July 28, 2014 | 1454 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Faux (satin)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good everyday shade of nudey pink. A little drying so I wear lip balm underneath

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lucyjadebyrne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product when looking for a pink based nude. Faux was definitely more pigmented than I expected and I would not describe it as a mood, more of a mauve pink. I find this shade extremely comparable to another of MAC's shades 'pink plaid' which is a very similar colour and finish. This is the type of shade that can be worn each and every day and is very versatile. Only issue I have with it is that it is quite drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by x0hannahp66

This is the perrrfect shade (if you're into mauves) and you have olive, yellow undertone skin.
I'm recently a fan of Kylie jenner's current signature lip. I find Mac's Faux is a great shade if you're wanting to mimic her look. I use it in conjunction with Mac 'Whirl' Lipliner, I feel like it looks more polished and also wears longer when you have a lip liner underneath. It's a gorgeous shade on it's own too though!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Every time I went to MAC lately I was always testing this out on the back of my hand. I finally picked it up this weekend. I thought it may be too dark for me but I was wrong. On my pigmented lips its’ like my lips but a bit darker. This is really an “everyday” lip color for me. It goes with just about any type of makeup and just makes my lips look better and really pop.
I would recommend this shade for someone that wanted to buy their first MAC lipcolor. It’s also a great shade for anyone that likes the natural daytime look. You can really amp this lipstick up with a bit of nude gloss as well.
This is easily one of my fave MAC lipsticks and one I see myself wearing on an everyday basis. It’s a classic!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleRedviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say I really love Mac Faux Lipstick. It is opaque and has a nice color. When applied, my lips look natural but even better. My daily lippie. It gives an almost demi-matte finish. Feels comfortable. I do firstly apply lip balm, then blot and then apply Faux Lipstik. It is long lasting. Even after multiple times of drinking. It last roughly more than 3 hours. Untouch, it last even longer. It has the MAC signature scent. Smell so good. I love it. I do recommend this lipstick for anyone who is looking for a good lipstick that give a nice natural subtle but opaque color (which i think looks elegant), a lipstick that is long lasting and comfortable enough for daily wear. This is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by madddiemom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Faux! It's a great MLBB shade for me. It's one of my every day colors. Perfect for work. It's a pinky brown with a matte finish. It lasts a really long time. The only problem... It is drying. If my lips are chapped, I pick something more moisturizing. So overall, great everyday color and long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by tipps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The most perfect 'my lips but better' colour. Not to brown, not to pink. Been hunting for a colour like this forever, and so glad i finally found it. By far my favorite new lipstick. A bit stiff to apply, but finish is lovely, its matte with still a hint of shine. Could be quite drying if you have extremely dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this bad boy it's similar to modesty except a lot more pink its a satin finish which I'm not a fan of its a bit drying but I love the color on my fair skin nc15-20 it's not a nude at all it's a plumy mauve pink its amazing at making your lips look full I can see why so many people love this it's definitely going to be my staple lipstick for autumn

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been looking for an accompanying lipstick to my Rimmel lipliner in Eastend snob for such a long time and Faux is perfect! I originally went into mac looking for Modesty, having found they had sold out, I settled for Faux and I'm glad I did! It is the perfect mlbb colour which is really appropriate for day or night. Having dry lips, I was worried that the satin formula would be unforgiving but I was pleasantly surprised with the results. Wore with a lipbalm underneath I find that Faux is neither a matte or a glossy lipstick, I wouldn't say it's hydrating but it definitely isn't overly drying, it is just a nice balance between matte and shine. The only two down sides are the staying power and the smell. I've noticed that this lipstick does tend to fade pretty quickly. However, as a neutral, pinky nude, the colour is pretty similar to my lips so as it wears off, it isn't noticeable. I wasn't looking in particular for a lipstick with staying power because I love to reapply. Another thing is the smell. I know mac lipsticks are well known for their vanilla scent, but I found this overpowering and cheap, it won't put me off Faux though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the few "nude" lip colors I can pull off without looking like a corpse.