October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by snappalicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

About the equivalent of pure baby oil (and just as impossible to get off). Although it does the job, it leaves the most oily residue of any remover I have used. Save your money and just get baby oil since it will do the exact same thing/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This removes waterproof eye makeup, but it leaves a very oily residue. It's also quite expensive for a drugstore brand. Similar but better products are Garnier's Clean Sensitive 2-in-1 and Neutrogena's Oil-free eye makeup removers.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this. It removes EVERYTHING off. The trick is to dampen a cotton pad with water, squeeze out, shake the remover bottle and pour a small amount of the remover into the pad and wipe the eye area gently. I either wear waterproof, or very resistant mascara since these are the only things that hold up the curl in my eyelashes, and this takes it right off. I mean even better than pure jojoba oil itself! (what i used to use before i found this.) I found this for $2 at biglots. Since it is there almay is probably discontinuing it. This just clicked in my head, haha. Well, better go back and stock up! (i took a lippie off because the cap is a pain in the butt.)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by verbivorous

So the Almay Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover performed its job well, which was to remove my eye makeup. But it also stung my eyes like crazy, I was literally tearing from the pain, and was extra oily. My eyelashes were glittering with oil. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by underthestars

i bought this product at Big Lots for $2bucks so i thought, whatever i'll give it a try. It does remove my makeup well, but the down side is, it is very oily, and i mean really oily. The other downside I don't really like makeup removers that just have a big hole it is hard to dip a q-tip in deep and a kleenex.
But for the price I would probably purchase it again but no more than two dollars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Bhree

I liked all the other almay makeup removers I have tried, but this was too oily and stung my eyes (worse than usual, too). I was being as careful as I possibly could be, but I guess because this product is so oily it found it's insidious way in.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way too GREASY for my liking , and it doesn't clean the last traces off either ..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Electrogirl

I use this not so much for eye makeup, but for removing MAC Pro Longwear lipcolor. Since Dual Phase is oil based, it wipes the MAC right off! It will probably do the same for any other longwear lipcolor, such as Lipfinity or Outlast. Silicone-based removers don't even touch that stuff. I took off two lippies because the cap is a pain in the butt, the smell is a bit funky (I am very sensitive to smells), and it tends to tug when removing eye makeup. It's a lot cheaper than buying MAC's remover to get my Pro Longwear off though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff will definitely get your waterproof makeup off, because of the oil. I wear contacts, and this will make your contacts hazy if you happen to get it in your eye. I hate the "childproof" medicine-like cap they have on this though. It's such a hassle, and it really ruins the appearance of the product. I prefer using Neutrogena's oil free eye makeup remover, since it's slightly cheaper by the ounce, and also has a more user friendly cap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

I just don't enjoy the oiliness. And it somewhow manages to slip into my eyes and sting them. Nada.