July 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Color Protect Daily Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by steph4ward

Firstly .. this is the best shampoo for protecting colour - I've dyed my hair several times from really light blonde to dark black/red and I found this shampoo has helped preserve the colour more than any other shampoo. The downside is yes, it does leave your hair with a greasy feeling, I wash my hair, blowdry it and it already feels greasy before I use any product in it, I find after two weeks or so my hair almost gets accustomed to it and it doesn't bother me as much as it does when I first start using it. I find normally every 4th or 5th day or if I go out and end up using more product I need to use another shampoo/conditioner the following morning. I also find using dry shampoo powder (No Drought from LUSH) helps me if my hair's getting pretty bad from it. Also, it's cruelty free so I like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this shampoo since my hair was dyed bright purple back in May 2013, and now that my hair is black, I'm still using it. This shampoo is amazing for daily washing. It doesn't strip hair of its color or natural oils, but cleanses it well enough that it's not left looking greasy or heavy. I find I am able to extend the life of my color by using this shampoo compared to others I've tried.
The packaging is a good, standard shampoo bottle with a press-style cap, rather than one that needs to be flipped open (which, in my experience, leads to broken nails). Once I reach the end of the product, I store the bottle upside-down and I'm able to get every last drop out without the bottle leaking all over my shower.
Price-wise, I find this to be less expensive than comparable products. It's not a drugstore price point, but let's face it - drugstore shampoos and conditioners tend to be rubbish.
By far my favorite shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by umfaisal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! My hair was in pretty bad shape from a at home hair dye job and this shampoo really saved it. I am going to buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Jenealogy

This shampoo was recommended to me from a stylist at the Paul Mitchell Beauty School. I should have know they were just plugging their products. I've tried other Paul Mitchell stuff and it has been fine, but this was the worst. At first, I couldn't figure out what was making my hair so greasy feeling. I had been using WEN every few days and thought it had to be from that. Sometimes, I like to let my wavy hair just air dry to give it a break from the hair dryer. Even with it air drying, it was nasty. Felt like I hadn't even washed it. It didn't get frizzy, but it looked pretty yucky. I'm not sure how people say this dried their hair out. Way way too much conditioning.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by KVernall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Luckily I bought a trial size instead of a full size of this at my local Ulta. Horrible! Made my hair very dry after just one use. Will use the remaining amount to wash hair brushes but will never use it on my hair again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This certainly doesn't strip my hair, but my hair gets greasy just one day after washing...So, will not repurchase. It does smell nice though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by EmBooth

I have fine medium length hair that has been colored multiple times in and out of a salon. I got this last time after switching from Pantene because it made the crown of my hair feel gross. This did not solve the problem and the crown of my hair still feels and looks greasy no matter how little or hard I scrub. I only shampoo every other day and condition only the ends of my hair and this shampoo has not made my problem any better even though I don't put anything else into my hair. Will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by superbity

TERRIBLE. This was recommended to me when I went to get my hair touched up, and I can't see why. I read the reviews on here, but thought it couldn't be that bad since my hair stylist had recommended it to me.

It was. I've used this 2x, and my hair feels horrible. It doesn't clean your hair, and it leaves it feeling so greasy and waxy. Brushing my hair feels like cutting through wax. Oh, did I mention that a huge chunk of hair came out last time I brushed?

My mistake disregarding all the reviews on here... will be switching back to my normal shampoo after using this only 2x...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by CaraxxCaustic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have used the Paul Mitchell Daily Cleansing Shampoo before and used to be really pleased with the results so i thought i would give the color care one a shot.
Worst idea and buy ever. Every time i wash my hair and blow dry it, it feels so greasy and it's very unmanageable. I can barely style it and feel like i have to wash my hair all over again

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by zoolosophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As previews reviewers said , this is the worst shampoo I 've ever used on my colourtreated hair. I bought it after my hairdresser advised me to and I regret I ever did........
plus it costed me 14euro here in greece. My hair felt awfully dirty and dry after two weeks of use, didn't do anything to protect the colour, actually I could literally see it come of when I washed it. And it took a handfull of product to create o little bit of lather, so I 'm only left with half a bottle after just two weeks and I wash my hair every couple of days........ I 've been using other highend shampoos such as redken and schwarzkopf and they worked wonders comparing to this staff......
Total waste of money.