August 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - So Ingenious Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2006 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Anstowe

Good utilitarian foundation for those with reasonable skin. Not too heavy, not a matte cover but blends well and doesn't get blotchy regardless of how long it takes to get through a bottle (as a non makeup wearer, I know that is a looooong time!) It is worth getting an opinion as to the right colour for you if you are a bit challenged in the makeup knowledge department - I always used to buy too light but the counter ladies steered me in the right direction with this one about 6 years ago and I haven't looked back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 5:32:00 AM More reviews by protobiont

This is the BEST liquid foundation I've ever tried. Just for EL, I've tried Equalizer, Ideal Matte, and Double Wear. I have very oily T-zone with dry flakey cheeks. I'm using Ivory 08. This foundation seems to smooth things out noticeably. It also BLENDS with your skin effortlessly. It helps control the shine decently and doesn't settle in the dry patches!!!

What surprisea me the most is that supposedly it's a sheer foundation, however it really gives you good coverage. I have some dark spots from acne and this covers well. (of course, with a little help from EL smoothing cream concealer, I look flawless) It also gives a little dewy finish(not shiny), and this helps a lot if you want to appear like you have 'healthy' complexion.

This is truly a HG for me. It feels really light on my skin with good coverage. Can't wait to try to powder! Will definitely purchase again and recommend to everyone. As for the price, $ CDN 42 may seem a little pricey. However, I use the foundation brush to apply and very little foundation is needed so the bottle will last me for at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2003 2:01:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

I have very oily skin with an acne prone t-zone. My medication causes me to get flaky but this foundation fixes my problems with no bother.My flaky patches smooth out and my oily areas get mopped up. This foundation thinks for you! I love the fact that the bottle is full and one needs very little to cover whole face. I wish it were not glass though as I am a dropper. The one "difficulty": three shades blended in my skin perfectly so I had to walk around to check for color change. I settled for Warm Ivory. I am a MAC C2, BB w.ivory, LM warm ivory.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2003 6:20:00 AM More reviews by dream_me

I have to say this is truly the nicest new foundation I have used in a long time. Not to heavy, not drying, or to oily, on my mature skin. A perfect balance. The price is a bit high, but worth it.
    I am use to paying much less, but as I said well worth the price. It goes on smooth, fairly sheer coverage, not heavy at all. Bottle is very full. I heard someone say they mixed a bit of water with it and it went on more sheer. I think that might be a great idea to try, just a drop of Foundation, and mix a small amount of water and try it, if you want more sheer coverage. I love it. Looks very natural, not made up heavy.
    The color is very good, not yellow, or orange at all. Color I bought was "Ivory Beige".
    My face feels clean and not over made up at all. And I am a person who has always like matte makeup. Used just a tad of my favorite blush, and my face looked soft and dewy. In the summer I might need to get another darker color to mix as I do get a bit darker.
    Very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2003 12:54:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This is a *fantastic* liquid foundation- I think I've already reviewed it elsewhere, but I'm happy to rave about it again.

This gives a light to medium coverage, depending on how much you layer. I find it gives a really beautiful satin finish- not too dewy, but not at all matte. Doesn't leave me shiny at all, which is great. It stays well all day, even when I don't set with powder. And it hasn't made me break out either. The color selection is a bit limited- I wear Cool Beige, the lightest shade in the Asia-Pacific region, and I'm usually a MAC NC20, Stila A/B etc. continued >>