December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Conditioner - KMS California - Color Vitality

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new HG conditioner! KMS Color Vitality helps keep my hair color from fading (I have black hair naturally but I highlight it to blonde) or oxidizing too fast. I love that it has just enough "slip" to detangle my hair but not so much that I know it'll break me out. Silicones tend to cause body breakouts for me and leave a residue that dries my hair out and make it crunchy. I have not had any of those problems with this conditioner!

This is definitely the best color-preserving conditioner I've used so far- I like it much better than Redken. It gives enough moisture to make my hair soft and shiny but not so much that my hair gets greasy the day after I use it. I buy the big pump bottles, which are very convenient and hygienic. Will definitely repurchase!

UPDATE 10/5/13: This shampoo and conditioner ended up drying out my hair so I stopped using it. I now use Rusk Being Sexy S&C.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

natural ingredients in this are lilac and ginger, smells FANTASTIC! not sure if it worked any better than other DS conditioners so if i were to repurchase, it would just be for the smell of it. it comes out a light purple color. smaller bottle is about $15.00 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be fair, I haven't used it yet--only because I CAN'T GET THE &*%$#+!!#} THING OPEN. I'm sorry, but when you're spending upwards of $30CDN for just under 1 litre, you kind of expect the damn pump to work. The one for the shampoo popped up right away, so... back it goes. Good thing Zennkai has a return/exchange policy....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an alright conditioner. I used it tonight and left it on for 30 minutes. My hair is soft and shiny but my ends look a little dry. If you hair is normal and you don't need a ton of moisture this is for you. I really like the smell of this conditioner and don't find it to be runny. I think I payed almost $20 dollars for this. I've used cheaper conditioners with better results. I won't buy again just because I don't think its worth the $$$!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

Great conditioner. Always left my dry thick hair feeling soft and silky. I followed the instructions and left it in my hair for 2 or more minutes. I got this in the large 750mL bottle with a pump. I have already repurchased.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I have no problem with how the conditioner leaves my hair feeling, but then again I also have nothing to rave about. It's so-so. The scent is nice, however, and it seems like a basic conditioner for colored hair. I don't know if it's worth the money, though. Cheaper brands work just as well.
My COMPLAINT is that I now suddenly have break-outs all along my hairline since using this shampoo and conditioner! Since that's the only thing I've changed in my routine, they have to be the culprit! I would never buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by trickylittleb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read the comments on the shampoo and it seems that my experience with the revitalizer (conditioner/treatment) is similar - it apparently works best not with natural blonds, but with highlighted or colored hair. I have blond highlights and I noticed they were turning a bit brassy. I used the revitalizer (followed the directions - left on for 10 min, combed through) and the difference was drastic. My hair actualy looked blonder than before, but it did leave my hair really limp and lifeless. So hopefully the blond will stay when I go back to my usual shampoo/conditioner. The price was cheap because I bought it on sale at Target. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by RedJeanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at a discount store. I suppose they changed the packaging and this is why I found it at a Rainbow Food Outlet for $5.99. It was a huge salon sized bottle and I usually like KMS products so I bought a few. I have dyed ,wavy hair and I blow dry the crown and bangs everyday. I have a problem with frizz and some breakage in the front. I really like this conditioner. It is not thick so at first I thought it wouldn't moisturize very well. After I rinsed it out my hair felt silky smooth and was easy to detangle. It also helps keep the color true. Some anti frizz conditioners (like Infusium) tend to darken or remove some of the dye from my hair. This is not marketed as anti frizz but it does help. I use this and then a protein treatment alternately. I don't like pump dispensers for conditioners. I makes it hard to get the last bit out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 2:29:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed, not as drying as the color revitalizer shampoo from KMS, but it is nothing special, I was expecting a rich, luxurious moisture treat for my dry stressed out hair, nothing special at all. Yes the smell is very 'fruit loops'. Not a product I would recommend or try again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sassygirrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Poor quality product that was very expensive. Totally dried out my hair, making it break off when I tried to comb through it. Will never repurchse from this brand.