August 23, 2014 | 1065 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Shampoo and Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kayerobinson1

Pantene shampoos & Conditioners are GARBAGE. If you are smart you will NOT buy this crap and use it. If you will look on the back of their bottles at the ingredient list, you will see they use 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF ALCOHOL listed as being in the products plus Laurel sulfate which will strip the shit out of your hair. They also have sodium chloride in there which is like bleach and that will screw with your hair too. This stuff is VERY bad for your hair. DO NOT BUY IT.

Do yourself and your hair a favor and look on the internet and find yourself some organic shampoos that are SULFATE and PARABEN FREE. Those will not dry your hair out. An excellent shampoo and conditioner that I know of and have personally used is Aveda Shampure. This shampoo is made of 21 pure plant and flower extracts and it is sooo nice. It will make your hair smell great and feel so soft. And also Aveda Shampure Conditioner. Its a little spendy but its oh so worth it. Amazon.com has a huge listing of these types of shampoos and conditioners also.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is absolutely terrible. If you truly love your hair, then i highly recommend staying far away from this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by LilyFlower1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gosh...hell in a bottle. I never liked Pantene...I used other products all my life but recently, there was this BB 10 Pantene or something...My gut feeling was to stay away from Pantene but I ignored it and bought it...Sighs. I came out of the shower with hair that felt so stiff!!! I was wondering what the heck happened to my hair!!! Styling it was difficult and it felt like I had glue in it! It was very dry too!!! I also had bought the overnight miracle by Pantene and it did nothing to fix that mess! What garbage...Luckily, I stopped using it before it got any worst. I got a clarifying shampoo and a conditioner (Garnier) and got the junk out...My hair is light, nice and soft again...I always knew this stuff was evil...Shame on me;).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by MzLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I can give this brand a ZERO!!! Every time I shampooed my hair with it, it would fall out like crazy! I would literally have about 5-6 strands of hair in my hands ever single time ran my fingers through it while rinsing. It was starting to scare the heck out of me because I didn't know why it was happening. I figured it out when I decided to try another shampoo I had on hand to see if the same thing happened...and nope, nothing came out! I totally dumped Pantene and will never use it again. I am just glad that I wasn't completely bald by the time I figured it out!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by airam1997

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is getting one lipstick tube, only because I can't give it ZERO. It is the most useless product on the market. I have used many shampoos and conditioners in my life, this is the only one that caused my hair to fall out! Not just a few strands here and there, but MAJOR clumps. I didn't put two and two together until my husband mentioned that it could be the Pantene. I started reading what other people were saying about this shampoo/conditioner and felt instant relief to know that I am not the only one who has had this problem. I tossed it in the dumpster as soon as I figured out what was going on. NEVER waste your hard earned cash on Pantene. It smells good and the bottle is pretty, but inside is a vile and disgusting product that will thin out your hair. I cannot stress enough that you should not use this horrible shampoo. I don't even understand why it hasn't been removed from stores. Just YUCK.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Oh, Pantene...if only I hated your smell, maybe I would quit falling for you. We have been down this road before...and it never ends well. Remember college? For two years I worshiped you because now I had moved up to "Pantene" instead of the strawberry Suave my folks always bought. You smelled so good, you had Kelly LeBrock in the 80's...how could this ever be bad? But once you lured me in with your wonderful smell, I didn't notice my hair getting drier and drier. I thought it was just time for big cut. So, once I realized you were the culprit and we were no good for each other, I moved on. Fast forward to the ad agency in my 20's and that intern who had the most gorgeous hair (she could have used Borox & had gorgeous hair) and that Pantene smell...so I tried you again...and you dried me out, again. I swore you off...it's been 15 years at least now. But I see these ratings for this conditioner and I get sucked in again. Maybe these young kids saying Pantene gets a bad rap are right, maybe I am stuck with who you used to be. So, once more I try you. At least this time you showed your true colors sooner than later. You & your "Moisture Renewal" left my hair parched and dry feeling...shiny yes, that is how you suck us all in. But now that I am older & wiser I know to get past the outside and look deeper. And I don't like what you do to me. To quote a song/artist who is really getting on my nerves...Pantene..."We are never, ever getting back together...like ever."

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Whimsicalitys

Oh I just LOVE this June 9 comment!! Since the other day when I posted my complaint, I have spoken to so many with the same issues. I placed a call into L'Oreal yesterday and it may as well have been a case for the CIA! I had to give lot numbers..all the shampoos from them I used it. Where...frequency OMG! If it weren't so important that I warn the public about this crap I would have hung up. She is issuing me a check for $16 to cover my expenses.. What about all the stuff I had to buy to try to straighten it all out? Well using a different shampoo and rinse.. No fallout at all! I encourage you all to file a complaint with P&G and let them know your story. Number on their bottles of poison!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ChloeZoe

Honestly, my first hair dresser suggested this to me, and I used it for about 1 year, until I got a new hair dresser who was utterly shocked to see me using this product.

First of all, it made my hair EXTREMELY dry. I already have very fine, and thin hair and it made it easy to get split ends. I find that it only temporarily moisturizes your hair and it makes it very dry and frizzy.

Second, it causes hair loss. When my second hair dresser cut my hair, she said that i had significantly very little hair. I also started noticing that every day when I brush my hair, a LOT comes out. This also happens to be when I'm washing my hair with this product.

Last, this product smells and feels very nice, but is very misleading. (Especially the advertisements)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ssullivan173

A few years ago I went to a new stylist. she immediately, like the dozens of professionals before her, commented on how my hair was some of the softest & strongest blonde hair she had ever worked with. needless to say she asked what I used. I told her nothing but pantene for 15 years (since the commercial of jane seymour tying hers in a knot in the 1990s), and she ofcourse gave me the speech about the wax in it and blah blah blah.
It is actually frightening how people react when they hear unsubstantiated rumors about a product. what ever happened to doing some unbiased research? hairstylists are often trying to sell a certain brand and whether these rumors are intentionally misleading or due to misinformation on their p0art I have no idea but these idiotic rumors are perpetuated none the less.

Fact:
Pantene does NOT have a wax in it.
The ingredient similar to teflon is a form of silicone found in dozens of makeup & haircare products
The formula of pantene products is almost the same as fructis where it counts. (First 3-4 ingredients. 1% rule means if an ingredient accounts for less than 1 part per 100 it can be listed in ANY ORDER)
PPantene is one of the largest brands in the country. P&G Has an astronomical research budget and has beaten the best salon brands in blind tests over and over for decades. because of this doesn't it make sense that maybe, just maybe, salon brands need to try to knock the big guy first?

As for hair loss, I can't speak for everyone but I know that I lose prob 80-90 strands per day in the shower, but I don't shed at all the rest of the day & most people lose 100. its highly doubtful these claims of "hair loss" are substantial clclaims since if even 2% were true and proveable that pantene was the cause, can you imagine the class action law suit? its P&G FOR gods sake. they make tide, gain, olay, covergirl and a deamon potion that balds american women? doubtful at best.
I've used dozens of expensive brands, I don't abuse my hair and I always go back to pantene. use common sense and do your research- google ingredients, not beauty blogs. get information from LEGITIMATE EXPERTS. hair stylists are stylists, not expert chemists, researchers, product developers or salesmen. I mean no disrespect towards hairdressers as I believe they are just repeating what they are told from pantenes competitors.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

When I go to someone's house and see this in their shower, I literally cringe and want to do them the honors of throwing it away. It has to be the most horrid shampoo/conditioner on the market... It causes buildup of "cones" in your hair and causes hair to fall out by the handfuls. So glad I threw it in the garbage before I went bald!!! yuck!