November 22, 2014 | 926 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Elasto-Curl shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ladyonspencer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pricing: Expensive ($75 for the large pump bottle)
Packaging: Small bottle is ok, twist top that can get messy. The economy size large bottle has a pump which is great, less mess, less hassle.

Overall: Love this product and what it does for my nightmare hair. I have half sstraight/ half curly hair. Course hair but thin-esque. Plus we just moved into a new building in the city with soft water and my hair was eing weighed down at the root, overnight oil slick. I couldn't beat it. UNTIL, i used this. It totally helps my roots. Really works well to coat my curls and make them shiny and great or if I attempt to wear it straight it definitely helps with the roots.

Pros:
large bottle pump
Helps curly hair look great
Helps with scalp/ root/ oil control
Great overall product

Cons:
Price
Small bottle packaging
Too think for fine hair

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by 0xRiderx0

HG!!!!! I will NEVER use anything else on my hair ever again. I have very thick naturally curly hair that has a tendency to dryness. However! With this shampoo my hair is so unbelievably soft itís like silk! Less tangles, more moisture, more definition in my curl and added shine! I am so in love with this I donít believe that words do it justice. Plus it smells wicked! I always have people telling me my hair smells really good. I purchased the 34oz bottle and I have had it for 4 months now and Iím only a little past Ĺ done the bottle! It lasts forever and a little goes a very long way.
If you have natural curls and need a HG shampoo look no further! LOVE IT <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it - moiturizes and makes my curls lay perfectly. I went through it way too fast though - in about 5 weeks. I think they have reformulated the curl shamppo anyway. I suggest trying Wella System Professional Repair Shampoo and the 30-Second Repair Conditioner instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

*2c/3a curly*
Hmmmm, this was just, well.. hmmmm. Ok, I purchased it along with the conditioner. Together they were relatively moisturising and for me, did their job of defining my curls. The only problem being, i received 80's perm style curls and that's definitely NOT what i ordered. I know my hair and i know it is not supposed to look like that! They both smell nice but not like the serum if thats what youre expecting. I dont like the way my hair looks after using this routine so i will not be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by youyouya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It Keeps my curls(permed) curly. I use it with the conditioner and the styling lotion of the Elasto-Curl line and they are great. My hair is shiny and moist. Best shampoo for curly (well... at least for permed hair;I couldn't say for the naturally curly hair)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 11:30:00 AM More reviews by lauradandrea

I have been using this shampoo since it has been launched and it is amazing. I have thick and curl hair . The price is quite high, however 1 bottle may last around 2 months and therefore it is not too expensive in the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by coconnell

I have been using this stuff for a year and a half now and still love it, but not the price tag! worth a go for those with curly hair!

still using this, but now alternating with nioxin to get my hair super clean every now and again since i've stopped washing EVERY day (i'm easing myself into it by doing every other day - i hear it's better for the hair to cleanse a bit less often)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by hannahlise

ok, i think this may be my splurge...my hair LOVES this shampoo. i have a ton of coarse, wavy/curly hair that easily frizzes and poofs, and rarely find something that doesn't dry my hair out. i use this, my regular conditioner (all soft), and a combination of B&B curl conscious with some gel and diffuse....wow. my hair is shiny with nicely shaped curls, no frizz. the only crappy part is how little you get in a bottle, how much shampoo i need to use, and how much it friggin costs. sigh. for special occasions....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sjbrodwall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this shampoo in conjunction with the Elasto-curl rinse-out conditioner, and occasionally the leave-in conditioner. It leaves my wavy to curly hair beautifully shiny--spontaneous compliment shiny--smooth and frizz-free with defined waves and ringlets. I haven't experienced any buildup whatsoever, but it is the case that my hair will look greasy at the end of the day when my body is in one of its oh-so-wonderful oilier phases. The normal-size product packaging is a real pain in the rump, with an oversized, clunky screw-on lid, but the salon-sized pump bottle is awesome. It'll set you back a major chuck of change though. All in all, I recommend it. The Elasto-curl series is the best curl-definition series I've tried, and I've tried a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Okay, so I guess I am the only person on here that didn't care for this shampoo. Aside from being extremely expensive, I didn't think it accomplished anything more than my usual Matrix shampoo. Plus, the Matrix one is less than half the price. I will try to use this up, so I don't feel like I completely wasted the money. I won't rebuy though. Sorry to all the lovers of this...

Also, I agree with the comment about this giving buildup. I have used it for about 2 weeks and my hair is so heavy and yucky! I had to get a clarifying shampoo to clean my hair up.