December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by makeitbitter

Well, I gotta say--the product claims itself to be alcohol free, as you can see it is printed on the bottle! But when you read through the ingredients..... you'll find it does contain alcohol.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Carmiesmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This was the first toner I've ever used that is an alcohol free toner, and I must say it really reduces oil. I use this twice a day and it doesn't show a major difference straight away but I used it a for like 4 months now and I've received comments from my friends that my skin seems more clear and smooth. ;33

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by nessav06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first toner I've ever used, but I honestly didn't see an improvement in my skin other than reduction in oil production. it claims to "leaves skin feeling fresh, purified, and looking shine-free" and for me, it only slightly helped with the shine-free. Although it's an alcohol free toner, there were times where I felt like this burned my skin. I don't have sensitive skin at all.

I did use it up since I spent money on it but I would not repurchase. The price was alright considering it was a fair sized toner which lasted me for months and I still felt better using it than without after cleansing my face. It would leave a slight sticky feeling to the skin but that's probably because there's no alcohol to help it dry faster.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was told this was amazing. That has not been my experience. I havent noticed any difference in the condition of my skin through using this product. Rose water works better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by minasmile206

I have been using this toner twice a day for almost a year now, and I must say I love it. I have combination skin with shiny T-zone in summer. It helps to reduce oil on my T-zone, my skin becomes clear and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by beecky

I don't understand all the bad/mediocre reviews about this product. I think the problem is that this toner is marketed towards oily/more acne and blemish prone skin. Honestly I think this is best for dry combination skin. You must have dry skin to some degree to use this product and have it be amazing for you. I have dry somewhat combination skin, as it gets oily throughout the day. But overall my skin is very dehydrated and mostly dry, and I LOVE this toner !!! It's just marketed towards the wrong people. It's deeply cleansing yet infuses your skin with moisture deep down. It has castor oil in it, which is excellent for cleansing and adding some moisture. People are so used to toners filled with alcohol, and that "burning" sensation as a result from the harsh stripping agents that most toners/astringents contain. This toner I would think puts people with oily skin off because when you put this toner on your face it feels moisturizing, and does not burn or make your face feel tight or stripped. Oily people are used to using those types of toners right ? I know I was pre accutane back when I had extremely oily skin. If you have oily or blemish prone skin try the tea tree toner instead maybe, or clinique toners, as I used them for years and they are wonderful. My skin is just too dry to use them nowadays. The seaweed toner has an excellent smell also, very fresh and beachy, but is not overpowering or smells "scented" at all. Nothing artificial smelling or feeling about this product. Highly recommend this to those with DRIER skin who get occasional congested skin, possible breakouts every now and then or a tiny bit of oil throughout the day. If you are dominantly oily, do not use this. Overall, this toner is amazing !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not a huge fan of The Body Shop's skincare, but I actually liked this toner a lot. It really did a good job of removing any final residue leftover after using my cleanser, it did not dry out my skin at all with frequent use, and I did find that breakouts and clogged pores were much more infrequent while I used this toner. I've since finished the bottle, but I wouldn't buy again just because I much prefer the exfoliating action of Clinique's 3 step toner #3. I would, however, recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin looking for a more gentle toner for everyday use. Good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by violetnitez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The ingredient contains alcohol, I didn't knew that before and i was dumb enough to apply it around my eyes, it hurts. However, I love this toner, I am using it to remove my make up as well, it really helps to clarify deeply.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have to say I personally really, really like this toner. I have used a variety of toners, but none felt as gentle as this TBS one. I have very oily skin and blemished skin, so some of the other toners I've used in the past always dried my skin too much, even if it says it's alcohol free. This toner though does not strip my skin of its natural oil and still cleans my face of the remaining makeup or cleanser I didn't wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by stargirl114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally use this toner to ensure that all my makeup is removed. Genrally I use makeup wipes, wash my face, then use this toner. I love how this toner isn't too drying and doesn't sting my face unlike other toners that I have tried. It has an unusual scent which I enjoy. However the scent doesn't last. Occasionally I use this toner to refresh my face after I workout. I am on my second bottle of this product and overall enjoy it.