MAC Viva Glam III

4.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a typical example of an UNDERRATED lipstick. I can not explain to you how much I love this one. But ok, I will give it a try: the first time me and this lipstick met, was while having a date night with my friends. One of my bf's wore this and Hell that looked good. BUT, she is like a total opposite of me.. blond as princess Elsa, blue eyes and red toned skin. So I assumed I would look like a gothic wearing this lipstick. Then, when I was snooping at my local Mac store, I went crazy and gave it a try. I was suprised AND in love! It is so chique, classic, feminin and perfect for fall/winter. Texture also awesome, matte but not drying!

I'm on my second tube of this.

I absolutely love a true red lip, but I have found myself reaching for this dark, browned plum all of the time. It's become a bit of a signature color for me. I line and fill in my lips with Mac's Half Red liner and then put Viva Glam III on top. It's perfect.
It's not a drying matte and it lasts and lasts. I put this on before boogying away at a concert and hours later it was still perfect. This same lipstick that perfect for a party is perfect for work, casual days, church, and formal events.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I luv it very bold, very glammy. MAC has great staying power in all their lipsticks-glosses way to go MAC yay

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This lipstick was my RIDE OR DIE!!!

I think I wore this lipstick every single day for about a year while I was working at a very visible, customer service oriented job in Los Angeles. I had been looking for a nice, stand-out lip color that wasn't red (due to the nature of the job, every girl there wore red or pink lipstick) and I found my perfect match with Viva Glam III. It was lovely-on my skin it's a brownish mauve color with the perfect hint of plum. It has a lot of drama to it.

I don't even remember who recommended this to me, but whoever it was, I love them. I love everything about this lipstick-the color, the feel, the smell, and how long lasting it is! It's a wonderful mix between a matte and a cream, and it applies beautifully to my lips with only some chapstick on underneath. It also smells DIVINE, as do all of the MAC lipsticks. I've loved the smell of lipstick since I was a little girl and used to go through my mom's makeup bags and sniff her tubes of Fashion Fair. This smells ALMOST as good.

I could easily get seven or eight hour days with this lipstick. The only time it ever came off or faded was if I ate or drank, and I don't mean snacking, I do mean eating a full course meal or drinking from a glass.

I do think this lipstick is a little higher in price than its other MAC sister lipsticks, but it's part of the Red line where a portion is donated to women and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. This lipstick has the red tube rather than the standard silver one that comes with all of the other MAC lipsticks.

I loved this lipstick, and I still do. These days, I don't wear such standout colors on the daily anymore, but I resurrect this color every now and again if I'm feeling beautiful that day, or sometimes for a night out.

Wonderful color, and I hope MAC never discontinues this shade.

I love this lipstick. I am fair-skinned (N/NW10-15), and it's pretty dark, but I don't find it too dark for me. When I want a sheerer look, I dab it on with my fingers, or apply it over a lip balm. It's just a great dark red.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Love this one! Such a gorgeous rich plummy, slightly brown with a hint of fuchsia, matte lipstick. So easy to dress it up or down. It's just bold enough to get noticed but not so bold that it couldn't be an everyday lipstick. And nothing beats MAC's matte formula, great staying power and doesn't turn your lips into sand paper.

This is the most beautiful lipstick ever I was afraid of it for a long time because it looks so dark but I finally bought it and finished my tube and ready for another its the best of the dark lipsticks and my favourites are vgIII, del rio, paramount, media and dark side all nice colors but this one and del rio are the best I can't wait to get another ill wear it in warm weather because I wore sin last summer as well.

I FINALLY got my hands on this beautiful baby. I've been eyeing it for so long and it always seemed to be sold out at my local MAC counters, BOTH OF THEM :-( but today it was finally in stock at Nordstrom so I jumped on it quick. It is such a flattering and gorgeous plummy pink brown shade and it will look good with any and every eye look that I do. I must say, I think this is my new favorite MAC lipstick. Their colors never disappoint me and I love that the mattes are not as drying as many other matte lipsticks out there. I can see myself buying a backup next time I'm around the mall....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful plum-brown shade. The swatch does not do the product justice as it appears too pink. I purchased this about the same time I purchased Viva Glam I. I got a bit tired of the Ruby Woo bright blue red, so I thought I would change it up a bit. While a lot of people think this is too dark for daytime wear I say go for it. Write your own rules!!! I will wear this shade and my other MAC shades: Viva Glam I, Sin, Dark Side, Ruby Woo, MAC Red, All Fired Up, Just a Bite, Flat Out Fabulous, or Heroine any time of the year. My lips, my rules.

On me it wears down to a nice soft plum shade. With my complexion I would consider this a nudeish/neutral shade, as typical neutral shades wash me out. And if I am going to wear a lip product that is about the same as my complexion, I will just buy a clear lip-gloss.

Since I am a big fan of matte lipsticks, I am fully aware of how drying they can be. If it bothers you, you should re-apply a bit of lip-balm or MAC's lip primer during the day. But just a bit so you don't fade the color.

I also love that the proceeds go to support those affected by HIV and AIDS. Yes the lipstick is expensive, but it is for a worthy cause.

I will never not have this. It is my 'dark' shade. Not red, not fuchsia; those I love too but when I want DARK I reach for this. I'm fair and I especially love this when I have white/platinum hair because it's kind of unexpected. It just looks so sexy and almost goth-y. On me, it's a deep dark brick raisiny color. I put a ltd ed black Dior addict gloss over it for extra drama sometimes. The formula itself is super matte and long-lasting, my fave for a lippy. I don't really care for glossy satiny shades; that's what gloss is for. If you have dry lips this may not work though. I put Peter Thomas Roth unwrinkle lip on day and night/at night followed by a thick balm (bite agave lip mask right now), so my lips are in pretty good condition. This is a serious lipstick not for the faint hearted (well if you're pale. maybe doesn't look so dramatic on darker ladies). I have cool undertones btw. And every cent to AIDS? Thankyousirillhaveanother. Love love love. The worker at a store I frequent actually loved it so much she had me go buy her 2!! So I guess it looks good to ppl other than me haha.

Recommended for Medium Skin