July 31, 2014 | 2061 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE mycolorpencil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by pyrobaby

I was looking for a white eyeliner, and going through every brand in Don Quixote (Japanese discount store) comparing, and this little, under-4-dollar pencil won! It went on fairly smooth (and this was the tester) and rubbed off the least on my hand of any of the others I tried (pretty much every drugstore brand in Japan!). Then I noticed the price, flipped out and bought the white, light pink, and gold colors (I only use pencil liner on my bottom lids). I accidentally bought an extra holder because I didn't realize you could put 2 in one, so I'll probably be buying a few more of these to fill it up. :) I will note though, if you have oily lids I think these would be REALLY hard to get on/keep on. Maybe that's why people seem to have different experiences with this liner?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2006 5:26:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have got one which is green and white. Cheap price and good quality. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2005 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BuBBle_29

It's cheap and it comes in alot of colors...Have a glittery effect too...Great eyeliner that brighten up my eyes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

I am generally not a fan of pencil eyeliners. But KATE Mycolorpencil is really a nice product.

Kate Mycolorpencil is some sort of "plug and play" toy :P You buy the body of the pen for 2 refills and the liner refills separately. The automatic liners can only be twisted out when they are in the pencil body.

There is a good variety of colors to choose from and you can customize the pencil according to your taste.

The texture is quite nice IMO. These liners are not super-soft but they have good pigmentation and some little pretty glitters (not chunky or garish). They last on me all day long (I am very disciplined about not touching my face/eyes when I wear makeup though :P) I never wear these pencil liners on my upper lid though, I only line my lower lid (2/3 usually) with this pencil (I only use liquids for my upper eyelids)

These pencils are quite cheap (about US$7-8 or so for a complete dual-ended pencil) and worth the money.

The only drawback is that the pencils donīt have caps so be sure to twist the liner back in completely to prevent it smearing around or breaking off.

I have 8 colors (4 pencils):

BK-1: Black with golden microglitters. But actually itīs more of a muted black/very dark grey

BR-1: Medium golden brown with little golden glitters

GN-4: Gorgeous medium grassy green with light green silver glitters. This is my fave pencil color!

BU-1: Shimmery baby blue with silver glitters.

WN-1: Warm wine/mahogany color with slightest shimmer.

WN-2: Dark purple with a light silver shimmer

WT-1: Pure snow white with pearl sheen

PK-1: Light baby pink with silver sheen, it has a light mauve touch

I am a cool toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes and hair.

continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by tuktoyaktuk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found the texture hard and the lighter colours don't show up. Staying power is ok though. I got green, pink and gold brown and whilst the pink is a great disappointment, the green and brown are ok. Its fair quality for the price (Got it in Singapore for SGD7 per color and SGD2 for the pencil body) but I don't think I'm going to purchase it again after trying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by funshinelover

i got the blue glittery one and have to say that i don't like this....hard to apply and doesn't last. cheap though so no harm done, guess i can try using it as a e/s...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2004 11:55:00 AM More reviews by starlight85

i think i have almost all the colours in the range already.. it's pretty cheap (SGD$7 per colour).. the colours are sweet and usable, nothing too dramatic, and comes with glitters in them.. suitable for day and night time use. wide range of colours.. good for those who like different looks, not just boring black or brown liners. Staying power is pretty good, it stays on me thru the day as long as i don't rub my eyes..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SnOw_baLLs

i think its cheap if you wanna try out colours. but its only 1.4 of the size of a MAC eye kohl.. lasting power is average.. will buy other colours to try out.. the pencil cost SGD7 and the casing cost SGD2.. pretty reasonable price.. I feel that it works better as an e/s!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2003 5:20:00 AM More reviews by inertia

The eyeliner itself comes in a plastic swivel mechanism which is inserted into a separately sold case. The case has openings on both sides so you can attach two colors if you want. However, neither the case nor the refill comes with a cap, so unless you go through eyeliner very quickly it's likely to harden. It's not especially soft to begin with and after a while you really have to tug it across the skin. However, it cost only 300~400 yen ($2.50~$3.00), so this is not a terrible disappointment.