Kerastase Elasto-Curl Leave-in

3.7

on 1/19/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So sad this is discontinued. The best product ever for curls. Have tried everything since, and nothing compares. So sad.

on 7/29/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have thick, curly, frizzy hair for which I already tried many products. My main problem is frizziness, due to dry hair, so I always use a conditioner that can be rinsed, followed by a leave-in product before the styling product.

I was looking for a good styling cream to fight frizziness and had high hopes, since I previously used other Kerastase products and they are good. This cream smells good (to my taste) and feels very "creamy". Unfortunately, it is not a styling product and has no hold whatsoever.

However, I found that I can use it as leave-in, post conditioner cream and for that it does a good job, providing some texture and anti frizz. In fact, today was a rainy day and for the first time in ages, my hair managed not to explode in a frizzy mess. I would probably buy again, but I still need to find a suitably good styling product, to use after the Elasto Curl.

on 8/20/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It makes the curls soft and smells wonderful.It doesn't hold (I agree with other reviews) or reduce frizz and I just doesn't feel it is worth the price.What I hate the most is the fact that it doesn't mouisture or nourish the hair as much as I would want it to.In my opinion it is really overpriced.

on 4/29/2008 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like this curl cream better than any other one I've tried before. It really makes my hair curly instead of just weighing it down. It is a very light product and leaves my hair beautifully silky and soft. I work it into my damp hair and scrunch it a bit before going to bed, and I wake up to soft touchable curls in the morning. I agree with other reviewers that it has no hold whatsoever, so I work in other products into my hair when it's dry for that. I like to use a lightweight mousse such as Aveda Phomollient or Biolage mousse for better hold.

On the second day, my hair is a wavy mess, so I work in a little bit more of the elasto-curl, which brings my curls back into cohesion. Then I put another product in for hold. On the second day, I like to use a heavier product, and I love Aveda's Light Elements Defining Whip.

on 9/8/2007 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers who say that this is fantastic on the first day (and it is fanstastic), but has no lasting power. For that reason, I generally only use it on days when I am going out and am styling my hair before leaving. But on those days, wow. curls are soft, bouncy, perfectly formed, and shiny.

on 6/8/2007 6:54:00 PM

This product is absolutely lovely on the day you use it. It smells great, leaves hair soft yet actually defines curls. However, as other reviewers have said it really does have no staying power in either softness or definition. Also, it is expensive. If I could afford to I'd use it every single day but really, who wants that much product build up in their hair?

on 3/19/2007 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best product for making my hair curly. Some friends were amazed at my hair when I used this recently... they are used to seeing me with straight hair. It's naturally wavy, but this product definitely enhances the waves so that they look like long loose curls. No crunch at all, so soft and shiny. This doesn't contain any hold so it's not a very long-lasting effect. By day 2 the curls have dropped a lot. It beats other products I've tried, but I think it could be hit-and-miss. It's ok for me because I only go curly occasionally. But I once used it two washes in a row and it didn't seem to work as well the second time. I imagine if I used it all the time it wouldn't always have the desired effect. It might work best in tandem with products in it's range, but I find Kerastase to be quite expensive and over-rated so haven't tried the shampoo/conditioner.

on 3/15/2007 1:49:00 PM

I bought this after reading tons of reviews. I have moderately naturally curly hair, about a 2B that needs umph especially during the dry winter months in the North East. Usually I am able to get away with a spray gel, light drying and scrunching. The lack of humidity makes me a bit frizzy, so I was hoping this product would smooth some of those kinks and fly aways out....unforetunatly it made my hair flatter, although it was a nice shine. the smell is nice and refreshing. I am saving it now until summer and see if it helps when there is humidity in the air. But overall, I was bummed and still looking for something that I am use without tons of extra help along with way to keep my hair in curls all year long!

on 2/2/2007 1:58:00 AM

you get what you pay for with this. the scent is fresh and the product doesn't weigh down my hair. it leaves my curls really defined and neat. everyone asks where i got my hair done, i say "at home". a must try :)

on 12/30/2006 4:00:00 AM

The scent is gorgeous! It smells really fresh and definitely perks my mood up. I find that using this on damp hair usually defines my curls but don't really notice any softening/glossy effect with this. It lasts the whole day but if I go to bed with this, my hair usually ends up flat again the next day. Would re-purchase but am also on the hunt for something that would make my curls look glossier.

Popular Styling Products