Avalon Organics Botanicals Lavender Bath and Shower Gel

3.9

Not tested on animals

This is one of my favorite body washes! I am a loyal Aveda user, but sometimes the prices can become to steep, so I opt for Avalon Organics! This body wash smells amazing! The perfect calming wash before bedtime! This stuff will literally put me to sleep! It is true lavender oil, not watered down fake scented. That's why it has such a hypnotizing power on the senses. Lavender has been scientifically proven to ease the mind and to rid the body of stress and toxins, this stuff really does the trick! It gets me clean and moisturized as well! I have been purchasing this for years and will continue to do so!

on 7/23/2013 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Most of the body washes that I purchase are either Philosophy, The Body Shop or Baht &Body Works, all which make my skin feel fairly moist after drying off. I bought a 2 oz bottle because with a coupon it was only .49 at Whole Foods. It was difficult squeezing the gel out of the bottle, probably because it was a small bottle, perhaps the larger bottle is more flexible. While I did like the lavender scent, it didn't lather up much so I had to keep adding more to my wash cloth. After drying off, my skin felt drier than when I use my Philosophy or Body Shop washes. I would not buy this again even.

on 4/20/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

While this does smell amazing, it left my skin very dry. It also gave me red itchy patches on my legs and shoulders.

on 10/11/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

fantastic! i love this!! i bought mine at vitacost. 32 oz is like $9 , much bargain for household soap and smell so divine. the best thing is that no parabens and SLS. and wont dry the skin like castille soap.
yay!

on 6/11/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just love this shower gel. I buy it in lavender if the store is all out orange/bergamot which is my favorite scent. My favorite thing about this line is that they don`t add artificial fragrance to any of their products, which is very important to me..

on 3/26/2010 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This stuff smells amazing and foams up fantastically! I love the smell of lavender (full-on, herbal overload, not the fake stuff!) and break this out for days when I really need the relaxing scent. At $6-7 on sale, this is not something I can afford to use everyday. Also, I feel that the formula is not very moisturizing, so I would get flakes if I used it more often. Overall a decent cleanser, but I would recommend skipping out unless you really love the lavender smell like me.

on 11/25/2009 9:02:00 PM

I've used a variety of the Avalon Organics bath/shower gels and they're all very good. They lather well, rinse clean, smell good and are quite concentrated - a bottle lasts a long time. The only reason this gets 4 lippies rather than 5 is that Weleda do a body wash that I prefer to this one. Nonetheless I really can't fault this. It's a pleasure to use and very mild (I've used this on my face on occasion and, despite having sensitive reactive skin, it caused no problems).

on 9/20/2009 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was so happy to find this on sale at Whole Foods, since I can no longer find this anywhere else. I love Avalon's entire lavender line and have also happily used the body lotion and hand soap. This really is just a wonderful body wash with a great scent and mild ingredients. This has never been a big deal for me, but I always see other people commenting on it, so, fyi, this does lather well.

on 7/19/2009 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A lovely body wash that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The smell is very nice.

I tried it on my face also, but that was not a smart experiment (too drying).

on 6/24/2009 10:29:00 PM

I've used this product on and off over the past couple of years. I originally bought it to help battle my mild bacne, believing that lavender has anti-bacterial properties.

While the smell of this is wonderful, natural and not overwhelming (as with all the other Avalon Organics lavender products), I can't say that it worked on my bacne. It is nonetheless a moisturising body wash that I would continue to use if I didn't have problem skin. I would also highly recommend this to others. In fact, I would buy it for others as a gift.

Popular Gels/Soaps