September 17, 2014 | 1780 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Active Daily Moisture Lotion SPF 15 For all Skin types

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by thelisanator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The packaging was unique, but I hate that I have to manually pour the moisturizer out instead of using a pump. The moisturizer also has a yellow tint to it, and smells a little off. I have oily skin and it leaves my face even more oily. After several uses, I noticed it was breaking me out. I probably wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a Lancome Girl but I wanted to experiment with her parent company's version of a good daily moisturizer. The bottle is super cute, but what drives me nuts is the opening is so wide I ended up dispensing more than I needed - super wasteful. They need to put a little stopper spout on it please. Even if I pay a little more for the design package, at least I won't be wasting a huge blob each time I try to use some. With that said, I am starting to become a L'oreal fan for my drugstore beauty needs.

The scent is fresh, clean and light. It seems to go away within minutes after you apply it - but I don't mind it at all. However, it could possible trigger an allergic reaction. It feels like a light liquid and just sinks into your skin. I didn't feel any burning or stinging - which often happens when I try out new products. Seems very gentle. It feels much lighter than the Olay products I've used in the past. I like that there is shea butter in the formulation - Dr. Oz recommends using it to help keep our skin looking smoother longer. I have even tried using pure shea, but found the natural scent of shea butter very bothersome. This is blended into a light formulation. Also, there is some apricot kernal oil in it as well. I wouldn't mind stretching my Lancome products and using this periodical when I won't be outside requiring the SPF 30 that is in my Bienfait cream - that runs $46 per 1.7 oz! This budget-beauty product cost me $6.97 for 4 oz - what a bargain.

So my initial impression: I really like it! I wanted to try it because I'm obsessed with the Hydrafresh Toner and can't get enough of it. I do mix up my products from different lines. Lancome for their Renergie Lift foundation, Bienfait day and night moisturizers, and Genifique serum. I love Olay for their Regenerist serum. Now L'oreal for their toner and this lightweight daily moisturizer. The only way to find out what works for your skin is to try it:) But huge thumbs up for this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mmccartney

I really like this product. My skin ranges from very oily in the summer to somewhat dry in the winter. This moisturiser keeps my skin feeling soft and feels wonderful going on. I even enjoy the scent it has. This is the first product that I re-bought in a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've always used the 3 step Clinique system, but I couldn't afford to get it so I decided to give this a try and I'm a bit disappointed! It does moisturize and goes on smooth with the makeup but after an hour later my face looks like its been battered with canola oil! It has made me breakout, very little but still not a good sign. Maybe wearing it alone would be best, I wish it had a pump at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by virgochild101

Rarely do I buy a skincare products from the Loreal brand, however, I was pleasantly suprised when I purchased this moisturizer and discovered how well it worked with my problematic skin. I was in desperate need of a moisturizer with spf and most spf moisturizers leave the skin dry and pasty with a white sticky residue. However, this product left my skin well hydrated with no visible spf residue. This moisturizer blends into my skin very well and keeps my oily skin somewhat balanced. There are a few drawbacks (1) It leaves my skin looking extra shiny (2) It is a little heavy for the summer months, so during this time I use very little (3) the current design of the container makes using this product a little messy. Nonetheless, I've stuck with this product because it is cost efficient, the best out of all the drugstore spf moisturizers, and a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pookie052606

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first, it was pretty hydrating, and I liked the way it smelled. I never had a problem with fragrances on my skin, so that didn't bother me.
But for the past two weeks, I noticed that I've been breaking out on my cheeks and other places I've never broke out at before.
I definitely do not recommend this to anyone with even combination skin... it makes you break out like crazy because it's not oil-free.
Now, back to my old moisturizer... Darn me and wanting to try new things, lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2010 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lisabradyham

This lotion made my skin breakout into hives in epic proportions...so, yeah, if I could give it a negative rating I would. Btw, I am hyper sensitive to creams and lotions, I don't know why I do, but I do, anyways, this is the only lotion I've tried that I broke out into hives that felt like my face was burning...so 5 lippies DOWN!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is not oil-free (all skin types?) and feels greasy and sticky, not hydrating at all. It does work on my dry spots but unless I apply a sheer coverage this stuff is really gross actually. I would not recommend it at all especially not for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bpjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this moisturizer for a couple years now. There is nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. I have combination skin with some dry patches. I tend to stay away from mattifying lotions because I feel like they make my skin produce even more oil. This moisturizer seems like an all around well-balanced moisturizer. It's pretty lightweight and moisturizes well. The scent kind of reminds me of charmkins (an old toy). It comes in a bottle with a screw top lid. The lotion is a pale yellow, buttery color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by emgb

I really loved this for the first week or so of using it, but as of the past few days, it has made me break out really badly. It's really irritating since my skin was starting to clear up a little with my new, attempted regimen. Now it is gross again. =[ It's just too greasy. I will have to go back to the Dove moisturizer I used before that I was sick of, but at least it didn't break me out.