April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Shampoo and Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ChloeZoe

Honestly, my first hair dresser suggested this to me, and I used it for about 1 year, until I got a new hair dresser who was utterly shocked to see me using this product.

First of all, it made my hair EXTREMELY dry. I already have very fine, and thin hair and it made it easy to get split ends. I find that it only temporarily moisturizes your hair and it makes it very dry and frizzy.

Second, it causes hair loss. When my second hair dresser cut my hair, she said that i had significantly very little hair. I also started noticing that every day when I brush my hair, a LOT comes out. This also happens to be when I'm washing my hair with this product.

Last, this product smells and feels very nice, but is very misleading. (Especially the advertisements)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ssullivan173

A few years ago I went to a new stylist. she immediately, like the dozens of professionals before her, commented on how my hair was some of the softest & strongest blonde hair she had ever worked with. needless to say she asked what I used. I told her nothing but pantene for 15 years (since the commercial of jane seymour tying hers in a knot in the 1990s), and she ofcourse gave me the speech about the wax in it and blah blah blah.
It is actually frightening how people react when they hear unsubstantiated rumors about a product. what ever happened to doing some unbiased research? hairstylists are often trying to sell a certain brand and whether these rumors are intentionally misleading or due to misinformation on their p0art I have no idea but these idiotic rumors are perpetuated none the less.

Fact:
Pantene does NOT have a wax in it.
The ingredient similar to teflon is a form of silicone found in dozens of makeup & haircare products
The formula of pantene products is almost the same as fructis where it counts. (First 3-4 ingredients. 1% rule means if an ingredient accounts for less than 1 part per 100 it can be listed in ANY ORDER)
PPantene is one of the largest brands in the country. P&G Has an astronomical research budget and has beaten the best salon brands in blind tests over and over for decades. because of this doesn't it make sense that maybe, just maybe, salon brands need to try to knock the big guy first?

As for hair loss, I can't speak for everyone but I know that I lose prob 80-90 strands per day in the shower, but I don't shed at all the rest of the day & most people lose 100. its highly doubtful these claims of "hair loss" are substantial clclaims since if even 2% were true and proveable that pantene was the cause, can you imagine the class action law suit? its P&G FOR gods sake. they make tide, gain, olay, covergirl and a deamon potion that balds american women? doubtful at best.
I've used dozens of expensive brands, I don't abuse my hair and I always go back to pantene. use common sense and do your research- google ingredients, not beauty blogs. get information from LEGITIMATE EXPERTS. hair stylists are stylists, not expert chemists, researchers, product developers or salesmen. I mean no disrespect towards hairdressers as I believe they are just repeating what they are told from pantenes competitors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

When I go to someone's house and see this in their shower, I literally cringe and want to do them the honors of throwing it away. It has to be the most horrid shampoo/conditioner on the market... It causes buildup of "cones" in your hair and causes hair to fall out by the handfuls. So glad I threw it in the garbage before I went bald!!! yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pantene caused my hair to fall out in fist fulls every time I shampooed!! SO freaking glad i figured it out before I was completely bald. F this stupid crap man, it's going in the garbage. Or back to the store with a complaint. I'm not sure yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since i was 10, on and off. It's a decent product, the smell is quite nice. But it seems to cause quite a bit of hair loss and apparently, it leaves residue in your hair that just makes it seem shiny rather than actually nourishing it - not sure if thats true.

I would not buy this again only because I know that there are better products out there but i really like the scent and pantene does a decent job when i wash my hair :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by brookester

This is the worst shampoo I have ever used in my life .. I had to live with this stuff for six months !! and every morning I woke up I had the worst residue build up in my hair it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in a month it was disgusting . worst shampoo ever DO NOT BUY THIS SHAMPOO

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by NoAverageGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im 14 years old and i used this product and it made my hair fall out like crazy to the point where i was crying because i thought i was going bald. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT PLEASE! I use to have very thin hair and now i have thick hair because of Mane N' Tale !

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by amburger98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 14 years old, and i already have fair, thin hair as it is. I just recently started using this shampoo and conditioner. At first this product is great, and then after a week or so of usage my hair stated falling out and the ends of my hair stated splitting very badly. For people with thin hair I have learned not to use hair products with the ingredient cearitine, or shampoos and conditioners that say repairs damage because it is actually making your hair more dry and brittle. It is recommended to use voluminous shampoos and conditioners for these hair conditions. This products worked great on my hair: mane 'n tail, biolage and wen products and also a good website for discounts on good hair products is iHerb.com

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by kittypups4444

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by shannonhunt1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Reformulation is awful, grew up on this product for years, LOVED it especially in the early 90"s. The product today is completely different. Still searching for a good reasonably priced shampoo that smells decent/not overpowering and is moisturizing but not oily. Sigh...