December 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Mascara - Vincent Longo - Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 8:04:00 AM More reviews by h2okolor

In my quest to find a replacement for my all-time favorite mascara (Dior MaximEyes) I believe I have a winner. The formula is perfect (for me) and the brush works well with the formula. I purchased the brown/black and it's great for my eye/skin tones. I LOVE that I don't have to use an eyelash comb when I use this mascara. No clumping, flaking, smearing. Crossing my fingers (!!!), at this point I'm VERY pleased with this mascara......
Later: I still like this pretty well but won't repurchase - just doesn't have enough UMPH....still searching for a Dior Maximeyes replacement....! (deducted a lippie)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Really like this stuff. Easy to use, creates natural but better lashes. Absolutely NO smearing or flaking - even in heavy rain (and this is the standard, NOT the waterproof). Still there when I get home. Comes off easily with coconut oil. If it gave me slightly more dramatic lashes, then this would be HG. As it stands, this is darned good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YES YES YES! Holy Grail at last! I wanted natural-looking dark fringe with no spider leg-looking stuff, no lengthening fibers (I wear glasses & don't want my lashes rubbing against the lenses), no clumping, no smudging, ease of application, a nice fat brush, and a tube small enough to keep in my go-everywhere mu kit. I found it all! Note, this is NOT a mascara for those who want dramatic lashes; but for those who prefer more natural looking, yet still noticeable, lashes, this is fab. The price is up there with the best of them at $23 a pop. I use this every day and will repurchase when I run out or in three months, whichever comes first.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by hiphopgirl

I am very picky with mascara. Rarely, if ever, do I stumble across one that I have no quibbles with. This is one of those rare ones that completely fills my needs. I have had no problems with clumping whatsoever—this gives a remarkably smooth and even application. This is my every day (note: day) mascara; it thickens and darkens evenly, and it holds a curl well without getting crispy, but it is not a dramatic lengthening mascara. For night I use Diorshow, but I find it to be overall inferior to this one. This has a better shelf life than other mascaras I've used. Too often you buy a mascara that works wonderfully for a week or two, then begins to get gunky or soupy. This one is going strong after a month and a half. I'll update if it goes bad, but I'm pretty sure I'll get my three months out of this.

The only thing I have problems with is the price; it sucks to spend this much on something you'll have to throw away in a couple months. That being said, I wear mascara every day, so I don't want to compromise on it. Until I find a drugstore mascara I like better, this one will be my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ChelsyG

When I first bought this mascara it was because I needed hypoallergenic eye makeup for my sensitive allergy prone eye area. The first thing I love about this mascara is it does not irritate my eyes what-so-ever! I can wear it daily without any problems. Another thing I need in a mascara is its ability to cover my long VERY blonde eyelashes without being clumpy. This is fantastic for that as well! My lashes look so natural and I didnt have to pile on product to cover all the blonde. The brush comes out very clean with just enough product. However, if you want crazy volume and length, this might not impress you. You get very naturally beautiful perfect for daytime lashes with Vincent Longo and I love them. Will buy again!

UPDATE: While I do love the simplicity of this mascara, it unfortunately didnt last long at all. Before I knew it I was out and scrapeing the inside of the tube to cover my lashes. So I've decided it isnt much product for the money. I will try another brand next, and who knows maybe come back.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by minc

Oh wow! This is a fantastic everyday mascara. The brush is THE perfect size for finding every, single lash. This mascara applies like a dream without any clumping whatsoever. The black completely coats my pale blonde lashes in much the same way as Shu's basic mascara, but it doesn't go on as wet, which I really, really like. This isn't really a volumizing formula, but I do notice some lengthening and there is definite lash separation. Basically, just a great mascara for emphasizing and darkening your own lashes! I'm pleased with everything except the packaging, which looks/feels kinda cheap. I wish I'd decided on trying Vincent Longo sooner. I think I've been through every mascara brand at Sephora...with very mixed results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you're a person who's looking for dramatic lashes, this is not the mascara for you. However, if you're in the market for a lash tint that will never, ever clump, Vincent Longo's mascara is the one for you.

I have naturally long, thick, pale lashes. So long that I've had more than a few makeup artists tell me I've got the longest lashes they've ever seen. But don't hate me because my lashes are beautiful: it is damn near impossible to wear most mascaras without looking like a drag queen.

Vincent Longo is my old stand-by for day, or for when I'm wearing a strong lip. The basic effect it gives is as if you've dyed your lashes, which is unfortunately not legal in NYC. This mascara is the closest you're going to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by kcasset

Hands down, the best mascara for day-to-day activites. While it might not be dramatic enough for evening, it gave length, didn't clump, and looked natural. Every time I wear it, I get compliments on my lashes and people beg to know what mascara it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by verarespirawho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara gave a beautiful fan-like effect, if that is what you are after in a mascara. I am not; although I do not tolerate clumping, I prefer something with a little more volume. This also seemed to go kinda limp throughout the day, although it didn't smudge on me. The color is a decent intensity, fairly glossy, but the real draw-back to this mascara is that it flaked big time on me :(! Also, it dried out my lashes. Do not sigh, I've found my HG elsewhere in MF 2000 Calorie (see my review). Widely available at Sephora/Dept. stores, but the price is kind of steep IMO for a mediocre product at best. The packaging, although sleek and attractive, ain't so great because it doesn't seem to close tightly enough and thus is prone to dry out (hence the flaking on me, perhaps?).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by aseret

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have long been in search of a mascara that did not smudge, flake, clump or make my eyelashes so heavy they droop and look short and stiff. Vincent Longo is my choice so far. The only thing keeping it from a fifth star is that it smudges slightly - but in fairness, everything smudges on me and it may be more me and less to do with the mascara!