Bikini Zone

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The foul fishy smell on this stuff is really worrisome and I find this doesn't really do anything to prevent ingrown hair, even after prolonged daily use. I find vitamin E oil and aloe to work fairly well for ingrowns. What I do like to use this product for is for soothing irritation. One application typically keeps any stinging away after shaving.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Didn't do a thing for my ingrown on my bikini line at all. It did have cooling/soothing effect, but honestly I think I could have bought a tube of plain aloe vera with lidocaine and gotten the exact same effect this stuff gave for way cheaper.

I had my first brazilian wax and several hours later, the area was super sensitive. By day 2 I had these little whiteheads in my most private area! It was so painful to the touch and by day 3 I knew I had to get something for it. Bikini zone was pretty much the only product offered in Shoppers, and for around $10 I was only too willing to give it a try. What I liked about it is that it also includes 2% lidocaine in the ingredients (numbing effect commonly used in the dentist's office).

This dried up my white bumps in about 4 hours, and in 2 days, I was not only pain-free, but the area started looking presentable again. The only gripe I have is the packaging. The product is a very watery gel and when I pop off the lid, I'd have to be careful not to spill it, and if I'm not careful, I get way more product than I'd want.

Give this a try if you're experiencing tenderness and whiteheads! It honestly saved me.

I really love this product!! It is amazing!!! Removes hair without the trouble of shaving. Great!! But, it STINKS!! It smells so bad!! After washing myself I could still smell it. >.<

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was pretty hesitant to buy this product after reading some of the negative reviews but thank god I went to get some of this stuff anyway!

From my personal experience, this product worked like a charm. The irritation and red bumps went away 5 minutes after application! This is now my holy grail and it makes shaving (down there) less scary and bothersome.

I would recommend this product to anyone. Just give it a try!

This works AMAZINGLY!! seriously before I bought it I was looking through reviews and came up to some of the reviews on this website. At first I wasn't convinced but still decided to try for myself. This stuff works like a charm. Definitely buying it forever. The smell really wasn't that bad i dont know why everyones making it a big deal. But honestly it works. I cant say it enough. My area down there looked like it was infested by something because it was swollen, prickly, I had scars, it was itchy, ingrown hairs, red bumps, even dryness. I mean it couldnt have been worse. So the 2 days after just waiting for the hair to just grow back so i can give up i showered and literally used 2 pea sized drops of this cream all over my area and I can tell you from now, there is no swelling, no redness and zero bumps. I mean seriously I dont ever write reviews about things ive used but this cream just needed it. AMAZING, officially my life saver!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I agree, it's "ok". It's a sticky gel and feels kind of gross and fake and stings a bit too if I remember. You want to know what works and is better!? SHEA MOISTURE TEA TREE HERBAL BUMP PREVENTER!!! Amazing. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=156775
Check it out.

This stuff? Ug. Glad I found something better!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is... Okay... Better than nothing. I recently developed sensitive skin and started shaving my legs more and I have horribly bad razor bumps, to the point now that I have heavy scarring on my thighs and legs!! I have to put this on ad soon as I dry off, I can't even wait a half hour after I get ready or something, but it has greatly reduced them. Smells icky and I go through it within one to two weeks and it costs a fortune!! Lame. Until I find something better, I guess I'll be using this because without it I'd be itching and picking, eww

EDIT: this is about a year later from my first review. I've learned that you need to apply a thin layer, not slather it on. I use it on my thighs. I can tell a big difference when I don't use it, but it doesn't completely get rid of my razor bumps. I go through a tube about every two weeks or so.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I read several reviews on Bikini Zone products and learned that the best bet in this product line was the Medicated Bikini Zone gel. I have to agree that this definitely minimizes irritation and soothes skin after waxing. I will also apply a small amount of this and let it sit for a minute to numb skin before tweezing. I think that for best results with ingrown hairs you need to really exfoliate well and use a product like Tend Skin or Skin Tight on a regular basis.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

It smells like fish. I couldn't deal with the smell.