Clarins Santal Face Treatment oil

4.5

Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Seed Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Fragrance, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral.

on 4/10/2015 2:05:00 PM

This is a favourite of mine, I love the scent of it and how it makes my skin less dry in the wintertime. My mum and I both use it, and she has very, very sensitive skin - which might be saying something about how mild it is. I don't use it under makeup, but sometimes take a drop of it over my BB-creme to fix any dryness. A few weeks ago, I tried the "extraordinary oil" from L'Oréal which I think does pretty much the same, but at a fraction of the cost. Have yet to hear from my mum about how it affects sensitive skin, but I am hoping to use them side by side to work out the differences, if any.

on 4/10/2015 8:48:00 AM

I am a HUGE fan of face oils, and have used three others in the past (Josie Maran, DHC and Bobbi Brown) but this one seems to be the best! The others are not as moisturizing as the Santal (to be fair, the Josie Maran isn't bad) and with the Santal I apply at night and wake up with plump, juicy, moist skin!! It is amazing. I live in the NYC area and don't drive, so my skin takes a beating walking around the city all winter. The Santal oil is a welcome cure for my dry, red skin that even sometimes get eczema (yes, on my face....sooooo sexy). I absolutely LOVE this product, and will buy it over and over....oh, and just in case you were afraid of oils, my skin is breakout prone but dry, and this oil has caused NO problems whatsoever....as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure my skin has never looked better (and I'm 46!!!!!).

on 1/30/2015 5:21:00 AM

Clarins santal oil is for dry skin/After trying many products,Clarins improuved .my skin in one week.Woanderful for winter.

on 1/9/2015 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I purchased this oil because I was trying to find a good treatment for my dry skin. I used the oil at night and the Santal is designed for dry skin. I loved the packaging it has like a dripper to drop the oil so you can control the quantity ,the bottle is made of glass so I was careful not to break it. I was surprised by this oil, it did a great job treating my dry oil , the oil sat for 10 minutes or less on my face before it was completely absorbed, it's not dry oil.

I recommend it.

on 9/22/2014 5:52:00 AM

Clarins Santal Face Treatment oil is great to 'reset' my skin. My skin is not extremely dry but I have chosen to use this version of the treatment oil.

It spreads rather thickly but would do fine if it were used sparingly under a facial mist.

on 8/15/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

my desert island hero. my dry skin loves this. use every night. wake up with soft hydrated skin. a must have for dry skins.

on 11/5/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use this nightly in lieu of toner and night cream. After I wash my face at night, I pat it dry, warm 6-10 drops of this oil in my hands, and apply into my face in what Clarins calls a "press-and-release" motion. My dry skin drinks this up and in the mornings, I wake up with really soft skin. Also, it doesn't stain my pillow or clothes.

Since, I sleep in an air-conditioned room, the air is very dry; this might not sound scientific, but I feel that the oil create a 'layer' that protects the moisture in my face from drying out at night. After a month of using this, I feel like my skin has become softer and my foundation lasts longer. I've recommended this to my mother, too.

Personally, I think it's simple and effective. I got this from $35-50 (forgot the exact price) and from the looks of it, a bottle should last about 4 months. Cheaper than most creams! The oil doesn't really claim to do anything special - i.e. decrease wrinkles, make skin brighter - but for me, moisture is the most important. Moisturized skin will age well and be less susceptible to problems (also drink a lot of water!)

Lastly, the scent of sandalwood ("sandal") takes a bit of getting used to, but after a few nights, it feels more spa-like than stinky.

on 10/14/2013 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Recently I got a whole bunch of skincare samples allegedly being great for my dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. I also received a mini-bottle of this facial oil. Prior to using any kind of new product I read the ingredients list. Well, I knew I really couldn't use this. This so-called "treatment oil" contains a lot of sandalwood and lavender oils, along with more fragrance and problematic fragrance components. Very irritating and high up in the list of Rosacea Triggers. It smells really nice but that's the only good thing about it.
I happen to love several Clarins makeup products but I stay away from their skincare products; too bad because there are plenty of beneficial, non-irritating botanicals. If only they would use those instead of these irritating plant extracts and fragrance components...

on 6/30/2013 9:55:00 PM

I have red skin due to Lupus and I thought that this oil would work better than the Orchid Oil which I also purchased but I have to say I get better results with the Orchid Oil. Not to say I don't like this one, smells wonderfully of Sandalwood it just doesn't seem to work as good on my skin.

I alternate between the two oils to use it up but on the days I use this one I am not so happy with the results.

Best applied to damp skin to help the oil absorb and then apply moisturiser.

To stop oil going rancid store in a dark place because oils go bad in daylight and shouldn't be packaged in clear glass.

Clarins for me is a hit and miss affair and while I love their treatment oils Santal is not as good as Blue Orchid in my opinion.

on 4/26/2013 4:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Stunning results! My skin has been "angry" for a few weeks -- red splotchy bumps on my chin, flaky bits -- the horror. A hormonal side effect of a new thyroid medication -- weird adult acne. I have tried various soothing masks and serums to no avail. Then Clarins Santal Oil completely rescued my skin!! The bumps are gone after 3 treatments and it stopped the flaky bits. My skin feels smooth and plump, very healthy. I have trouble with rosacea redness on my chin and around my nose and this oil really toned that down. I actually use less concealer on those areas now! Must have if your skin is having hormonal issues or if you have fair skin with redness. This is my first beauty treatment review -- this oil is such a lifesaver I had to share.

Popular Treatments (Face)