November 21, 2014 | 1723 users online

Conditioner - Alberto Vo5 - Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Another candidate for my favorite CO-washing shampoo! It's nice and thin and it cleans without stripping, leaving my hair shiny and soft. The smell is just to die for - reminds me of when I used this stuff as a teenager! In fact, the only reason that it's not my definitive favorite is that the smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Nevertheless, a really good silicone-free CO-washing option that I'll buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

I used to use this (w the matching shampoo) & it was awesome! Good price, cleaned my hair w/o stripping it, it was def 5 lippies THEN. Now unfortunately & y'all know I hate to give bad reviews but this still smells awesome but it's all water! It took me half a bottle to wash my hair my usual 3x on Sundays. It seems the condish wasn't much better, very thin & I got tangles which is weird since I use The Wet Brush so tangles are rare, I could see this being useful for co-washing, but I am so sad about its reformulation. The price was sooo good & I loved the balsam extra body. Now I get suave instead if I need a cheap shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

I use this for co washing, leave in conditioner, rinse out conditioner, and i put it in a spray bottle with water to use as a detangler. Its great

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by liz1644

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pretty good conditioner, but I might be able to find better.

PROS:
-makes hair soooo soft
-smells great
-DIRT cheap! (got it for 89 cents)
-moisturizes my hair nicely
-makes my hair shiny
-great for co-washing

CONS:
-doesn't get rid of all frizzies/ fly aways
-go through A LOT (but only like $1)
-slight build-up that caused hair shedding

Overall, I LOVED this. makes my hair awesome! But I'd prefer it if it didn't cause buildup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by fihe

Cheap yet great conditioner! I recently bought some to use for my new co-washing method. I love that VO5's conditioners are easily obtainable, very reasonably priced, have a consistency on the thin side (too thick would make my hair too heavy), don't contain silicones, and come in many varieties! co-washing with this conditioner makes my hair feel light so that the natural waves and curls can show through. I do need a little extra on my ends to sufficiently moisturize them, but that's just fine with me. of course, the smell is also quite nice! on my last shopping trip, I bought this along with three other VO5 conditioners. let's see how I like those!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is great for cowashing. It is runny enough to easily get the product to your roots. It isn't drying on the hair and it smells good. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this cheap little conditioner!
When I picked it up at the dollar store, I really wasn't expecting much. I wound up finding myself supremely surprised though. This is the perfect silicone-free conditioner for those who co-wash their hair.
First of all, the scent of both the shampoo and the conditioner is positively heavenly. Some may find it sickly sweet and slightly cloying, but I really do love it. It makes my hair smell delicious! My only complaint about the scent is that I wish it lingered more, though this may be a total turn-off to others who are more sensitive to product fragrances.
Secondly, this is absolutely divine for detangling my thick 3b/3c hair. After massaging this into my scalp and rinsing it out, I then apply a generous handful and allow it to sit on my hair while I finish my shower. Vo5 Moisture Milks practically MELTS my tangles right away with it's strawberry splendor. It offers the perfect amount of "slip" for detangling my thick tresses without coating and suffocating it with plastic-y silicones also. Another plus is that this contains a bit of soy milk protein to strengthen hair that has been weathered by coloring/bleaching, chemical treatments, and mechanical damage.
Finally, the price is great. I found this for a dollar at my local Dollar Tree, yet I've heard of other people scooping it up for even less during sales at drugstores. Trust me, once you start co-washing your hair regularly, you'll go through a ton of conditioner- even more so if your hair is thick and/or long. Sticking with something cheap and effective like this is definitely the way to go.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hlnwnyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm quite surprised. I was looking for a drugstore silicone-free conditioner. Wasn't expecting it to come in such a cheap price. After reading the ingredient list twice to make sure I decided for a buck I'll try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! It detangled and my hair felt soft. It was a good basic conditioner for a really great price. Nothing mind blowing but nice. Scent a little too sweet for me. I think I'll try the other scents VO5 has but if I won't mind buying this one if the others don't work out for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this when I first found it, I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner and used religiously for months. At first it was great, really smoothing and conditioned my hair well, unfortunately this didn't last forever.
I'm not sure if it was a change in formula or I just personally stopped reacting well to it, but the fragrance seemed much more synthetic and the texture of the conditioner changed too. As well as this my scalp HATED me for using this and became so dry and sore that I had to use prescription shampoo for a while to make it better.

It's alright if you're stuck, but definitely not a long term staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by bbleu7856

I use this to CO wash and it is great. Does not leave a build up on the hair at all. My hair seems to love it and it is perfect if you're on a tight budget - $1 or less per bottle. I just wish they sold it in larger bottles. I feel like it's wasteful to keep buying the smaller bottles of it.