what? Does not compare to Seche Vite! There is not as much shine and it seemed like it was never going to dry. My nails felt sticky. It also streaked my nails a bit. IDK... Maybe this was a bad batch because I used to love it or maybe I just got used to using SV! I would rather spend a few more dollars to get the real deal!!!!

This product DOES make my nails very shiny and lustrous looking, but they chipped the next day. I can deal with maybe one nail chipping, but 7 nails chipped less than 12 hours later. I used an Essie color underneath, so it's not that I'm using cheap polish. Probably would not repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I just recently repurchased this after running out of the bottles I had for years. I love this topcoat! It's very glossy as the name suggests and makes polish last for up to a week which in my book is a good amount of time. It also works wonders as a quick dry as it dries super fast. It does get goopy about halfway through the bottle but unlike some top coats it still manages to be usable. I agree with some of the other reviews that complained about not being able to see how much is left but it's a minor gripe for how well it works.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HATED THIS TOP COAT!!! It was horrid! I have never tried a polish this bad before! I don't know if I just got a bad bottle but it never dried and wasn't "mega shiny" as they claimed. I gave this polish so many tries and it failed each time. Eventually I just left it in my polish drawer and years later I am finally throwing it away. Also the packaging is silver so you cant see how much product is left. WILL NOT REPURCHASE!

Great top coat from Sally Hansen! I'm a huge fan of Sally Hansen products because although they're not the cheapest products in the market, they're pretty affordable for a great quality product.

Purchased this top coat but I've started using it as a base coat too! And it works well as well. The brush is good and consistency is pretty nice as well. It's easy to apply and it lasts for quite a while.

It really makes my nail polishes stand out more! (And helps to cover lots of imperfections of my nail polish application too). It does not dry out easily or clog at the covers like many other polishes.

Would definitely repurchase, it's a product I don't mind using and buying again and again.

I am surprised there are so many negative reviews for this TC. I absolutely love it. Having tried a few different ones throughout the years I always come back to this one (I still haven't tried Seche Vite, so this may change). It dries within minutes and it is super shiny. I am on my 6th or 7th bottle and haven't experienced any shrinking, peeling or bubbling. My only reasons for marking it down to 4 lippies are the same as the previous reviewer: it gets thick too quickly and silver bottle means you can't see how much of it is left.

Amazing top coat. Very shiny. Makes a manicure last for up to 5-7 days! I dont really like that the bottles isn't clear as you can't tell how much product is left and also mine went a little goopy after a few months. I'm on my second bottle now and would highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

OK-call me crazy BUT I have used this a few times and twice my nails became funky. Not all ten but one maybe? I put this on and a day or so later, while in the shower, my entire nail-the polish, not my fingernail!-peeled off in one piece! Very weird-just like I had a sticker on! So I tried it again-polish chipped again on one nail and a huge piece peeled off! I want to like this but it's just too weird for me....):