December 22, 2014 | 1519 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Faux (satin)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Calixnel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC Lippie, and although I love the colour when I swatch it, it's not exactly flattering on my actual lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by veelui

this is the first shade of lipstick i bought from MAC, i love nude pinkish-beige lipsticks, very natural, compliments all skin tones. seems to last all day with 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Laura2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first MAC lipstick and I Love love love it. Very beautiful color and a great finish. It also lasts longer than any other lipsticks I had so far (drugstore). Will definitely check out other MAC lipsticks

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipstick, it is a muted beige/pink color with a satin finish. It's creamy, opaque, and lasts for about four-five hours on me. I've worn it with Soar, Dervish, Subculture, or Whirl lip liners, so I think any of those would work. It's a great everyday pink that is also work appropriate. If you like satin finishes I would recommend this shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice nude I use it with soar lipliner or whirl looks good on my skin tone. works with a natural look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by 1017

It is a pinkish beige, almost greige (gray & beige). Many have done a great job describing the color. It is a very modern way to do the 90's look and a way that looks much better on me than other more brown toned options (the gray undertones in this lipstick vs. many of the heavy brown tones of other similar options). Faux is kind of like my fall Creme Cup. My favorite look from January - April is Creme Cup on my lips & a soft clean pink blush like Well Dressed on my cheeks. Faux (with MAC Pink Cult blush on my cheeks) gives me a fall version of this look, beautiful & a fave of mine September - December. Fall is when I pull out all my deep dark shades. During my vampy lips season (fall), there are only two "tame" lipsticks I use, Faux and Kat Von D Lovecraft. I am Nw20, most black hair, brown eyes, mauve lips, deep soft winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I keep on saying that each new tube I get of MAC lipstick is my new "fave" (really!!), but if ur faves are Velvet Teddy, Brave, & Spirit this really WILL be ur new fave. I paired this w Soar or Whirl lipliners (not the most original idea but Kardashians/Jenners know a thing or 2 about lips! I've loved Kim's/Kylie's lips & love how Kylie made a 1990s brown hip again!). I do love this lipstick, it's brownish mauve more brown with Whirl more mauve with Soar, but I had to order this off of MAC's website coz Macy's was unable to order it & I had tried to purchase this 3x b4 but it was so popular coz of Kylie Jenner's look, but I finally got my hands on it happily & very glad of this! MAC's colors are so complex, it's hard to say this is brown or this is mauve or this is brownish mauve or mauvey brown but that's the gr8 thing about MAC is that it looks diff in diff lighting, on diff people/skin tones & there are so many colors to choose from but no two color offerings MAC offers are exactly the same, how they came up w so many colors is amazing & then the names [& don't get me started on the LE marketing!]. MAC is my fave lipstick/Lipglass line, they are an amazing & addictive company once you go MAC u never go back! If u haven't tried a MAC lipstick you simply must! I don't care too much for our counter's employees but the MAC website phone operators are always helpful, courteous, & polite so if l don't need it swatched I just order off of them + their warehouse is in my state so fast shipping!! I haven't counted my MAC lipstick/glass/liner collection but it's probably approx 30 to 35 considering each busted me out by USD$16 to me is a substantial collection prob not by y'all's standards but each is a true joy to wear & not a single dud in any of them; I love them all! I simply adore MAC!! I feel like I can buy 2 Maybelline lippies for $8 ea. or I can buy 1 MAC I would sooooooo rather have the 1 MAC! I feel a little guilty on this habit, u could call it a guilty pleasure, but woman cannot live by Wetnwild alone. These are definitely splurgeworthy luxury items. :) if u can get ur hands on this particular lipstick by all means go do so! I better not lose this or I will be soooo sad & have to replace it. Will def repurchase! MAC I cannot wait to see what the next celeb color craze will be.... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like this is a good nude for me, even though I have a light/medium skintone. I prefer to have some color rather than the typical nude beige color everyone opt for. Faux has a satin finish, which looks matte on the lips. It's a mauve color that looks brown with a rosy touch on me. Buildable color, you can dab it on or really smear it on for a really opaque finish. Reminds me of the 90's supermodel look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Move over Creme Cup, this may be my new favorite MAC lipstick. This is my perfect version of the Kylie Jenner lip because the shade she rocks is just a hair to dark for me, so this is just a slighly more pale version of that imo. A neutral mauvey nude. The formula is perfect for it as well because it's the Satin so it looks nearly matte. Awesome fall lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

saw jaclyn hill use this in her rihanna CFDA awards makeup tutorial and i fell in love as soon as i tried it on at the mac counter, its a perfect everyday MLBB colour for me, it lasts for a good 3 hours with a lip pencil, if not it fades very quickly which to me isn't a problem because i carry this in my purse to touch up. perrrrfect colour, i love it. i even bought a back up to keep in my purse at all times.