October 31, 2014 | 963 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by briloveschocolatebunnies

I really do like this stuff. I used it a lot in my college days, and I find myself now coming back to it years later. I wouldn't think of it as a treatment to help treat acne, but I do find that it keeps my acne-prone skin from getting worse and allows you to use retinol at the same time. It also makes a great moisturizer for my combo skin, and make-up looks nice over it. It seems to improve the look of fine lines when on the skin.

I know usually retinol is a nightly thing as it can make your skin sensitive to the sun. However, the directions state that it can be used morning and night. I think the retinol concentration in this cream is very low, honestly. I take off one lippie because they don't state the concentration anywhere---not even on their website. But I use this under make-up (make-up with SPF in it), and I find it really makes my skin look nice. It's hard to find a moisturizer that goes under make-up that won't break me out.

If you have dry skin, you will likely want to avoid this...or use it less frequently. Maybe every other day. The combination of salicyclic acid and retinol can make your skin prone to peeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by SmileNowCriiL8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am sorry to say I hated this product. :( I used it for a few weeks and it made my skin worse instead of better. I broke out in tiny pimples all over my face in places i never had breakouts before. It was also giving me painful acne deep in my skin on my chin and cheeks that was so painful and swollen. I read some things about retinol and the purging process, but I felt as though, for me anyway, the drawbacks outweighed the benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Angel70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am, in an effort to get my skin nice before I celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary at 43, been diligently using this every night and morning along with Neutrogena's Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum. I have had some promising results at the 2-week mark here. I am usually very oily and blemish-prone.I have tried so many treatments and ended it with little to no effects. I am very happy and will be continuing this for some long time to come. I think I can ditch the foundation now!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by melisaRN816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is one of my holy grail products.
I fear (I know it's ridiculous) that they'll discontinue it.
I'm in my late 20's and have some sun damage but also some little pimps that re appear.
I used to have very very very bad acne.
I really love this product- it is gentle on my skin and I fully admit to hoarding it.
It doesn't bother my sensitive skin, my breakouts have noticeably decreased (I've used this other product alongside it-- Bliss labs face peels in the individually wrapped packages) and I use this face product with my clarisonic.
Other than these three products I've mentioned I am a very lazy skin care person.
Usually, the less I do to my skin and the less I put on it, the better.
This really has been a fantastic product for my skin and I'd be really sad if they discontinued it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This advertises that it helps with break outs and wrinkles...which are the 2 problems I battle with on my face. To fight wrinkles I was trying moisturizers that were too emollient and broke me out more than normal and to fight the breakouts I was drying out my skin hence making fine lines look worse...a vicious cycle of counter productivity! This product has salicylic acid to fight break outs and a small amount of retinol to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. For the 1st week or 2 it did break me out, which happens to me when I use any retinol products. In fact, since this cream has a low level of retinol I was surprised to see that it was enough to bring impurities out in my skin, it made me feel like it was working. My dermatologist has prescribed retinol to me which I found WAY too harsh, the exfoliating property in the prescription strength was not something that got better with time, my skin was always dry and irritated. This cream seems to do the trick, albeit slow moving but after about 2-3 weeks it was noticeable. My skin has a shiny glow that I haven't had for several years and is staying relatively break out free. As far as improving the appearance of lines and wrinkles I will need to use this a bit longer to tell but I am sold on it enough to continue using.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by bergafer3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My wrinkles have gone away and my breakouts! It's amazing, it's hard to find in stores by me. But it really works!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I remember buying this a while back. It did nothing to make my acne breakouts any better. Two lippies for not making my face any worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This seems to be helping with my acne, but I can never be sure. I don't have wrinkles so I can't say if it truly does help with that or not. Works well but not well enough for my combination skin with many dry patches. It just isn't moisturizing enough by itself. It isn't greasy at all and soaks into the skin right away. It is also pretty expensive for a drugstore product and doesn't have much in the tube. I wish it was in a pump bottle instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Jenny297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. I am still unsure if i really like it. It seems to work, but then again i still break out. It is almost maintaining my skin condition, so it's not making it worse but not really clearing it up either. However, i do notice my skin tone improving quite abit. Also it really hydrates my skin and i don't need to apply any moisturizer afterwards (which is rare for me). I can't really say if the "retinol" in it is helping with any wrinkles or not. I also have read that retinols and S.A.or any AHA/BHA when used together (can) cancel each other out?. So..this product has helped with my acne, but has not totally cured it. I will continue to use it until i find something better!. I use it once a day at night for treatment of acne. I did use it twice a day but did not notice it working any better. I now use Finacea Gel rec.by my Derm in the a.m. (you can read my review on Finacea here also)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been a Dermalogica user for years, but just this fall/winter when the weather started to turn, my normal Dermalogia moisturizer was not seeming to "cut it". My skin felt tight and dry and flaky all the time. I'm also approaching my mid-30's, so I thought a moisturizer with an anti-aging/wrinkle effect may be beneficial. So, I hopped on MUA and did a search and, based on the reviews for this product, I ran to Ulta and picked it up.

Sadly, after 1 month of use, I'm on the fence with this product...I won't give it a completely horrible review because it did have some good qualities, but....

Pros: It seems to moisturize well and makes my face feel really good (not tight, dry, and not overly-oily either). My cheeks feel super soft and smooth. My pore size on my cheeks seems to have gotten smaller, and my skin tone is definitely more even and seems to have a nice bit of a "glow" to it.

Cons: Since I started using this product, I have started breaking out like you would not believe....worse than I have ever broken out as an adult (I'm now 33). Big, infected, icky, sore, pus-filled pimples that continuously pop up literally in crops around my mouth, chin, and cheekbone areas. I typically have pretty clear skin and am only bothered by an occasional blemish, but I am all of a sudden breaking out like crazy. As soon as one pimple clears up, another pops up...and I am getting several at a time. They are so big and infected that they are taking days and days to dry up. Because of this, I have to heap a BP spot-treatment cream on these blemishes which is now making my skin blotchy and red in the areas I have to treat with BP. I am actually EMBARASSED by my skin right now, and I have not felt that way since I was 13 years old with hormonal teenage acne.

I really wanted to like this product, but I think it's back to Dermalogica I go until I find something else that works better for my skin.