August 22, 2014 | 1196 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Kiss Gloss

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jnpbeauty

OMG this product is AMAZING - I never imagined I could love a lip gloss THIS. MUCH. First let me explain that I am (or was) not a lip gloss fanatic because I despised the thick, tacky texture on my lips. In fact, I owned just one Revlon gloss and probably applied it about 3-4x within the past year (it's still accumulating dust in my makeup train). After trying NYC. Kissgloss, however, I don't think I ever want to walk out the door bare-lipped again!

Yesterday my local CVS was having a cosmetics clearance and I picked up just one NYC Kissgloss in "Murray Hill Melon" because at 79 cents, I had nothing to lose. This morning I applied it to my lips and I could not believe how SMOOTH the product glided onto my lips. The color payoff was INCREDIBLE. It appeared as if I had just been bitten by a handsome vampire! Within a few hours I returned to CVS and picked up THREE MORE colors (Yes, I was in love...). Initially I refused the colors with glitters/sparkles but I loved my first Kissgloss so much that I decided to take the risk (it was still only 79 cents a piece!) and I'm glad that I did because not only were they subtle when applied, but they gave my lips the illusion of fuller, plumper lips. I'd advise to not be afraid of the colors in the tube because they show up better on the lips!

After wearing the gloss for almost a full day now, it hasn't rubbed off or caused my lips to become dry and chapped. It still doesn't feel sticky/tacky and I am STILL very impressed with the color payoff. It's like a tinted lipbalm, really, because you get that touch of color and it leaves your lips feeling moisturized. While I was never a fan of scented lip products before, NYC Kissglosses smells divine. Now I'm wondering whether I should return to CVS tonight and pick up the last few colors or just simply stock up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

City Sorbet: just a hint of color, mostly from the mica/glitter, so it's a very pretty shiny nude lip without washing me out.

Sugar Hill Shimmer: functionally very similar to City Sorbet. Both of them are clear sparkly glosses. Maybe Sugar Hill is slightly cooler-toned.

B'way Berry : if you're looking for a pigmented but still translucent gloss under $3 this one is for you; it's a jelly without sparkles that really packed a vibrant berry punch, too colorful for me.

Soho Sweetpea: soft mauvy-pinky-berry with sparkles. Better for me and my pale skin than B'way.

The thick glossy texture isn't overly oily, or sticky, and lasts for a good while. Slight citrus-fruity scent, goes away after application. Faint numby sort of feeling when I apply it that fades over time; no tingling, irritation or plumping. Just good budget glosses. Not as moisturizing over time as the Liquid Lip Shines, but not drying.

Allow me to rave about the packaging. I love plain squeeze tubes so much. I am not a fan of wand tubes because no matter how clean your lips or fingertip are, you know you're transferring skin cells and germs back into the gloss every time you use it. Over and over and over again. While it's not really enough to stop me from using those glosses, it's definitely squicky. Then there are the tubes with spongy fuzzy applicators on them -- gross! The worst of both worlds! I wish more companies packaged in these unassuming and sanitary plain old squeeze tubes.

I lost an expensive BeneFit gloss and I was going to look at Sephora's store brand glosses for replacing it, to save a few bucks, but now I think I'll just stick with this $3 pretty. It really does remind me of the Sephora glosses I've swatched a lot of times, both in consistency and glitter/color. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you could dupe several specific colors from that line with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Irenelb

Overall this product was a bit disappointing, the color is awesome (i bought city sorbet) but the gloss does not last long as all, i find myself applying it every few minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by xlisaa

I found the Clear As Can-dy Kiss Gloss at my local Dollar Tree store and I purchased it. I have been looking for a clear gloss since my clear Buxom is running out, but Buxom is pricey for a clear gloss. Since it was $1, can't really go wrong if it does not work out. It had a faint mint scent to it, which was not really noticeable and I applied a bit to my lips. It was glossy, and not too sticky. It did not have a taste for me either! The only complaint I have is that the tube itself feels very sticky, there's like no way to make it non-sticky, but I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by buusmose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too sticky..Tastes gross:/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The only other time I've bought NYC lip gloss I found it was insanely sticky and unpleasant. It also didn't moisturize. This was none of those things! It's not too glittery, fairly sheer. I have the tangerine flavor, but it's more like banana :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by becca108

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I HATED the kind that I bought. I purchased this product in Tribecca Tangerine, which was a peachy orange color that I thought would be REALLY cute. The color on was totally cute, but the smell was HORRENDOUS. It didnt smell like tangerines at all, rather, it smelled like bubblegum tylenol for little kids. IT drove me absolutely insane. I used it one time and I can't bring myself to use it again. I'm not saying that all the "flavors" of this product are bad, but I suggest that you do NOT purchase Tribecca Tangerine. Total disappointment. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never paid attention to any N.Y.C. glosses until they revamped their packaging last year and reformulated almost all of their glosses including the Kiss Gloss. The old ones always seemed so childish in a cheapo squeeze tube and came in really limited colors I never bothered to try them. However the new reformulated versions in the black & clear tubes are excellent! These glosses are thick, high glass shine, moisturizing, not too sticky with great staying power and a subtle bubblegum(?) scent. There's a variety of shimmery shades and also translucent vivid colors which is nice. I am particularly a fan of the neon ones which look scary in the tube but actually apply on the lips as a sheer candy color. Very unique and looks much more expensive than it is. The new packaging isn't too shabby either. A great drugstore buy for $3 and often on sale for less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this in "Clear as Can-dy," a clear and very shiny gloss. The texture reminds me of MAC Lipglass. It works very well as a shiny sealant for any lipstick or liner. The taste is very, very light to me, almost imperceptible--perhaps other colours are more highly flavored. For $2 to $3, this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG. I will only buy lipgloss from NYC, I love them so much. My favorite is strawberry banana. It gives your lips a peachy glossy fantastic look, I use it practically everyday. And it tastes...sooo good. My boyfriend hates it when I wear lipgloss, unless it's this one. It's that good tasting ;) Love.