October 21, 2014 | 1343 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Creamy Soap

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Maya02

I have used this product in my early 20s, recommended by 'highly trained people at the cosmetic counter'. As i got older and wiser, i hope, i found out that ingredients matter a lot, especially when you have sensitive, acne prone skin.
So this product didnt do any beneficial things to the skin..
It contains a miriad of skin irritants, abrasives, skin drying agents, highly comedogenic ingredients like myristic acid, lauric acid, alumina, alcohol.. And has a long list of fragrances..

I give a few stars for the good packaging, because it allows you to use til the last drop of product and it really last a long amount of time, even 2-3 years by using it sparingly.

If you have acne problem skin, i wouldnt recomment this, because of the ingredients above.
The same goes for Kanebo mud soap and wash.
You pay a lot because of the brand name..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Katzie105

I love this soap. This really evens out my skin tone, keeps acne away, smooths my face so makeup looks flawless, clears out pores, and brightens my face. This is fairly expensive, $50 for the tube but I'm going to be completely candid here... I've had this SAME tube, for over three years. -___-

No seriously. I remember the day I bought this, I was still with my ex boyfriend, I ran to Bergdorf Goodman and bought it. I've since ended with him, and have been dating my current boyfriend for the past two years and 10 months... and there's literally still half the tube left.

The reason for this is the way it lathers. On the Kanebo website it says the "recommended" amount to use is roughly the size of a dime. STOP!!! Anything more than the size of the pea is going to completely blow you away. This lathers like nothing I've ever seen before, and because I use this only once a day and at night, the tube has lasted literally forever. I love the smell of it, I wet my face, take a teeeeeeeeeny amount and moisturize like it was a cream, and then the magic begins and my whole face is covered in thick suds, thick, creamy lather. I then use a facial buffer to really clean.

It's been three years and the product is still effective. It hasn't gone bad in any way shape or form, so honestly $50 for something that will last you years and years? Insanity.

If you have dry skin, this product is probably not for you. If you check out the Kanebo website it lists all the products and it specifically states the best products for your skin type. This creamy soap is for those with normal-combination skin. It's leaning more towards those with oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Chocolatta27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing face soap that gives radiant and smooth looking right after I used for the first time. The texture is so soft and you just need a tiny amount of it for your whole face. Tips for using this soap in the winter: moisturize your face afterwards and follow the skincare routine just like you always do. However if it really bothers, you can stop using it in the winter. Despite the price, this product is really worth it and I suggest you to ask for sample to try out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by seiran

I just tried this cleanser today and after reading the reviews below noticed a few things that I feel are incorrect. Firstly, it foams EXTREMELY well. Because I had already read the reviews prior to using this, I knew I only needed a small amount but what I did not know was that the small amount I squeezed out was too much. You need less than a pea size so for that fact, this cleanser will last at least 3 times longer than the average cleanser! So the price therefore is definitely worth it! So really you're only paying $20 if we're to compare it with the average cleanser's length of use.

I like the fragrance and my face does feel very clean after but I did use my silk peeling powder first. This cleanser is step 2 but I skipped step 1 as I had no makeup or anything on my face and considering I was going to use silk peeling powder first, I felt it would be more than enough to clean my face.

I will update on the dryness once I've used this cleanser for more than 2 weeks, I live in northern canada where it's cold and dry right now so if it's drying, i will definitely notice it.

UPDATE: Does a great job cleansing but dries me out! I have sensitive skin and in Canadian dry winters...my skin already flakes and cracks easy so definitely can't use this here. But it would work well if I was living near the equator and had oilier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by hadeutsch

a good cleanser, it cleans all dirt and won't dry the skin out. It lathers not very well. So u need a lot to clean ur face. But too expensive for a cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by torica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product cleans my skin very well. Usually I double clean my skin in the evening (that is, wash it twice with my cleanser), but that is not neccesary with this. I do find it a bit drying in the winter, but my skin tends to get a bit oilier in summer, so right now, this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by goback

Like its name, this cleanser lathers up into a creamy foam. It is a little pricey, but it really cleans throughly and you dont need to use a toner with this cleanser. It feels luxurious and smooth on the skin and has a light floral fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by riaki

I love Kanebo.I have had the Silky purifying Creamy Soap for almost 9 months now(and there is still much left). It is great as a cleanser and may I say the best one I have tried so far. I have oily/combo Skin and this soap has made my skin more radiant looking and smooth.I have't had any breakouts, on the contary,I noticed that since I started using this miracle I have had less of those.The only drawback is its high price, but the Soap literary lasts for ages as you need only a tiny bit to lather up and wash your skin.Would definetely rebuy it, although at the moment I am trying to test other Kanebo products which are more preisworthy(Japan Range).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It will last a LONG time because a little goes a long way. It's the texture of canned shaving gel - squeeze out a little and mix with water and you get this foamy cleanser that's really nice. I use this after the purifying oil cleanser by kanebo as part of their 2-step cleansing process. So far, so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2007 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sara9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a large sample of this that I got in Paris which will probably last a month. This foaming cleanser is similar to other Japanese foaming cleansers that I have tried. It leaves my skin feeling *waxy*, clean and slightly dehydrated though the amount of dehydration that ensues usually depends on the amount used. The end-result did not impress me enough to consider purchasing the full-sized bottle, in fact, I forget about it most of the time, which basically means that it is mediocre.