September 2, 2014 | 1960 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Agnes B. - Complexion Illuminator - mauve (purple)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by CosmosCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh the sadness of not being able to buy this anymore! I used it all though med school and residency to look less exhausted and brighter. Now I get more sleep, but am older and could use to boost. This is one of the best things I have found for my ultra pale, sensitive skin, with pink tones. Phantasys of a trip to France to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by 8ball

Oh, I wish they still sold in the US. This stuff delivers. Your skin look more luminous, even under foundation. What can I say? It works!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2004 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lisasurf1

it does help brightening up your complexion, but it is very difficult to spread...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2004 7:40:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an inexpensive way to brighten up the face. When I don't get enough sleep I put on to combat my sallow complexion in the morning. It works quite well for those undereye area too. The product is not matte, so in the summertime I don't use it all over my face, just the areas that need perking up. Even though I don't use foundation, I like using this for evening night out when I tend to use heavier makeup. Somehow it makes the makeup look better. The version I have is the jar version. I think they have a tube version but I've never tried that.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by mountain_blue

I first used this a couple of years ago and thought it was a pretty good product to tone down the redness in my skin. This time around, I ordered the tube version instead of the pot. The product seemed a lot runnier and greasier than I had remembered. It does not do enough for me to purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2004 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Andy66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice idea and, at the time, the only game in town for this kind of thing, but while the colour is good, the texture is cloying and my skin became shiny almost immediately.

YSL no 1 teint is much better and while considerably more expensive (£22 vs Agnes b's £10), it's well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 4:18:00 PM More reviews by palekate

Cheap cure for the shallow and tired winter skin. I'm pale and use the violet base illuminator. I agree w/amyaub who noted it isn't something you can use during humid summer weather. Cheap packaging but the price is right. I'll suffer w/the cheap container if it saves $.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with stella7's review. I also have oilier skin, so I don't often apply it to my whole face. But right around the eye contour area it really does make your eyes look brighter with no shimmer or glitter. The only time I apply it to my whole face is if I know I'm not going to wear it the entire day. Like on a weekend during the day, if I'm just running out for a few quick errands I don't always need full makeup, but this product is nice to brighten up my face so I don't scare the store clerks with my sallow, washed-out skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2003 9:48:00 PM More reviews by stella7

I really like the way this complexion illuminator makes my skin look (it's really good for combatting sallowness), but I am afraid to use it all over my face because I have such oily skin, so I just use it as an eye-area moisturizer. It makes my eyes look nice and bright, without an obvious glittery shadow look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2003 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Kogyaru_Geisha

Love it! I have very pale and also very dull skin it really does brighten up my face. It's easy to apply (very fluid texture) and it leaves no visible trace of purple.
I use it over moisturizer (as I have hyper sensitive skin and I don't want to take a risk)and under foundation but I sometimes skip the foundation since it gives such a pretty skin.