November 27, 2014 | 1452 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Color Protect Daily Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Uggh. Horrible. My hair became sticky, strawlike, waxen and tangly all at the same time. I have thick, wavy, color-treated, shoulder-length hair that usually behaves decently, but this stuff made it SUCH a pain. And yes, I know how to rinse all the shampoo and conditioner out (I used both products separately and together and they both had this effect, so it's got to be the product formulation). Every time I brushed my hair, a weird white residue showed up on the boar bristles. It was disgusting.

I got the set with the conditioner and shampoo from Paul Mitchell (if I'd bought it at an unauthorized retailer, I would not be surprised it sucked so much, but I got it straight from the salon). Paul Mitchell does amazing hair color, but their hair color maintenance products have been disappointing.

I really really wanted to like it because they're cruelty-free, but no dice.

If you have it, return it for Wen by Chaz Dean or Güd from Burt's Bees: both have excellent shampoos for color-treated hair and they don't conduct or endorse animal testing. And a quick fix to undo all the product buildup: vinegar rinse!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Krysty1018

Made my hair disgusting

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good cleanser, gentle for color-treated hair. Doesn't add a lot of moisture which I like because I always follow with a deep conditioning hair treatment. It's ok for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Megalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this shampoo at a salon, not a drugstore. I find it odd that the liter bottles don't come with pumps...Anyways, This shampoo is HORRIBLE. Worst shampoo I've ever used...and have tried pretty much every popular shampoo out there. My normally shiny, fine, color treated hair became dry, lifeless, dead, dull hair. The second I quit using this shampoo my locks thankfully returned to normal. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel bad for saying this about any Paul Mitchell product but do not buy! I picked this up from Cosmo prof after my teacher raved about it and it made my hair appear extremely damaged! It also felt like I had a ton of styling wax/gel in my hair.. So disgusting..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by steph4ward

Firstly .. this is the best shampoo for protecting colour - I've dyed my hair several times from really light blonde to dark black/red and I found this shampoo has helped preserve the colour more than any other shampoo. The downside is yes, it does leave your hair with a greasy feeling, I wash my hair, blowdry it and it already feels greasy before I use any product in it, I find after two weeks or so my hair almost gets accustomed to it and it doesn't bother me as much as it does when I first start using it. I find normally every 4th or 5th day or if I go out and end up using more product I need to use another shampoo/conditioner the following morning. I also find using dry shampoo powder (No Drought from LUSH) helps me if my hair's getting pretty bad from it. Also, it's cruelty free so I like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this shampoo since my hair was dyed bright purple back in May 2013, and now that my hair is black, I'm still using it. This shampoo is amazing for daily washing. It doesn't strip hair of its color or natural oils, but cleanses it well enough that it's not left looking greasy or heavy. I find I am able to extend the life of my color by using this shampoo compared to others I've tried.
The packaging is a good, standard shampoo bottle with a press-style cap, rather than one that needs to be flipped open (which, in my experience, leads to broken nails). Once I reach the end of the product, I store the bottle upside-down and I'm able to get every last drop out without the bottle leaking all over my shower.
Price-wise, I find this to be less expensive than comparable products. It's not a drugstore price point, but let's face it - drugstore shampoos and conditioners tend to be rubbish.
By far my favorite shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by umfaisal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! My hair was in pretty bad shape from a at home hair dye job and this shampoo really saved it. I am going to buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jenealogy

This shampoo was recommended to me from a stylist at the Paul Mitchell Beauty School. I should have know they were just plugging their products. I've tried other Paul Mitchell stuff and it has been fine, but this was the worst. At first, I couldn't figure out what was making my hair so greasy feeling. I had been using WEN every few days and thought it had to be from that. Sometimes, I like to let my wavy hair just air dry to give it a break from the hair dryer. Even with it air drying, it was nasty. Felt like I hadn't even washed it. It didn't get frizzy, but it looked pretty yucky. I'm not sure how people say this dried their hair out. Way way too much conditioning.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by KVernall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Luckily I bought a trial size instead of a full size of this at my local Ulta. Horrible! Made my hair very dry after just one use. Will use the remaining amount to wash hair brushes but will never use it on my hair again.