October 2, 2014 | 1849 users online

Treatments (Face) - Beauticontrol - BeautiControl Microderm Abrasion Skin Buffering System

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEWARE when you buy this at ebay! I've purchase 2 from different sellers, and even in new packaging it was old content inside. Formula has changed since, along with the packaging. It should be pure white, smell fresh, and you should be able to see the grit. If yours is yellowish, smelly and looks creamy..you got jipped!

For those that have used the old formula and didn't like it, try the new stuff! It's so much better! The quality is unbelievable and my face looks instantly smooth, bright and even! So worth the money..most of us can't afford to go to spa on the regular and consistency is the key.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lynz_83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really am enjoying this product! I'm only 27, so I don't have many wrinkles or fine lines to speak of, but I do have oily skin that is acne prone and has enlarged pores. After just a few times using this product, my skin looks smoother and clearer. My cheeks were a problem area for me in terms of enlarged pores and slight ruddiness, and my skin overall just looked dull, but it looks so much better now! Even my husband commented on my skin, saying it looked clearer and smoother :) I know some people think this is an expensive product, but if you were to go to the spa and get a facial it would cost you more than buying this one product, but you can use this product multiple times...I was told 10-15 uses, but at the rate I'm using it I will definitely be able to get more out of it than that!

Note: I use this in conjuction with the Acid Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by dolphin82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I got it as a gift and saw instant results. It is rough and feels like it is taking your top layer off or like a sunburn when you do it at first. Only do it for a minute the first time and gradually increase your time. It recommends 1x a week. I notice smaller pores and very smooth skin. Even helps with acne scars. I was on accutane and some fading happens with that alone and this stuff helps it further. Although kinda pricy I would buy my next one. You don't need very much so it goes a long way. Also it is the only one OTC that has the same crystals they have in the derms office. I think this justifys the price very much. The brush is very helpful to get deeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lalaboom479

I would def. buy this again! I used to be a consultant and wasn't completely sold on the facial wash and makeup as that broke me out. But the Microderm kit is <3! I use it on Sundays when I'm relaxing and instead of using the brush that came with it, I use it while I'm in the shower as the grains don't wash off easily over the sink. But my face feels soo soft and smooth after using this. I've noticed that my face doesn't break out as bad anymore. I'm going to start using this on my torso to see if if lightens up my stretch marks from my pregnancy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as part of a set during a recent BC spa party. The microdermabrasion cream is nice, it has a pleasant, light scent and is gentle yet effective on my normal/sensitive sometimes skin. What I really like is the buffing brush that you can get along with this product. I usually use mine on the gentle speed, and that along with the cream instantly smooths and polishes my face without being too harsh. I haven't really noticed much improvement with fine lines, sunspots or acne scars, but to be fair, I don't have too many to start with and I only use this product sporadically. What I do always notice instant improvement with is the overall texture and softness of my skin, which makes this a must-have before a big event. I would probably repurchase once I do eventually run out, although it is kind of pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by LHanson99

This has totally changed the texture of my skin. I've been able to go from just 2 minutes using the gentle to now about 4 minutes using the normal speed of the brush. I had scars and uneven texture on my skin. Now it just glows after using!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sparklekit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. After my second use I noticed it lightening the sun spots on my face and now (after using for a while) the sun spot is almost totally gone. This is a quick and easy way to exfoliate my skin and leave it feeling soft, plus remove sun/age spots. I use it once or twice a week on my face, chest, and hands. It is terrific!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by katly

Pros: Really makes skin soft and smooth after use. Felt better than any other scrubs I have found. Makes makeup application look smoother on face.

Cons: Feels very rough on skin, maybe to rough as to why I started breaking out like crazy after a few days of using this product. I even tried it a second time weeks after and the same thing happened. Very PRICEY.

Overall: I'll stick to my facial scrubs in which I could control the amount of "exfoliating" around the areas that need it the most. If you do it by hand you can also control the amount of abrasiveness rather than using the revolving scrubber.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Idiot-proof. Cost-effective. Effective. Cute. I love that it does the job without breaking the bank. My favourite BC product. Prior to trying this I was a chemical peel kinda girl. This was so easy to use and the results consistent, I converted.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lmidgetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the microderm-abrasion kit for a while now and I have to say I really like it. I can use it several time a week and not be to abrasive or damaging; even though the recommened use is only once week. When used consistantly my face does feel and look softer and brighter. My spots (mylasia) start to fade and my tone looks better. Although I have heard and read many talk about diminishing the look of large pores I don't find that to be so in my case. But then again I have ethnic skin (spanish decent) which I believe is tougher than caucasian skin to treat for anything. Nonetheless, I do like the way my skin looks.