The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 6/11/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is supposed to be for combination skin, but I feel its more suited for an oily, or super oily. This does have alcohol in despite claiming to be alcohol free, it does sting open wounds because of the alcohol content. I thought it was wonderful during the first week, because it really helped my skin to absorb my moisturiser, with continuous use I found that it is over drying, and my current moisturiser was no longer enough, this toner is too stripping for my skin type. The result of my dehydrated skin was break outs. Very dissapointed, do not recommend to my skin type fellows, and will not be purchasing again

on 5/31/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This toner really didn't help my oily skin. It tends to sting my skin slightly when I apply it, which is never a good sign. After a few days of using it I noticed that my skin was getting oiler probably because it was being irritated, and I ended up with flaky skin that was still very oily underneath. Overall I really didn't like this toner and I would recommend something gentler for those with oily skin.

on 5/16/2015 12:50:00 AM

when i first bought it,i fell in love with this product.it claims it leaves your skin without shine and this is what it does...but after like 15 min,your skin will get very but very shiny-trust me!i will never buy this again!!

on 5/13/2015 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Another disappointing product from Body Shop. This toner leaves your skin feeling oily at the end of the day. When I first applied it, my skin had a burning sensation and i don't know why.

on 8/21/2014 3:53:00 PM

Well, I gotta say--the product claims itself to be alcohol free, as you can see it is printed on the bottle! But when you read through the ingredients..... you'll find it does contain alcohol.

on 8/12/2014 11:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This was the first toner I've ever used that is an alcohol free toner, and I must say it really reduces oil. I use this twice a day and it doesn't show a major difference straight away but I used it a for like 4 months now and I've received comments from my friends that my skin seems more clear and smooth. ;33

on 8/1/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was the first toner I've ever used, but I honestly didn't see an improvement in my skin other than reduction in oil production. it claims to "leaves skin feeling fresh, purified, and looking shine-free" and for me, it only slightly helped with the shine-free. Although it's an alcohol free toner, there were times where I felt like this burned my skin. I don't have sensitive skin at all.

I did use it up since I spent money on it but I would not repurchase. The price was alright considering it was a fair sized toner which lasted me for months and I still felt better using it than without after cleansing my face. It would leave a slight sticky feeling to the skin but that's probably because there's no alcohol to help it dry faster.

on 5/9/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was told this was amazing. That has not been my experience. I havent noticed any difference in the condition of my skin through using this product. Rose water works better for me.

on 4/14/2014 11:16:00 PM

I have been using this toner twice a day for almost a year now, and I must say I love it. I have combination skin with shiny T-zone in summer. It helps to reduce oil on my T-zone, my skin becomes clear and smooth.

on 3/13/2014 12:52:00 PM

I don't understand all the bad/mediocre reviews about this product. I think the problem is that this toner is marketed towards oily/more acne and blemish prone skin. Honestly I think this is best for dry combination skin. You must have dry skin to some degree to use this product and have it be amazing for you. I have dry somewhat combination skin, as it gets oily throughout the day. But overall my skin is very dehydrated and mostly dry, and I LOVE this toner !!! It's just marketed towards the wrong people. It's deeply cleansing yet infuses your skin with moisture deep down. It has castor oil in it, which is excellent for cleansing and adding some moisture. People are so used to toners filled with alcohol, and that "burning" sensation as a result from the harsh stripping agents that most toners/astringents contain. This toner I would think puts people with oily skin off because when you put this toner on your face it feels moisturizing, and does not burn or make your face feel tight or stripped. Oily people are used to using those types of toners right ? I know I was pre accutane back when I had extremely oily skin. If you have oily or blemish prone skin try the tea tree toner instead maybe, or clinique toners, as I used them for years and they are wonderful. My skin is just too dry to use them nowadays. The seaweed toner has an excellent smell also, very fresh and beachy, but is not overpowering or smells "scented" at all. Nothing artificial smelling or feeling about this product. Highly recommend this to those with DRIER skin who get occasional congested skin, possible breakouts every now and then or a tiny bit of oil throughout the day. If you are dominantly oily, do not use this. Overall, this toner is amazing !

Top Rated The Body Shop Products