October 24, 2014 | 917 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Shea Butter Formula with Vitamin E

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite lip balms nice smell and moisturising

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jamerlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for the large swivel stick...

I really love this product! I am constantly searching for that one lip product that actually works and doesn't make you need more of it ::ahem, carmax:: and this stuff just might be it! i leave it in my make-up drawer and put it on when i sit down to do my make-up then again right before i go to bed. i have found, since using this, i don't have the constant urge to reapply lip balm throughout the day (which is amazing because it was becoming a disgusting habit)

since the stick is huge i really only need one swipe. i am predicting this tube will last me quite a while

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

this review is for the large swivel stick. this is not for the smaller version of that with added sunscreen, nor the one in the squeezable tube with choc mint flavor.

the large swivel stick palmers says its for lips, cuticles, and more. its a great product, and here's why,

its very emollient and though less waxy than say chapstick brad (which i like for its waxiness), this is also very long lasting. it really helps moisturize, dry, irritated lips. it helps keep them soft, and has a very pleasant scent. one stick used almost daily, has lasted me a year thus far and i have plenty left. the large size means you can cover both lips at once. in a pinch you can use it on cuticles or anywhere that needs moisturizing. if you had this in your purse, you could also smooth fly a-ways, and itchy skin as well. it never irritates either. i have a medical condition wherein all my moisture glands die. i have to use a lip balm all of the time. i have many as i always want to try what's new. but i use this nightly and will repurchase when i'm out. you get so much for the price too.

i was thrilled to find a smaller, purse sized one with spf yet it makes my lips itch. i have tried it a few times to be sure it was that and sadly, i guess the spf addition does not agree with me. i also ran to get the much raved about squuzable version that is supposed to be scented like choc mint. maybe i got a bad one, it smelled like plastic, really weird. so bad i cannot use it which makes me so sad. i am gonna try it again in the hopes i did get a bad one as i want to love that too! such a good idea really.

try the stick, its a desert island product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why is this stuff so dry and grainy? I've bought two tubes (thinking the first one came from a bad batch) but both are granulated and smell foul. What the hell, Palmer's.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by CuteSmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this as lip balm, but after a while seems a little watery (don't know how else to describe). Although I do love the scent it smells so fresh and natural!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do believe that this product actually makes my lips drier! I also don't like the fragrance. It smells artificial to me. For now, I will stick with Burt Bee's lipbalm in the tin. I have been using it for almost 10 years now and still love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2005 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As I try various balms over the years, I can always come back to this one. It is very soothing, and makes your lips feel soft, never greasy or waxy. For cold weather it needs reapplication. It works great if your lips are already cracked and dry, offering instant relief and seems to speed recovery better than petrolum based balms for me. The smell is yummy, the over size stick easy to apply, and makes a great moisturizer for hands or cheeks in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2004 12:05:00 AM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i was afraid the shea butter would smell like sunscreen (i guess it's the creamy white lotion look...) but it actually smells delicious. it also absorbs quicky and leaves my skin soft. the price is definitely right (mine is actually the 99 cent sample bottle). my only gripe is that it's very difficult to get the lotion out of the hard bottle.

ps-i also agree that this is not only limited to use on the lips! i'd call it more of an all-around treatment. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2003 11:07:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

I don't think this is a lip treatment exactly, more of a skin treatment but I guess you can use it anyway you want to.

It's a basic product, nothing special. I've used it on my hands several times since I bought it. I don't like the way it feels on or how greasy it is. Smells like sun tan lotion too. :(

My cuticles look better from its use, but my hands show no real change. I may use this only for cuticles until its gone but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Shea Butter swivel stick is a nice alternative to the cocoa butter stick. Nice texture, nice scent
(I had to get used to it though). Great for moisturization any and everywhere!