Cover Girl Eye Enhancers - Crystal Waters

3.3

on 5/9/2015 10:03:00 AM

I used this particular eyeshadow quad all the time when I was 16. It was my absolute favorite and the blue smokey eye was more or less my signature. I remember the eyeshadows being very smooth, blendable, and perhaps a little too sparkly, but I loved them because they were affordable and worked better than other drugstore shadows I had tried.

I saw these at the store recently and I decided to buy them again. A little but of nostalgia, I guess. And since I'm better at doing makeup now, I figured I could really utilize them. I noticed that the packaging was different than it used to be. Evidently the formula is, too. These eyeshadows were HARD! I couldn't even load them onto my brush. I tried applying them wet instead but that did no good. The pigmentation was awful as well. The darkest blue shad looked like a pale faded teal on my eyelid. I know for sure it used to be much darker. I tried using these over my Urban Decay Primer and it didn't do any good. There weren't even any sparkles....my teenage self would have been so disappointed.

I thought this palette was a fluke or something, but it turns out I had bought another Covergirl quad the same day and had the very same problems with that one. Needless to say, I will not be buying any more Covergirl eyeshadows.
Massive letdown....

on 8/21/2011 7:22:00 AM

I bought this because I had an idea to do a really intense blue/turquoise eye look and even though I already had some shades that would work I wanted more options, lol. So I found this and thought it would work perfectly. I applied the second darkest shade wet, but turns out this shadows don't really like to be wet, so I applied it dry instead. Once I figured that out it worked really well and it looked freaking awesome. Both of the times I used this, I was both working (bartending) and it was very hot out as well, so that may have something to do with the fact that this shadow tends to crease and loose its vibrancy throughout its wear. I love how it looks when I first put it on and I'm hoping that I can get it to work for me better in the future when I'm not in a hot sweaty environment. I will say that the blues are great for bringing out blue eyes and the palest shade is beautiful in the inner corner, I'm happy I bought this and I will create several different looks with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I made good use out of this quad when I was in high school. I never wore all the colours altogether because I just think it'd be too intense for me. However, I did apply the two darker shades into my eyeliner sometimes. On my upper lid I would line it with black eyeliner and then the outer corner top and bottom I'd often wet a brush, dip it into the dark colour and then add. That was my look a lot in high school. I think blue eyeshadows are way underrated for brown eyes! It looks awesome. The lightest shade could work for the brow bone and inner corners of your eyes. If I do blue with my eyeliner these days I usually use a pencil nowadays. Well, I wouldn't buy this again because it's Cover Girl, and I don't like that they test their products on animals. I should probably mention the horribly cheap packaging too. Drop this palette and KAPOW, you got a problem.

on 11/6/2010 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this palette before I knew anything about eyeshadow and which shades would go best with my blue eyes. I just picked it because blue and green are my favorite colours. Anyway, these shades look awful on me. Plus, they're super shimmery and not pigmented.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I like the idea that it gives you an array of colors to blend, but it's too sparkly for me. Also, like most eyeshadows, it comes off quite easily.

on 8/13/2010 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This eyeshadow quad worked almost decently on me. I have tried-and hated most Covergirl shadows, and I still don't love this one but it showed up OK on my pale pale eyelids, and had OK staying power.

Still had a peculiar smell, and smeared without using a base. Colors are pretty, but I now have switched to and prefer NYX.

on 6/11/2010 10:16:00 PM

I've had this quad for a while and thought I would break it out and use it. It is possibly the worst eyeshadow I have ever used. It took alot of product to get enough color payoff on my lids. Fallout was INSANE- all over my face. The consistency on the brush and then on my eyelids was crumble-y and disgusting. I would not recommend this at all. I wore it for an hour to an hour and a half and it didn't even last that long. I bought it because the colors are pretty but I would never use this again. :/

on 2/14/2010 2:02:00 PM

I have always been a fan of blue eyeshadow so when I saw this product online I had my sister purchase it for me. I really like the two darkest shades of blue, they are pigmented and work very well for me, same goes for the white but the light blue was a disappointment, it wasn't pigmented and did not work at all on my skin. That was probably the only bad part about this product. No matter how much I tried to apply it the colour would not show up.

Though it was only one of the colours, not sure if it was maybe defective but I will repurchase if I run out since I like the blues so much.

I love the colors of this! They're so so pretty. I really like the silver/white color and the lighter blue color together. Like almost all of the Covergirl eyeshadows, I think the color payoff is pretty decent. I'm not a huge high end makeup kind-of person, because I think you can get almost the same kind of quality at drugstores, if you use a primer and all that jazz. overall i love this quad:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

really pretty colors and great color quality! I don't mind using the sponge applicators they give you because honestly, they deposit more color. The darker colors show up really well and you can mix with the others or wear the lighter ones alone for a more subtle look. The one thing is, sometimes I find CG shadows can be a bit dusty or have some fallout, but once it's on, it's on. Just use a primer. I def like this though, and it's noticeable!