December 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lips - Wet 'n' Wild - Entire Product Line

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by BeatUrMug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried all of the Bronzers and absolutely loved it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by SickStyles

Totally have to chime in here. I have just recently been reintroduced to WNW, and really felt it necessary to say something.

Like most of the women on here, I used WNW when I was just a wee lass learning how to use all the fun colors of war paint that were available. Then, like a lot of you, I fell victim to the HIGH END makeup lie, and blew a lot of unnecessary cash on MAC frosted eye shadows and Coca-Cola flavored lip gloss from Urban Decay... blah blah blah. You know.. the novelty crap.

Anyway... I have always been a red lipstick kind of gal. I wore Love Junkie and Jezebel by Urban Decay for years. On a whim I decided to get some Max Factor stuff at Target (I think) and was reintroduced back into the world of drug store cosmetics. Over the years I have been living as close to an 'adult' life as possible, and have tried to maintain my cosmetics addiction without totally blowing my rent money, so my brands became 'cheaper.'

Recently, I have found WNW again, and not only was I EXTREMELY pleased that they still made the famous lip liner #666, but they had an extraordinary collection of red lipsticks, the lot of which I could purchase with very little guilt. Now... for the REAL test... I have to say... most of these beautiful lippies glide right on and stay put for quite a while. A little bit of #666 to keep the colors from feathering, and I'm usually good to go for at LEAST half of my work day. The best part about them is they have no taste or smell to get used to, and they blot quite nicely without totally getting rid of the pigments. I'm a total believer now. You will never, ever catch me spending $15 for a stupid lipstick again when I could spend the same money on 15 DIFFERENT lipsticks.

As far as the rest of the cosmetics go, I have found that the MegaImpact mascara is pretty decent for the price, but with as many layers of mascara I wear I could almost even be satisfied with Maybelline Great Lash (yeah, I said it). I have been very pleased to find out that the eyeliners have been very much improved over the past 20 years and glide on easily. Once again, who can beat the price. An eyeliner that performs for a buck??? Brilliant.

I have yet to try the foundations or powders, but I definitely will be as soon as I run out of the foundation I already have. Their concealer works as well as any... at least their stick stuff does. I don't really care about that. Its not my thing.

I'd talk about the nail polish... but all I'll really say is OBSESSED. Totally.

So... yeah... its nice to find out that my 13-year-old self wasn't a total idiot. Screw department store cosmetics. For the price of one application sponge at Sephora I can paint my entire face with WNW.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why everyone is writing reviews on other products when the category is Lips product line. I know it says "entire product line," but this means the entire lips product line. I just like to keep things organized----------------Anyway, now that's out of the way, I would say their lip products, especially the Megalast Matte lipsticks, are superior to their other lip products. As a matter of fact, IMO they are superior to most in the drug store and even rival the HE brands. They are famous for their MAC dupes, many times duping color, finish & consistency. Sure the packaging is cheap, tacky and impractical, but if the packaging were nicer, they wouldn't be so incredibly affordable, right? So, we can risk a few carelessly nicked lipsticks when we can walk into a drugstore and buy 5 gorgeously pigmented l/s for less than one HE l/s, of the same (or nearly the same) quality. At least, I know I can!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I can only write a review on the WnW eye shadows and H20 eyeliners ... I must say I LOVE both! The eye shadows stay put (with or without primer) as does the liner. The shadows are Mega pigmented and wonderful. My only gripe about the shadows would be that I wish there were more matte colors. The palettes have tons of shimmer colors and very few of the matte. I have hooded eyelids so I really need that matte crease color! Other than that, I will buy them every time I see them in the stores. They are SO cheap and very much worth the $3.00. Can't beat that! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kiwi116

