Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds- Clear Cut Diamond

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

This is the only polish (so far) that I have ever bought a back up of. I love it!! I used to use it as a tip color for a sparkly subtle french mani when I had longer nails. Sadly it is DCed though, so if you find it and you like it, snatch it up!

on 11/16/2008 10:32:00 AM

This is one of two polishes that I own, the other being Wet N Wild Sparkling Diamonds. This is nice, I am really a minimalist when it comes to polishes so it works for me. It's pretty clear with sparkles but has a light pink color to it. While I like the Wet N Wild a little better, I would definitely repurchase this. It's not bad pricewise and it's a good choice for those who like to dress up their fingers and toes just a little bit.

on 2/24/2008 8:53:00 PM

Meh. Clear-Cut Diamond is a very, very sheer white with irridescent microglitter. The finish is much more subtle than what the polish looks like in the bottle which was a big disappointment for me. It really lacks gloss and impact, so I wouldn't even want to use this for layering. Also, this has an unusual odor that I don't care for. It smudged even after 10 minutes of drying, too. I don't care for the bottle shape very much either, and I prefer having at least one mixing ball inside but there is none. I am just not impressed with these polishes at all, even after having tried at least two different formulas. The price is inexpensive and the polish is readily-available, but I won't repurchase.

on 1/11/2007 6:37:00 AM

I bought this based on positive recs, but it didn't meet my expectations. I was hoping for an elegant, clear-to-slightly-opaque, high-shimmer product. On the nail, this looks like discrete specks of glitter scattered through an otherwise clear polish. It's also rough to the touch (top coat helps but doesn't entirely compensate). It's not a terrible product, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Clear Cut Diamond 420 is a pink and gold microglitter in a sheer white base. The texture is not as gritty as other Maybelline glitters, but still needs a shiny topcoat to be smooth.

I don't wear many pale shades, so I swapped it away.

on 12/27/2006 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this color. Clear-Cut Diamond is sheerest white with iridescent microglitter that flashes white, silver, pink, gold and blue. It's a pretty subtle color so you only see a brief flash of sparkle, but up close you can see all the different colors when you turn your nails to and fro.

This would be a great color for layering over a nude polish. The only issue is that the formula is not that shiny, and the finish is slightly gritty because of the glitter (Maybelline Cold As Ice Colorama is shiny and smooth even with its microglitter, hence the "4" rating for this formula). Both faults are easily fixed with a glossy topcoat like INM Out the Door or Seche Vite or Poshe. continued >>

on 12/6/2006 11:24:00 AM

YES!!! This is the nail polish I have been looking for. It makes your nails look really shiny, but you have to examine very closely to see the shimmer particles. This means that its subtle, and you won't be accused of acting like a fourteen year old with glitter on her nails. I love this stuff, and the fact that it only cost me $3.49.

on 11/29/2006 7:04:00 AM

What a pleasant surprise. The color caught my eye, so impulsively bought. It is a great topcoat which would layer beautifully with a lot of colors. It wears remarkably well & can't be beat for the price. I adore the microglitter in it. Would repurchase if I ever run out.

on 6/22/2006 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This prudust is awesom. I love the colour, and the little sparkly bits, as they aren't to large. It lasts ages with out chipping, and doesn't take ages to dry. It's also pretty easy to get off too, and the shimmer bits don't get stuck to your nails. I would buy again :D

This is a great shimmery, sheer frost for my nails and toenails! I love this shade; it can be worn anywhere and will be great for the summer!

Popular Polishes