April 18, 2014 | 1704 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Control Freak Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was looking for something to straighten my hair AND saving it from the heat and I ended up trying this one, Control Freak Serum by Tigi. I am not a big fan of Tigi but I kind of like the funny bottles and the freaky fragrances, so I often end up buying a "funny" Tigi product instead of an adult, boring (but maybe more effective) hair product.

I have a horrible hair to handle. I am naturally blonde but I have bleached my hair, my hair is thick, dry, wavy and frizzy. I´m always looking for smoothing products and silicone is my best friend when it comes to hair styling.

This serum is actually not a serum, it is a gel. A gel with glittery parts (that do not make the hair glittely, actually they really disappear to my hair). I use it to wet hair and blowdry my hair, then I often use straightening iron. This gel works ok, it does not straighten my hair more, but it keep it straight longer, and that is great. It tames frizz a little bit, but does not make my hair flat. It also dries my hair out a little bit, but since I also use a moisturizing leave in conditioner by loreal professionell, it is in control.

I like this product but it is nothing special. When I am done with this bottle, I will probably test something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by smcrowe155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It controls my frizz and doesn't weigh my hair down. I only apply it to my ends and it helps keep my thin hair straight! The smell is ok kinda strange. The sparkle doesn't transfer to my hair either so its kinda pointless but overall I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Sms815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this serum, i pull it out almost every time i style my hair. Whether im curling it or straightening or anything between, it does what it says...keeps it "controlled". I could do without the glitter but never notice it once it's in my hair so whatever. I like how it makes my hair sleek and frizz free. The smell is weird but pretty subtle. I also like how a little bit goes a long ways, a bottle lasts forever. Its loaded with silicone & could easily make fine hair look greasy...i try to keep it away from my roots and more to the middle and ends of my waist length hair. I use it as the finishing touch to most of my styling (in combo with other products)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

This is just ok. I didnt really notice much difference using it. It is kind of heavy for my fine hair. Bumble and Bumble Straight works much better for me, plus it is more light weight and smells way better. This stuff smells kind of cheap to me

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by RedAlex

I have thick and frizzy hair, oily scalp and it is a bit wavy at the ends. I am still searching for a good product to keep away the fluff and help me straighten my hair. And this is NOT the product.
First of all it is a gel with glitter in it. This might appeal to teenagers, but besides that is has no qualities. The gel makes the hair messy and sticky, and while the first day is bearable, the second day it just seems very dirty and has a pillow shape. And no, it doesn’t help with the frizz, fluffiness and doesn’t help you keep your hair straight.
I guess gels are not very good. I like more the spray Spoil me, from Tigi, even if it has alcohol in it which is not ok for frizzy hair. Also, creams might be a better choice. Still searching for a good one...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by alyssiajayne

I love this as an anti-frizz product. Overall it is really good on my hair and works well. I prefer putting it in my hair when it is wet and then drying it as it looks heavy in my hair when I put it in dry. It is quite a think formula too which I found surprising but didn't mind.

Only thing I found is that I wasn't particularly fond of the scent, but I would still re-buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine had and asked me to use it to see how it was imho. I hated it. It felt like putting slimy sparkly goop in my hair. It weighed it down and for some reason made my hair look darker because it was slicked down (?).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Kate1011

This is actually this best product I have used to control my frizz!! I don't think it works as well to strighten hair which is its down point but I only really need it for fizz. Its not greasy at all and leaves my hair smooth and smells nice. I highly recommed this for people with frizzy hair, but I u are looking to strighten your hair I would use this with bed head extrme stright shampoo and conditioner, as I got this for my friend and It works well of her. So If u are looking to strighten and frizz would use the shampoo and I WILL work bettere :) hope this helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by darkknight880

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to protect my hair from the heat and to stop the frizz I always get in my crown area
The scent is nice (green apples) but dont smell it directly from the bottle otherwise it will smell like apples but also an unpleasant smell of chemicals >.>maybe because i straightened it with a flat iron not with a blow dryer >_>

yeah it tamed the frizz and the flyaways >>> but my hair still not super straight and flat with no curls at all as how I expected

And the product claimed straightening >.> (bad aspect!!)

I`ll purchase the product again because it tames the frizz pretty well and i can keep my lower curls without being flattened ^.^

and have a nice day :)
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by preeti33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its an excellent product for its price. The only prob I have is its smell. Otherwise, totally non-sticky and doesnt become a problem if I accidently apply a little more (which is a very big prob with Redken heat glide). Will totally buy again :)