August 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Toners - Burt's Bees - Complexion Mist - all of them [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have the Carrot Seed one. The smell isn't very pleasant at first, but I've become accustomed to it. It is a very earthy smell/old lady smell- It brings an image in my head of my grandmother gardening.

If you can get past that, the product does actually work pretty well. I use it on my back and shoulders to help with my 'bacne,' and it really has improved since using this product. The convenience of a spray makes it easy to apply in that area. I've also taken to spraying a pump or two in my hand with my normal moisturizer and that has helped to clear up some blemishes on my face as well.

If you're concerned about the smell, use it at night after your shower like I do- the pores are wide open from the hot shower so it sinks in quickly, and the residual smell of my other shower products overpowers this product's smell. Also, since I'm going to bed, I don't have to worry about someone thinking I smell like their grandmother after she's been in the garden for a bit. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2008 1:47:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Carrot Seed oil complexion mist- I love all of Burt's Bees but this one. This is the first one I hated, the smell is just awful. I had to return it, and I never do that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Grapefruit for Oily skin; It's an excellent product, especially if you wear mineral make. It's WONDERFUL to use during the summer. I purchased a travel size and a regular size just so that I can always have one in my purse. It has a really nice smell, doesn't sting skin or eyes, and soaks in really quick. It leaves the skin looking dewy, not oily, and it helps to set make-up. A very worthwhile beauty investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by xzkiskazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! it made my skin so smooth and radiant! i could not stop touching it, and i also use it after a long day at college, it wakes me up and refreshes me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by enyafan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the carrot oil mist, and although it smells good, it did absolutely nothing for my skin....save your money and buy the yonka toners, they work much better and they accually give you results, plus they smell much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ChicaBoricua

I bought a whole bunch of Burt's Bees products in an effort to eliminate anything and everything that contains parabens. I am using the carrot oil mist and by using it with the rest of the Burt's Bees products, my skin is very radiant and soft. My Burt's Bees routine is as follows: 1) Wash with the Tomato soap 2) exfoliate with the citrus scrub 3)followed by the tomato toner 4) spray the carrot oil mist 5) moistuirze with the carrot facial creme 6) pat royal jelly eye creme around eyes. This routine has made my skin really beautiful and I am getting compliments all the time. It works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Butterbug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Burt's Bees, Pink Grapefruit Complexion Mist (for oily skin). This product doesnt do much - it honestly doesnt do anything. It's okay if you just finish working out and have no makeup on you may want to spray it on your face to cool off. Definetly would not buy again - It's just a scented mist of water. Save your $$$$$.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 12:04:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I may have been ripped off on this product, because I paid $15.95 for 4 oz, and now I see on the website it is $9.50. I noticed it was the only one of the complexion mists that was not in a box. It has a plastic band around the pump spray so that you don't accidently spray it in your bag. I love the bottle and the way the product comes out in a fine mist. I use this after cleansing and before the marsh mallow creme moisturizer. Although the smell takes a little getting used to, I really like everything about this product. Makes the skin feel good. It lightly moisturizes too. The ingredients are: purified water, rose oil, sandalwood oil, patchouli oil, balsam peru, carrot seed oil, vetiver oil. I think I will carry this in my bag on hot days for a little pick-me-up.
UPDATE: The smell became too much for me even with the other positives, and I no longer use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2005 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Dr_Kawaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The complexion mist I use is the Carrot Seed Oil one. The smell takes a little getting used to (it smells very woody), but the way it improves my complexion is astounding. I used to have pinky/uneven skin before I discovered this stuff, and after like a week of using it my skin is almost always evened out in the morning. I spray it on a cottonball at night before bed and apply it all over my face. The bottle lasts alot longer than i expected so that's good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AriaMuse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the grapefruit mist a couple of years ago and forgot about it until a week ago or so. I already use Burt's Bees Tomato soap and toner for my combination/acne prone skin, but the mist is a great addition to my skincare routine. It feels great and is very refreshing, and it makes my skin feel softer right after use. I don't know if it helps my skin at all with breakouts, but it definitely makes my complexion look more balanced.