Got2B full of yourself, volumizing gel 2mousse

3.3

on 4/6/2008 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff works, but it made my hair feel really gross, and it felt crunchy ]:. It smells good and the bottle is pretty.. which was..two reasons why i bought it. hah.

on 11/30/2006 2:33:00 PM

I bought a bottle of this two years ago, and haven't used it for maybe a year. I didn't like this very much because it didn't give me any volume, but made my hair stick together instead (applied on dry hair).

on 4/14/2006 6:59:00 PM

hair type: long, straight, baby-fine

This mousse gives a lot of lift at the roots, which is very important for my hair type. However, the ends become crunchy and lose bounce. I may keep using this for roots only, and use something esle for silky ends (like Got 2 Be volumizing gel). I think this product can work better on short hair

on 11/22/2005 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i just tried this stuff this morning, my roomie bought it and i was curious b/c i have v. fine hair and am always trying volumizers. i liked it, it certainly worked, but i might have used too much (i used a golf ball sized amount). it felt like it dried out my hair and all day it felt kinda dry and crunchy. its much more suitable for "going out hair" when you want it to last all night through dancing. i've used other volumizers that gave similar results w/out drying out my hair (for 1.50, no less!) so i don't think i will use her stuff again. :)

I didn't mind this stuff. I gave my hair a bit of a boost and it smells delicious (like tropical fruit) but it didn't do much else. I like it and it's a pretty good mousse for pumping up my hair.

on 8/16/2005 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have thick, coarse, frizz-prone, wavy/curly hair that is past my shoulders. I need serious hold but gels usually reduce the curl. So, I tend to use Mousses (my favourite being Joico Ice Whip). But the problem i have with mousses is while they create great curls (I air dry), they don't offer enough hold and as soon as i play with my hair a little bit, the curls will come apart and turn into frizz. Anyway, this mousse/gel combo is pretty good: doesn't flake in my black hair, creates nice, big, shiny curls and has much better hold than a mousse alone. I do have to put it in my hair when it's really wet though, but that's the same with any hair product: too much towel drying creates frizz. Anyway, good product. Packaging sucks a little bit because the gel comes out and basically pours out onto the side of the container. But no big deal. Price is ok. Will re-purchase unless i find it dries my hair out. So far, so good.

on 4/11/2005 7:32:00 PM

I was sucked in by the packaging of this product- and also the shampoo and conditioner were in mousse form. But I bought the mousse and it was so liquidy and it dried in my hair so it was sticky and that horrible hard-stick feeling. I applied it to my towel-dried hair and didn't blow dry. Maybe blow drying would make a difference. However I won't buy again.

I like this stuff. It's no miracle worker, but better than the other volumizers I've used. Also, it doesn't give my hair a "crunchy" feel or make it greasy. It's great for when I want to put my hair in a messy, volumized "just rolled out of bed" look (even though I totally didn't). Price is great too. I will absolutely buy it again.

on 12/24/2004 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I just bought this, love the name and the wonderful body it gives my hair. It does dry a bit, thus the four lippie rating. However, it's looking like I would buy again, due to the added volume and fulness it imparts. Yes, I am full of myself, just kidding!!!

on 9/8/2004 1:14:00 PM

I hate this product since I think I'm allergic to it. It does give body and looks fine if you don't use too much. It doesn't wash out of my hair easily. I won't be buying it again.