April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Faux (satin)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleRedviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say I really love Mac Faux Lipstick. It is opaque and has a nice color. When applied, my lips look natural but even better. My daily lippie. It gives an almost demi-matte finish. Feels comfortable. I do firstly apply lip balm, then blot and then apply Faux Lipstik. It is long lasting. Even after multiple times of drinking. It last roughly more than 3 hours. Untouch, it last even longer. It has the MAC signature scent. Smell so good. I love it. I do recommend this lipstick for anyone who is looking for a good lipstick that give a nice natural subtle but opaque color (which i think looks elegant), a lipstick that is long lasting and comfortable enough for daily wear. This is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by madddiemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Faux! It's a great MLBB shade for me. It's one of my every day colors. Perfect for work. It's a pinky brown with a matte finish. It lasts a really long time. The only problem... It is drying. If my lips are chapped, I pick something more moisturizing. So overall, great everyday color and long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by tipps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most perfect 'my lips but better' colour. Not to brown, not to pink. Been hunting for a colour like this forever, and so glad i finally found it. By far my favorite new lipstick. A bit stiff to apply, but finish is lovely, its matte with still a hint of shine. Could be quite drying if you have extremely dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this bad boy it's similar to modesty except a lot more pink its a satin finish which I'm not a fan of its a bit drying but I love the color on my fair skin nc15-20 it's not a nude at all it's a plumy mauve pink its amazing at making your lips look full I can see why so many people love this it's definitely going to be my staple lipstick for autumn

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been looking for an accompanying lipstick to my Rimmel lipliner in Eastend snob for such a long time and Faux is perfect! I originally went into mac looking for Modesty, having found they had sold out, I settled for Faux and I'm glad I did! It is the perfect mlbb colour which is really appropriate for day or night. Having dry lips, I was worried that the satin formula would be unforgiving but I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Wore with a lipbalm underneath I find that Faux is neither a matte or a glossy lipstick, I wouldn't say it's hydrating but it definitely isn't overly drying, it is just a nice balance between matte and shine. The only two down sides are the staying power and the smell. I've noticed that this lipstick does tend to fade pretty quickly. However, as a neutral, pinky nude, the colour is pretty similar to my lips so as it wears off, it isn't noticeable. I wasn't looking in particular for a lipstick with staying power because I love to reapply. Another thing is the smell. I know mac lipsticks are well known for their vanilla scent, but I found this overpowering and cheap, it won't put me off Faux though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the few "nude" lip colors I can pull off without looking like a corpse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is my MLBB lipstick! It matches almost perfectly with just a little hint of pink and warmth. Perfect for every day. I use a balm with this under and overtop and it's perfect. Has that nice mac lipstick smell too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great shade for everyday. My only complainat is that it's formulated to be quite dry. I need to wear lip balm underneath and as well as a clear gloss on top. Still love the shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by aina09

I love the colour of this lipstick, it's pink yet nude enough for me to wear during the day, however I will never buy this again. I dries out VERY fast and feels grainy after a while... it's really gross. I find MAC to be OVERLY heavy and will most likely never purchase their product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by saranov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this color! I've finally found a MLBB lipstick! Faux is just a shade darker than my lips and it really enhances them a lot! I've never been able to pull off the nude lip look because I'm really fair and I also have really light lips, so I usually look dead without lipstick (lol). I'm not a huge fan of gloss either, because I don't like the "goopy" feeling and my long hair somehow always gets in my face. That's why I love the Satin formula because it's not sticky. For pale girls like me who want to try a nude lip look without being washed out, definitely try Faux!