November 27, 2014 | 1448 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Shampoo and Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by JP79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just recently started using Pantene again after about 15 - 20 years of not using it. My favorite brand has been going up in price, and although it does a nice job, I thought I could find a better value, so I remembered that I used to like Pantene as a teenager.

I bought the regular shampoo and conditioner. I noticed that the lather didn't feel anywhere close to my old brand; it felt cheap and just not right. I thought maybe it was just me, so I continued to use it.

Well, 3 weeks later (I bought the big bottles), my hair is so brittle and coarse. I'm literally "shedding". I clean out my brush, and within a week, it looks like I haven't done so in a year. When I "wring out" my hair after a shower, multiple strands come out each time. I'm not talking one or two, I'm talking at least 10 or more at once.

I have changed nothing else to my hair care routine, so this is the only thing I can attribute it to. I'm going back to my old brand, and will follow up on this review in a couple of weeks. I'm also going to seek the advice of my stylist when I see her next week. All I can say is Thank Heavens I have very thick hair. If not, I would be half bald by now from using Pantene.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Papillon999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not a good product in any categories I've tried. How can stars endorse that crap?

When Pantene came out 30 years ago, it cost $5-$6 for a much smaller bottle than today and it was quality ladies. (or thought so at the time)😊 It deteriorated since then. Later on, I asked a woman at work who had such lushy and healthy hair what shampoo she used and when she said Pantene, I couldn't believe my ears. She must have had really good genes or something.

If the company that produces those products put the money into their products instead of in ads that nobody believes in, maybe there'd be more users.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by LydiaGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the worst product I have ever used. Save your money and buy another brand. I bought the classic care shampoo + conditioner 2n1 and used it twice. Each time it made my scalp itch and dried my hair out. I don't know what the ingredients are but something in there is horrible. I have to spend so much time moisturizing it with another conditioner and then moisturizing it with creams/oils once ir is dry. I remember Pantene being pretty good when I was a kid (in the 90s) but now...it's garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kayerobinson1

Pantene shampoos & Conditioners are GARBAGE. If you are smart you will NOT buy this crap and use it. If you will look on the back of their bottles at the ingredient list, you will see they use 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF ALCOHOL listed as being in the products plus Laurel sulfate which will strip the shit out of your hair. They also have sodium chloride in there which is like bleach and that will screw with your hair too. This stuff is VERY bad for your hair. DO NOT BUY IT.

Do yourself and your hair a favor and look on the internet and find yourself some organic shampoos that are SULFATE and PARABEN FREE. Those will not dry your hair out. An excellent shampoo and conditioner that I know of and have personally used is Aveda Shampure. This shampoo is made of 21 pure plant and flower extracts and it is sooo nice. It will make your hair smell great and feel so soft. And also Aveda Shampure Conditioner. Its a little spendy but its oh so worth it. Amazon.com has a huge listing of these types of shampoos and conditioners also.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is absolutely terrible. If you truly love your hair, then i highly recommend staying far away from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by LilyFlower1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gosh...hell in a bottle. I never liked Pantene...I used other products all my life but recently, there was this BB 10 Pantene or something...My gut feeling was to stay away from Pantene but I ignored it and bought it...Sighs. I came out of the shower with hair that felt so stiff!!! I was wondering what the heck happened to my hair!!! Styling it was difficult and it felt like I had glue in it! It was very dry too!!! I also had bought the overnight miracle by Pantene and it did nothing to fix that mess! What garbage...Luckily, I stopped using it before it got any worst. I got a clarifying shampoo and a conditioner (Garnier) and got the junk out...My hair is light, nice and soft again...I always knew this stuff was evil...Shame on me;).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by MzLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I can give this brand a ZERO!!! Every time I shampooed my hair with it, it would fall out like crazy! I would literally have about 5-6 strands of hair in my hands ever single time ran my fingers through it while rinsing. It was starting to scare the heck out of me because I didn't know why it was happening. I figured it out when I decided to try another shampoo I had on hand to see if the same thing happened...and nope, nothing came out! I totally dumped Pantene and will never use it again. I am just glad that I wasn't completely bald by the time I figured it out!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by airam1997

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is getting one lipstick tube, only because I can't give it ZERO. It is the most useless product on the market. I have used many shampoos and conditioners in my life, this is the only one that caused my hair to fall out! Not just a few strands here and there, but MAJOR clumps. I didn't put two and two together until my husband mentioned that it could be the Pantene. I started reading what other people were saying about this shampoo/conditioner and felt instant relief to know that I am not the only one who has had this problem. I tossed it in the dumpster as soon as I figured out what was going on. NEVER waste your hard earned cash on Pantene. It smells good and the bottle is pretty, but inside is a vile and disgusting product that will thin out your hair. I cannot stress enough that you should not use this horrible shampoo. I don't even understand why it hasn't been removed from stores. Just YUCK.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Oh, Pantene...if only I hated your smell, maybe I would quit falling for you. We have been down this road before...and it never ends well. Remember college? For two years I worshiped you because now I had moved up to "Pantene" instead of the strawberry Suave my folks always bought. You smelled so good, you had Kelly LeBrock in the 80's...how could this ever be bad? But once you lured me in with your wonderful smell, I didn't notice my hair getting drier and drier. I thought it was just time for big cut. So, once I realized you were the culprit and we were no good for each other, I moved on. Fast forward to the ad agency in my 20's and that intern who had the most gorgeous hair (she could have used Borox & had gorgeous hair) and that Pantene smell...so I tried you again...and you dried me out, again. I swore you off...it's been 15 years at least now. But I see these ratings for this conditioner and I get sucked in again. Maybe these young kids saying Pantene gets a bad rap are right, maybe I am stuck with who you used to be. So, once more I try you. At least this time you showed your true colors sooner than later. You & your "Moisture Renewal" left my hair parched and dry feeling...shiny yes, that is how you suck us all in. But now that I am older & wiser I know to get past the outside and look deeper. And I don't like what you do to me. To quote a song/artist who is really getting on my nerves...Pantene..."We are never, ever getting back together...like ever."

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalitys

Oh I just LOVE this June 9 comment!! Since the other day when I posted my complaint, I have spoken to so many with the same issues. I placed a call into L'Oreal yesterday and it may as well have been a case for the CIA! I had to give lot numbers..all the shampoos from them I used it. Where...frequency OMG! If it weren't so important that I warn the public about this crap I would have hung up. She is issuing me a check for $16 to cover my expenses.. What about all the stuff I had to buy to try to straighten it all out? Well using a different shampoo and rinse.. No fallout at all! I encourage you all to file a complaint with P&G and let them know your story. Number on their bottles of poison!