July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Cream Color Base in Pearl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I love highlighters and have been on the hunt for my holy grail product for a while. I believe that this comes quite close!
It is super easy to apply and blends into the skin really well. The colour is soft and not too sparkly which I like. It adds just a tiny shimmer and catches the light not a glitterbomb.

My only negative point with this is that it melts a little when its hot in the house and I have to keep it in the fridge :S

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The idea of highlighting your face is so enticing wouldn`t there be so many trash products out there. Screamingly obvious in harsh, glittery colors, rendering old instead of dewy. So I stayed away from them - up to now! This product is soooo different, believe me! Texture like a dream - it simply melts into your skin, leaving nothing but an absolutely natural, vibrant and very youthful silky golden sheen. Even on my superpale skin it never looks streaky - nothing is visible apart from the seemingly inner glow. At first I used a brush but I find that my middle finger does a better job. The best result for me is without foundation, just together with concealer and the Brit Wit Blusher and a trace of powder for better staying power. I emphasize the bridge of my nose, the dent above my upper lip, the center of my chin, the upper part of cheekbones, above the outer part of eyebrows and between the eyebrows.
The absolutely perfect nude look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While this product is a multi tasking product, I simply wanted a highlighter for my skin.

I´m very pale ( MAC NC15-20, C1) with somehow dull skin. My skin is dehydrated oily to combo and acne-prone. I never tan and rarely use self-tanner, so I rely on skincare and make up to make my skin look fresh and polished.

Before trying this product, I went for powder highlighters.

I tried MAC Soft and Gentle, which is raved about, and ELFs blush Gotta Glow which is a dupe for NARS Albatross.

These highlighters never stayed in place and spread all over my face, so I looked highlighted all over my face. On top of that, the powder formula made my already dull and dehydrated skin look flat and lifeless. It always stayed on my skin and never fully merged with my skin and foundation. I felt like it was obvious that I wore highlighter instead of just looking like my skin was naturally glowing if you know what I mean.

I went to my trustworthy MAC Muas and explained my problem. She recommended a cream colour base and we went searching for the right colour.

Pearl was absolutely perfect for my pale skin with light yellow undertones. It has no obvious glitter particles and that makes it perfect for highlighting every day without looking like a disco ball. It´s described as pale gold with icy shimmer and has a very creamy texture that just melts into he skin. The perfect colour for my skin.

I tried Luna too, but it was too cool, bright and frosty for my skin. This colour could work for cool pale skintones.

I apply it around my eye area over my cheek bone and occasionally on the bridge of my nose or above my upper lip. That may sound boring, but for me, this is the way to polished healthy and glowing skin. The light catches so pretty on the spot over my cheek bones and my skin looks gorgeous. You can also use this on the inner corner of your eyes or lightly under your eyes whenever you want to look fresh and rested.

I use this in conjunction with MAC Harmony blush as bronzer and I never want to be without this combo. As my skin is pale and I tend to look drawn, I make an extra effort to make my skin look good in the morning. And with this highlighter and bronzer, my skin looks good in less than 2 minutes.

The cream colour stays in place the whole day inspite of my sometimes oily skin.

For me, this was absolutely worth the money I paid for it. I use it every day and if it´s empty, I will buy it again.

I recommend the cream colour base, but also recommend to test which one of the cream colour bases work for your skin tone.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by bcvshygirl

I'm a highlighter fanatic. This is a great cream highlighter if you want dewy glowy skin. I prefer using a powder highlighter for everyday but this is especially flattering for special occasions and packaging is much more convenient for carrying In my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not even sure why I bought this years ago. It really just sits in my stash. I purchased this to use as a sticky eyeshadow base, but with my oily lids, it doesn't function very well as such. My skin is way too oily to fuss with highlighters, and I prefer a matte brow highlight. I can see how this is a great product for someone who can use it, though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

This highlighter is soft, subtle, and extremely long wearing. Just a little dab and you are good to go. I love how it gives me a natural glow and when worn underneath my foundation, it makes my skin look like I have just had a facial. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Pearl is a cream golden shimmery shade.

I use this mainly as a brow bone and cheekbone highlight as well as down the center of my nose.

Didn't really like it on my cupid's bow or at the center of my lips.

You do need to apply this in thin layers and using a patting motion AND set it with a similar shimmery product like Vanilla pigment.

I tried this on top of Artdeco's e/s base and Painterly, and topped it with Knight Divine, but I found that it makes my eyeshadow crease.

Not a bad product, but I don't think I'll repurchase this again. It mainly does a difference in photos if you're looking for that sheen. However, I'm more into highlighting with matte shades rather than shimmery ones as it gives more dimension and looks great in photos. This one will last me a long time though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It gives a really subtle glow and wears for at least 6 hours (I haven't tried longer than that). The woman at the MAC counter tried this on me and finished with Fix + spray. My skin looked amazing and glowing for the rest of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this highlighter. I think I'm about a NC 40 but just for ref I wear MUFHD foundation and I'm a #155. I looks great on my skin tone and has a pretty good lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this because I wanted to have a highlighter for my cheekbones and my brow bone unfortunately this highlighter has no lasting power especially because I have oily skin.
Putting it on my cheekbones I felt that it made not much difference
so for me it was just a waste of money.
What I also didn't like was the packaging of this product because whether I use my clean fingers or a clean brush I seem to get dirt in the product.

I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Virgin (comes in the Naked Palette) as a highlighter for my brow bones and you can also dab a little onto your cheekbones to accentuate it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No