November 21, 2014 | 930 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Active Daily Moisture Lotion SPF 15 For all Skin types

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by amandab2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first bottle, I think it's more SPF than moisturizer. I'm oily skinned, but it's not hydrating enough for me if that makes sense. So when I use this, I still use have to use another moisturizer to satisfy me.
It doesn't sink it fast enough for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by offender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The product inside the messy bottle is wonderful! I have been using the Ideal moisture product for quite a few months, then all of a sudden I could no longer find it anywhere. So after giving up, I switched to this product, which I think I like better. Yet the bottle is very messy. You have tp pour the lotion out of the bottle. The texture makes a lot pour out or none! So I have to scrape the excess back into the bottle or try to find some skin to rub it into!
Either way this lotion's packaging is a hassle to deal with. Yet having said that, the price and product itself are worth it.
My make-up goes on so smooth after applying this face cream, and my skin stays very moisturized for the whole day.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by thelisanator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The packaging was unique, but I hate that I have to manually pour the moisturizer out instead of using a pump. The moisturizer also has a yellow tint to it, and smells a little off. I have oily skin and it leaves my face even more oily. After several uses, I noticed it was breaking me out. I probably wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 5 Lippies (from original 4!) After using this for awhile, this is such a lovely texture - light and silky - and really hydrates my combo-sensitive skin. Easy to find at big-box stores or amazon.com for less than 7 bucks. It is just the right consistency... and I like to use this as my daily face lotion more than my Lancome daily moisturizer. It just absorbs right into the skin... and is super inexpensive. Just wish they would redesign the cap opening - it's too big and too much blobs out:(

I am a Lancome Girl but I wanted to experiment with her parent company's version of a good daily moisturizer. The bottle is super cute, but what drives me nuts is the opening is so wide I ended up dispensing more than I needed - super wasteful. They need to put a little stopper spout on it please. Even if I pay a little more for the design package, at least I won't be wasting a huge blob each time I try to use some. With that said, I am starting to become a L'oreal fan for my drugstore beauty needs.

The scent is fresh, clean and light. It seems to go away within minutes after you apply it - but I don't mind it at all. However, it could possible trigger an allergic reaction. It feels like a light liquid and just sinks into your skin. I didn't feel any burning or stinging - which often happens when I try out new products. Seems very gentle. It feels much lighter than the Olay products I've used in the past. I like that there is shea butter in the formulation - Dr. Oz recommends using it to help keep our skin looking smoother longer. I have even tried using pure shea, but found the natural scent of shea butter very bothersome. This is blended into a light formulation. Also, there is some apricot kernal oil in it as well. I wouldn't mind stretching my Lancome products and using this periodical when I won't be outside requiring the SPF 30 that is in my Bienfait cream - that runs $46 per 1.7 oz! This budget-beauty product cost me $6.97 for 4 oz - what a bargain.

So my initial impression: I really like it! I wanted to try it because I'm obsessed with the Hydrafresh Toner and can't get enough of it. I do mix up my products from different lines. Lancome for their Renergie Lift foundation, Bienfait day and night moisturizers, and Genifique serum. I love Olay for their Regenerist serum. Now L'oreal for their toner and this lightweight daily moisturizer. The only way to find out what works for your skin is to try it:) But huge thumbs up for this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

I really like this product. My skin ranges from very oily in the summer to somewhat dry in the winter. This moisturiser keeps my skin feeling soft and feels wonderful going on. I even enjoy the scent it has. This is the first product that I re-bought in a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've always used the 3 step Clinique system, but I couldn't afford to get it so I decided to give this a try and I'm a bit disappointed! It does moisturize and goes on smooth with the makeup but after an hour later my face looks like its been battered with canola oil! It has made me breakout, very little but still not a good sign. Maybe wearing it alone would be best, I wish it had a pump at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by virgochild101

Rarely do I buy a skincare products from the Loreal brand, however, I was pleasantly suprised when I purchased this moisturizer and discovered how well it worked with my problematic skin. I was in desperate need of a moisturizer with spf and most spf moisturizers leave the skin dry and pasty with a white sticky residue. However, this product left my skin well hydrated with no visible spf residue. This moisturizer blends into my skin very well and keeps my oily skin somewhat balanced. There are a few drawbacks (1) It leaves my skin looking extra shiny (2) It is a little heavy for the summer months, so during this time I use very little (3) the current design of the container makes using this product a little messy. Nonetheless, I've stuck with this product because it is cost efficient, the best out of all the drugstore spf moisturizers, and a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pookie052606

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, it was pretty hydrating, and I liked the way it smelled. I never had a problem with fragrances on my skin, so that didn't bother me.
But for the past two weeks, I noticed that I've been breaking out on my cheeks and other places I've never broke out at before.
I definitely do not recommend this to anyone with even combination skin... it makes you break out like crazy because it's not oil-free.
Now, back to my old moisturizer... Darn me and wanting to try new things, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lisabradyham

This lotion made my skin breakout into hives in epic proportions...so, yeah, if I could give it a negative rating I would. Btw, I am hyper sensitive to creams and lotions, I don't know why I do, but I do, anyways, this is the only lotion I've tried that I broke out into hives that felt like my face was burning...so 5 lippies DOWN!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is not oil-free (all skin types?) and feels greasy and sticky, not hydrating at all. It does work on my dry spots but unless I apply a sheer coverage this stuff is really gross actually. I would not recommend it at all especially not for oily skin.