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE their eyeliners, contrary to most people... at least in my experience, their eyeliners are very soft and a great color... they last really well...Not necessarily the best quality, but definitely worth replacing for a buck sharpened too many times... I have the olive and purple in the color icon series and use them everyday:) I find them anywhere so they are easy to find and replace if needed:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't think brands like Wet 'n' Wild receive enough credit. Some of their stuff, like their eyeliners and lipsticks, are horrible and terribly made, but their eyeshadows in particular are absolutely phenomenal!
I have the Color Icon Vanity Palette (discontinued, unfortunately), the Color Icon Comfort Zone Palette, and the Color Icon Petal Pusher Palette. In general, all of the Color Icon eyeshadows are awesome!
The pigmentation is just as good as MAC eyeshadows and the staying power is great. Absolutely no creasing whatsoever, and I don't even need a primer with these! Along with the L'Oreal HiP Eyeshadow Duos and the Maybelline Expert Eyes, ExpertWear, and Color Tattoo Eyeshadows, these are one of the best drugstore eyeshadows.
Oh, and not to mention the price tag!!!! Only $5 for the 6-pan palettes and the 8-pan palettes! NOTHING can beat that price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Purplegirl1100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Wet 'n' Wild! I've had no problem with any of the products I've tried except for the Intuitive Blend foundation. The foundation was VERY sheer, and overall just not a good product. I have very sensitive skin, especially on my face. The foundation made my face look like I had sun poisoning.

I love WNW nail polishes, the mega length mascara, and the 99 cent lipsticks the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

For years, I seriously would not go near Wet N Wild with a ten foot pole! Back in the day, my first eyeliner was a navy blue, and I would go to the girls bathroom and see there horror of raccon blue eyes. From then I would ask my girlfriends constantly if my eyeliner was smeared. I was always wiping under my eyes without a mirror, and checking my finger for eyeliner residue in class. Truth be told..the cosmetic addict that I am since childhood...I'd rather use a crappy eyeliner and make it work than no eyeliner at all! Yup, those were the days! I also remember wearing a WNW fuschia lipstick that stained my lips so badly it was hard to get off. I must have looked like a total tramp in 7th grade with the blue eyeliner and the fuschia lipstick! Of course all my friends wore it too! We shared! Hahaha People would say things like...You are too young to wear makeup, you should wear more natural colors, she wears so much makeup, and you pack on too much makeup! And today, I wonder...what was I thinking...I seriously thought it looked great! Lol they were sort of right! I could have not packed it on as much...I guess. Whatever. I love my makeup!

Today, it's a whole new story. All the products in the line are consistantly amazing! I have fallen in love with Wet N Wild the same way I fell in love with MAC cosmetics over a decade ago. Wet N Wild has made some serious changes in the quality of their products. The unique colors are highly pigmented and rival highend department store brands. It is very affordable. And, that is so fabulous because no drugstore brands besides Milani does such uniquely pigmented colors like the colors found in department store makeup lines. I have never broken out from any of their makeup. And, I love that it easily accessable at local drugstores. I'm so glad I gave them another try. This is hands down the best drugstore brand for me. I love their eyeshadows, bronzers, blushes, gel liners, and lipsticks the best! Best bang for the buck ever! I'm glad Wet N Wild are giving the consumer everything we are looking for! I so look forward to each new collection. I so cannot wait for the next one!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Beach

Since I am unemployed now, buying HE makeup is difficult at best! The lipsticks are really good, colors are good and they stay on my lips! Packaging is not too good but for the price, I make allowances for this factor. Great for trying new colors and not spending a fortune. If you are disappointed with the color, it is only $2!! Much better price than HE products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Momeramas

I am pretty shocked to be writing a great review on this line. I can honestly say that I was even scared to use it on my face, especially the foundations, LOL. But since reading some positive reviews I began to try some products & I have found some real little gems here. For example the TInted Moisturizer is great, as is the gel eye liner, and some of the eye shadows. I recently tried a lipstick & it is beautiful! Teens without much money should really read the reviews here on MUA so they can experiment and get a nice look for cheap. I had always thought this was more of a first time makeup line for young girls, but I think they have worked hard to improve their products. They may not all be winners but at least you will not be crying over spending too much.