MAC Faux (satin)

4.3

on 3/19/2015 9:06:00 PM

This is such a great neutral color because it doesn't wash you out but it's still pretty toned down. I'm really pale and it looks pretty good on me but the lady who was working said it was her go to neutral as well and she was black so it seems like its a pretty universal color. Its really long wearing especially when paired with a lip liner. My go to lip liner for this shade is subculture.

on 2/23/2015 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

perfect colour for pale girls!! I hate nude lipsticks that completely blend your lips with your skin colour faux is the perfect 'nude' for me that still looks like I have lips. the only one of my mac lipsticks that is running out. I highly recommend this for everyday wear. its my favourite mac lippy. LOVE

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

MAC Faux lipstick HG!!!!! A miracle has occurred. I actually found a lipstick that doesn't make me look like a (A) clown or (B) zombie.

PROS:
--scent. While I like the price of drugstore lipsticks (cheaper to experiment), their scent often gives me a headache (I'm looking at you Maybelline). MAC lipsticks smell like vanilla.
--appearance. It looks matte. Actually, it's similar to MAC's Syrup...but without the shine.
--feeling. It doesn't feel dry.
--color. Faux is a mauve shade that makes my lips appear larger...without washing me out or detracting from the rest of my makeup. It's not too light...not too dark. It's not too pink...not to brown. It looks great on its own...even better with a lipliner.
--packaging. Fancy
--how it lasts. This lasted from 6 am (with Rimmel's East End Snob liner) until 11 am.

CONS:
--price. I'll admit, it's pricey for a lipstick, but the quality is great.

I will buy this again IF I ever run out. This lasts and lasts. It will be the FIRST lipstick that I will use up completely because I like it that much. Even my husband said it looked good.

on 1/29/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Faux is very pretty. On me it's a light mauve rose. It is a perfect everyday colour. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Faux lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a pale rose stain behind.

on 1/28/2015 9:59:00 AM

YUP, this is a super sexy lipstick and it's what i wear on any date nights or nights where im wearing a full face of makeup and darker eyes. I'm Asian with NC 25-35 skin (depending on if I'm tanned) and it doesn't wash me out or look too pale. (For example, i can't make cremecup work cus it's too pale, but Faux works great). It's a slightly brown-tinged pink nude, which is not too light but not too dark like Brave. (You don't need both Faux and Brave--they are the same, Faux is just lighter and a nicer formula).

Faux is basically the pink-based more flattering velvet Teddy. If velvet teddy is slightly too grey for you, try Faux. Also, it pairs great with NYX mauve lip liner, which is a DUPE for Mac's Whirl lip pencil.

on 1/24/2015 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mac Faux is a sexy lipstick. Thats the best explanation. It is so creamy and the colour is the perfect mauve pink with a little hint of brown. Putting on this lipstick just plumps my lips and paired with a lipliner it is perfection. For those girls who like the whole Kylie Jenner lip craze this would be perfect for you, particularly if you want the shade but without a dry matte formulation (if thats your preference). It is perfect for everyday wear, and has good longevity (which I find the Satin Mac lipsticks have). I always pair this with a liner (Rimmel Lipliner in Natural for me) and I find I like the look better with the liner. Now, this lipstick doesn't really look amazing with a very natural or minimal makeup look, in my option. I don't wear mascara except for on special occasions, and I feel like this lipstick needs to be accompanied by lashings on mascara otherwise you look unfinished. But this is my pick for those mascara times! But obviously this probably isn't applicable for most girls, as I'm sure the majority of you wear mascara for more than special occasions. Definitely check this out when you pass a Mac Counter next!!!

I LIVE for this lipstick I'm in love with it!! It's an amazing shade that looks extremely flattering on (not for everyone thought) it's the perfect nude shade! MAC lipsticks are expensive but they last long and they look incredible! I extremely 100% recommend this

on 12/15/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first MAC Lippie, and although I love the colour when I swatch it, it's not exactly flattering on my actual lips.

on 12/15/2014 12:35:00 AM

this is the first shade of lipstick i bought from MAC, i love nude pinkish-beige lipsticks, very natural, compliments all skin tones. seems to last all day with 2 coats.

on 12/7/2014 10:48:00 AM

This is my first MAC lipstick and I Love love love it. Very beautiful color and a great finish. It also lasts longer than any other lipsticks I had so far (drugstore). Will definitely check out other MAC lipsticks

Recommended for Medium Skin