Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner

1.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/31/2015 12:13:00 AM

I use various creamy shampoo formulations and a leave-in. And I don't get the Pantene hate.
They lather awesomely, smell great, don't fry my skin, and even the regular shampoos often don't need a rinse conditioner in the shower. They're color-safe and very luxurious.
Why does this product line get torn apart?
It's become the pariah of the shampoo world and it really shouldn't because what more do people need from a hair wash?
It cleans. It conditions. It's fragrant. It keeps color. It leaves silky skin behind. Yeah, I can see why Pantene needs to go.
Despite the rather obnoxious ads featuring celebrities who sit for three hours in a makeup chair prior to filming--we aren't stupid--the stuff actually works nicely. Did I buy these shampoos because a famous person told me to do so? No. I used trial and error. I've made my decision: I like Pantene.
If you browse the ingredients list, you'll find similarities between these and many other shampoos. Except at least Pantene doesn't cost a fortune, comes in HUGE bottles, and you can switch around between formulas with reliable results.
I hope they never stop making these.

on 2/17/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of those products you don't know how bad it is until you try something new. Weighs your hair down and my hair was always greasy by the end of the day! I had no idea this wasn't normal. Awful. I've been using it for years never going back

I love the smell, it made my hair very brittle but shiny...

on 11/11/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently started using Pantene again after about 15 - 20 years of not using it. My favorite brand has been going up in price, and although it does a nice job, I thought I could find a better value, so I remembered that I used to like Pantene as a teenager.

I bought the regular shampoo and conditioner. I noticed that the lather didn't feel anywhere close to my old brand; it felt cheap and just not right. I thought maybe it was just me, so I continued to use it.

Well, 3 weeks later (I bought the big bottles), my hair is so brittle and coarse. I'm literally "shedding". I clean out my brush, and within a week, it looks like I haven't done so in a year. When I "wring out" my hair after a shower, multiple strands come out each time. I'm not talking one or two, I'm talking at least 10 or more at once.

I have changed nothing else to my hair care routine, so this is the only thing I can attribute it to. I'm going back to my old brand, and will follow up on this review in a couple of weeks. I'm also going to seek the advice of my stylist when I see her next week. All I can say is Thank Heavens I have very thick hair. If not, I would be half bald by now from using Pantene.

on 10/17/2014 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a good product in any categories I've tried. How can stars endorse that crap?

When Pantene came out 30 years ago, it cost $5-$6 for a much smaller bottle than today and it was quality ladies. (or thought so at the time)😊 It deteriorated since then. Later on, I asked a woman at work who had such lushy and healthy hair what shampoo she used and when she said Pantene, I couldn't believe my ears. She must have had really good genes or something.

If the company that produces those products put the money into their products instead of in ads that nobody believes in, maybe there'd be more users.

on 10/12/2014 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is absolutely the worst product I have ever used. Save your money and buy another brand. I bought the classic care shampoo + conditioner 2n1 and used it twice. Each time it made my scalp itch and dried my hair out. I don't know what the ingredients are but something in there is horrible. I have to spend so much time moisturizing it with another conditioner and then moisturizing it with creams/oils once it is dry. I remember Pantene being pretty good when I was a kid (in the 90s) but now...it's garbage.

Pantene shampoos & Conditioners are GARBAGE. If you are smart you will NOT buy this crap and use it. If you will look on the back of their bottles at the ingredient list, you will see they use 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF ALCOHOL listed as being in the products plus Laurel sulfate which will strip the shit out of your hair. They also have sodium chloride in there which is like bleach and that will screw with your hair too. This stuff is VERY bad for your hair. DO NOT BUY IT.

Do yourself and your hair a favor and look on the internet and find yourself some organic shampoos that are SULFATE and PARABEN FREE. Those will not dry your hair out. An excellent shampoo and conditioner that I know of and have personally used is Aveda Shampure. This shampoo is made of 21 pure plant and flower extracts and it is sooo nice. It will make your hair smell great and feel so soft. And also Aveda Shampure Conditioner. Its a little spendy but its oh so worth it. Amazon.com has a huge listing of these types of shampoos and conditioners also.

on 8/1/2014 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutely terrible. If you truly love your hair, then i highly recommend staying far away from this product.

Gosh...hell in a bottle. I never liked Pantene...I used other products all my life but recently, there was this BB 10 Pantene or something...My gut feeling was to stay away from Pantene but I ignored it and bought it...Sighs. I came out of the shower with hair that felt so stiff!!! I was wondering what the heck happened to my hair!!! Styling it was difficult and it felt like I had glue in it! It was very dry too!!! I also had bought the overnight miracle by Pantene and it did nothing to fix that mess! What garbage...Luckily, I stopped using it before it got any worst. I got a clarifying shampoo and a conditioner (Garnier) and got the junk out...My hair is light, nice and soft again...I always knew this stuff was evil...Shame on me;).

on 6/20/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wish I can give this brand a ZERO!!! Every time I shampooed my hair with it, it would fall out like crazy! I would literally have about 5-6 strands of hair in my hands ever single time ran my fingers through it while rinsing. It was starting to scare the heck out of me because I didn't know why it was happening. I figured it out when I decided to try another shampoo I had on hand to see if the same thing happened...and nope, nothing came out! I totally dumped Pantene and will never use it again. I am just glad that I wasn't completely bald by the time I figured it out!