MAC Faux (satin)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Bought this without realizing the hype around it. It's gorgeous. On me it's a lighter, pinker velvet teddy. I tend to wear faux to my day job and velvet teddy on my nights out. It's just enough color that it's interesting and gets attention and compliments, but muted enough to wear any time, anywhere. It really pulls together any simple makeup look. I love the warmth of this mauve/pink and will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/20/2015 12:57:00 PM

It's just really good, you guys. I avoided this shade due to the hype, but as I was hitting up my local MAC counter recently I noticed I was running out of Satin shades to try haha (it's my favorite formula in any brand). So I tried it on, and it looked amazing. It's pretty much a straight up muted light dusty pink on me. It does have brown undertones to negate any Barbie-pink effect, which is a look I simply cannot pull off. BUT it's still definitely a pink and not a nude...yet can 100% be worn to death like your favorite nude. It goes with everything :)

I did try Brave too, and the difference is nearly indecipherable. Faux is a smidge lighter for that midtone pink look (if you're olive like me, it will look like a pale lip, fyi) while Brave gives more of a Twig Lite vibe.

Formula is MAC Satin -- aka stellar. Not only that, but it's at the top 5 within the Satin lipsticks formula-wise IMO. Glides on with a good ratio of heft vs. slip, nice opacity on first pass, and wears like iron, which is difficult for this type of shade. It's very forgiving of my crinkly lips; not the most moisturizing but doesn't dry me out. I like a liner with pale lippies to clean up the edges and my trusty, cheap NYX pencil in Natural is dead on perf.

Oh man, I just LOVE it.

on 6/25/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Faux is a nice light pinkish nude shade that works really well for my light neutral complexion. This satin formula is the only MAC lipstick formula that works for me. It lasts longer than other MAC lipsticks I've had, which always seemed to slide right off in a few minutes. This one lasts much longer but isn't drying at all and it has a little bit of a sheen to it, which I like. I wear it pretty often, especially when I'm wearing pink or rose colored clothing. I will likely repurchase it. I definitely recommend this shade if you're looking for a slightly pink nude color and like light colored lipstick.

on 5/25/2015 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

One of, if not my favourite lipstick of all time! I'm obsessed with this lipstick. The colour is really unique, it's sort of my lips but better shade but it has beige-y undertones which make it different to all of the other MLLB lipsticks.
It lasts for ages - if I put it on at 7:30am I won't reapply until about 2:00pm and of course I had had breakfast and lunch in between then as well, and when it does wear off it does so evenly so you don't look stupid.
I love this lipstick on its own, but also if I have the time I like to put this all over my lips, and then a little bit of MAC Please Me in the outer corners and then YSL Rouge Volupte Nude Beige in the centre of my lips... Time consuming but gives such a plumped, gorgeous effect!
I wear this about 3 days a week which is a lot for me because I do try and wear a different lipstick everyday so I'm not wasting any of them, and when I do run out I will definitely be repurchasing! Thank you MAC for creating such a wonderful lipstick!!

on 5/13/2015 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just love Faux. I love it more each time I wear it. Like a few have said, it's a great 'my lips but better' shade, and seems to pair well with different liners for a slightly different look. MACS Satin lipsticks, they have great lasting power. Will buy again and again!

on 5/3/2015 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm in LOVE! First I was deciding between the very similar shades brave, twig, mehr and faux and was pretty convinced I was gonna go for the Mehr one but when I came to the store I tried them all on and Brave with Faux turned out looking best on me...eventually I came home with Faux and thank god for that :)
It's very unique color and together with the satin finish you don't find anything like that in a drugstore. Pricey but definitelly worth the money, it's a gorgeous pinky brown colour that looks amazing with a dramatic party look as well as everyday lip color. I like to use Loreal rosewood lipliner with faux.
My new favourite lipstick

on 3/19/2015 9:06:00 PM

This is such a great neutral color because it doesn't wash you out but it's still pretty toned down. I'm really pale and it looks pretty good on me but the lady who was working said it was her go to neutral as well and she was black so it seems like its a pretty universal color. Its really long wearing especially when paired with a lip liner. My go to lip liner for this shade is subculture.

on 2/23/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

perfect colour for pale girls!! I hate nude lipsticks that completely blend your lips with your skin colour faux is the perfect 'nude' for me that still looks like I have lips. the only one of my mac lipsticks that is running out. I highly recommend this for everyday wear. its my favourite mac lippy. LOVE

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

MAC Faux lipstick HG!!!!! A miracle has occurred. I actually found a lipstick that doesn't make me look like a (A) clown or (B) zombie.

--scent. While I like the price of drugstore lipsticks (cheaper to experiment), their scent often gives me a headache (I'm looking at you Maybelline). MAC lipsticks smell like vanilla.
--appearance. It looks matte. Actually, it's similar to MAC's Syrup...but without the shine.
--feeling. It doesn't feel dry.
--color. Faux is a mauve shade that makes my lips appear larger...without washing me out or detracting from the rest of my makeup. It's not too light...not too dark. It's not too pink...not to brown. It looks great on its own...even better with a lipliner.
--packaging. Fancy
--how it lasts. This lasted from 6 am (with Rimmel's East End Snob liner) until 11 am.

--price. I'll admit, it's pricey for a lipstick, but the quality is great.

I will buy this again IF I ever run out. This lasts and lasts. It will be the FIRST lipstick that I will use up completely because I like it that much. Even my husband said it looked good.

UPDATE: Nyx has a pretty good dupe with Thalia. It's missing the awesome scent, though. I'll still buy Faux because of the scent.

on 1/29/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Faux is very pretty. On me it's a light mauve rose. It is a perfect everyday colour. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Faux lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a pale rose stain behind.

Recommended for Medium Skin