MAC Faux (satin)

4.4

my daily go one of the best mac lipsticks. I love faux and its perfect day lipstick. would buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

oh my god! i love this on my super pale cool toned skin! its a great color to warm up your lips without looking too dark or too pale. That perfect midtone pinky brown that every pale girl longs to have and look good in. formula is comfortable on the lips and great for all seasons, i especially love this in the fall with a nice matte face, long black lashes, and warm cheek colors!

LOVE this lipstick. I went into the store to buy Brave and the associate showed me this lipstick as well. I loved the color right away and have been obsessed with it since I bought it. Love the finish and it lasts all day, of course if you want it to look fresh you'll have to reapply. I wore it New years day for brunch and it was still on after eating and taking a nap, I use it with Soar liner.

Love this color. I use Modesty and brave but Faux is my fav!!! A nude pink brownish color. Super flattering! Kinda like brave but a nit lighter. I like it with whirl liner!! Out of all my 15 mac lipsticks thus is a top favorite!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Oh, I LOVE this lipstick! This is a gorgeous colour, a gentle pink, that looks absolutely stunning on my tones (neutral-warm, somewhere between n18 and nc20). This colour is very versatile and is both perfect for giving a very clean no-makeup look, and for softening heavier eye makeup. The satin formula is very soft on the lips and gives a creamy smooth feeling when applied. I absolutely love it and will definitely repurchase.

I totally love the satin finish! It looks and feels great even if you don't use a lip balm or scrub before. The hold is pretty good, not as good as the matte ones but the satin ones are a bit mot creamy so that's understandable. The color looks great on me and makes my teeth look a bit whiter :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Bought this without realizing the hype around it. It's gorgeous. On me it's a lighter, pinker velvet teddy. I tend to wear faux to my day job and velvet teddy on my nights out. It's just enough color that it's interesting and gets attention and compliments, but muted enough to wear any time, anywhere. It really pulls together any simple makeup look. I love the warmth of this mauve/pink and will definitely be repurchasing.

It's just really good, you guys. I avoided this shade due to the hype, but as I was hitting up my local MAC counter recently I noticed I was running out of Satin shades to try haha (it's my favorite formula in any brand). So I tried it on, and it looked amazing. It's pretty much a straight up muted light dusty pink on me. It does have brown undertones to negate any Barbie-pink effect, which is a look I simply cannot pull off. BUT it's still definitely a pink and not a nude...yet can 100% be worn to death like your favorite nude. It goes with everything :)

I did try Brave too, and the difference is nearly indecipherable. Faux is a smidge lighter for that midtone pink look (if you're olive like me, it will look like a pale lip, fyi) while Brave gives more of a Twig Lite vibe.

Formula is MAC Satin -- aka stellar. Not only that, but it's at the top 5 within the Satin lipsticks formula-wise IMO. Glides on with a good ratio of heft vs. slip, nice opacity on first pass, and wears like iron, which is difficult for this type of shade. It's very forgiving of my crinkly lips; not the most moisturizing but doesn't dry me out. I like a liner with pale lippies to clean up the edges and my trusty, cheap NYX pencil in Natural is dead on perf.

Oh man, I just LOVE it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Faux is a nice light pinkish nude shade that works really well for my light neutral complexion. This satin formula is the only MAC lipstick formula that works for me. It lasts longer than other MAC lipsticks I've had, which always seemed to slide right off in a few minutes. This one lasts much longer but isn't drying at all and it has a little bit of a sheen to it, which I like. I wear it pretty often, especially when I'm wearing pink or rose colored clothing. I will likely repurchase it. I definitely recommend this shade if you're looking for a slightly pink nude color and like light colored lipstick.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

One of, if not my favourite lipstick of all time! I'm obsessed with this lipstick. The colour is really unique, it's sort of my lips but better shade but it has beige-y undertones which make it different to all of the other MLLB lipsticks.
It lasts for ages - if I put it on at 7:30am I won't reapply until about 2:00pm and of course I had had breakfast and lunch in between then as well, and when it does wear off it does so evenly so you don't look stupid.
I love this lipstick on its own, but also if I have the time I like to put this all over my lips, and then a little bit of MAC Please Me in the outer corners and then YSL Rouge Volupte Nude Beige in the centre of my lips... Time consuming but gives such a plumped, gorgeous effect!
I wear this about 3 days a week which is a lot for me because I do try and wear a different lipstick everyday so I'm not wasting any of them, and when I do run out I will definitely be repurchasing! Thank you MAC for creating such a wonderful lipstick!!

Recommended for Medium Skin