Chanel Hydrabase Lipstick- Rose Baby

4.2

on 8/21/2009 6:41:00 AM

The color is nice...I really love it, but it's TOO dry.

Good everyday pink. Non-drying and easy to apply. Looks great over a deeper shade of pink. Sheer and irredecent but still pink! Looks great when lips are lined & coloured with Chanel lip liner in Natural.

on 11/29/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't like this product, but I don't dislike it either. The color is nice, but it's a little too sheer and a little too shimmery. It looks better if I layer it under lip gloss. It's also really drying, and accentuates any flakes. I wouldn't buy a Hydrabase lipstick again.

on 8/23/2008 6:21:00 AM

Too sheer to use on its own. I use it over Chanel Engima which makes the whole look a little icy pink - quite sweet. Poor lasting power.

on 2/6/2007 9:27:00 PM

This should be the color of the season! I use this color after applying some foundation/concealer on my lips and voila! perfectly nude pink lips.

The color stays on for about a few hours max and then you'll need to reapply. I love its smell - like the other hydrabase lipsticks, it has a wondeful rose scent.

This is a very pretty color,as the other reviewers have said,but it's too light for my tanned skin.I think this looks best on paler skin tones.That aside,it is lovely...a pale pink with golden shimmer that really lights up your lips.Same rose scent that all Chanel Hydrabase lippies have and excellent staying power.

on 5/2/2006 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

although this is a pretty color, it's nothing more than a pink sheen that will probably only be used to add some sparkle to another color... way overrated..

on 3/2/2006 7:07:00 AM

Color is pale pink with gold shimmers(shimmer is lovely). It looks great on my lips. I'm fair with pink undertones, brown eyes and brown hair. Smell and taste is exactly like rose and i love it. Edit: I am not sure i'll repurchase this color, now i noticed that bright pinkie-red colors are more suitable for my fair skin.

on 11/1/2005 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've used it: beautiful but a bit drying. I recently found Elizabeth Arden's Dream (Color Intrigue) that has the same color and texture but not so drying.

on 9/24/2004 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous frosty pale pink gold! I wear this over their lipliner in Cerise. It really brings out the pink in it. Alone is pretty too. I just wish their packaging was less bulky. But that's ok, I love their lipsticks.

Recommended for Medium Skin